Author Topic: Need help-I could use a sewing machine.  (Read 6706 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Need help-I could use a sewing machine.
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2007, 02:54:39 PM »
Think Ruger Blackhawk not Custom Shop N-frame.W/a Hi-Point price.

Thoughts?Ideas?Creative snide comments? grin

Speaking as my former alter ego "Omar the tent maker" (from car racing days, when I made all the racing flags for the track where my club raced), I suggest going to that most manly of stores, Sears. The sewing machine department is usually located in close proximity to the tool department, thus providing both alibi and cover. And Sears offers decent machines, at reasonable prices.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2007, 06:46:41 PM »
https://www.quiltedtoatee.com/store.php?showCat=15

I know they have at least 7 for sale right now even though they are not all on the website.  A phone call or email would get you all the info.  All these Singers have been disassembled, cleaned, re-timed, and had all the electrical stuff updated, and all the wearable parts replaced like rubber bumpers etc.  Black ones are original finish with gold leaf replaced and clear-coated.  Colored ones are refinished in custom color with gold leaf replaced and cleared, and are more expensive.
If you want a great machine that will likely outlast you and can also punch a needle through just about anything, there you go.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2007, 06:17:46 AM »
Well, if anyone knows where I could pick up a nice double-needle machine that isn't currently in a container from China, and doesn't cost over a grand, I'd like to know.

Irrespective of price, if you don't want it to come from China it doesn't exist.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design