Author Topic: Hit & Run Outside My Window  (Read 1535 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Hit & Run Outside My Window
« on: October 30, 2007, 02:34:55 PM »
Phoenix, AZ

Just watched a hit & run.

Offending vehicle (a red 2-door, early 90's, can't read the make and model) hits another vehicle.  Red car slams into highway barrier.  Someone with a south-of-the-border look jumps out of the driver seat and immediately dashes away from the scene, jumps the highway barriers and disappears into the neighborhood.

He leaves his older female companion and a young girl (~10-12 years old) in the car.

Female companion abandons the young girl, after the man.

Young girl is now answering questions for state troopers who responded.

Sigh.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Hit & Run Outside My Window
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 02:38:04 PM »
Little girl is hurt, is loaded onto a backboard, and the ambulance just pulled up to get ready to take her off to the hospital.

Glad her parents are there to comfort her, be informed of her prognosis, and take care of her.  angry

No illegal problem here in AZ, though. rolleyes
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 02:45:25 PM »
dang azredhawk you gotta offer your services up to the ice  what with your ability to discerm legal status by lookng you'd be a real asset   and if ice isn't hiring there are a couple other 3 letter groups where you might find friends

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 02:47:04 PM »
yawn.
--Lysander Spooner

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 03:12:43 PM »
Yea, maybe they're perfectly legal.
Probably just a few outstanding warrants.
Or maybe he REALLY had to go to the bathroom?
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Len Budney

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 03:18:02 PM »
...what with your ability to discerm legal status by lookng...

He didn't say anything about their legal status. He only said they looked hispanic. Specifying Mexican as opposed to other nationalities is a bit further out on a limb, but after all, he IS in Arizona.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 03:24:14 PM »
dang azredhawk you gotta offer your services up to the ice  what with your ability to discerm legal status by lookng you'd be a real asset   and if ice isn't hiring there are a couple other 3 letter groups where you might find friends

Um. I know of only one demographic that constantly bails and flees on foot when they get into an accident.

ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Makes it rough on the other guy's insurance, too.

Len Budney

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 03:43:14 PM »
Um. I know of only one demographic that constantly bails and flees on foot when they get into an accident.

Perhaps you live smack on the border. Where I come from, lots of folks might flee the scene of an accident. Namely, anyone who doesn't want a run-in with cops.

In this case, illegal aliens is a reasonable guess, but they could be drug-runners or just folks with too many unpaid parking tickets.

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 03:49:34 PM »
http://www.reason.com/blog/show/121516.html

Crimebusters Tip: Get Natives to Leave in Favor of Immigrants

Brian Doherty | July 20, 2007, 11:38am

Economist Bryan Caplan apologizes for falling into one of the very economic biases he says the general public falls for in his fascinating new book, The Myth of the Rational Voter: Why Democracies Choose Bad Policies: The anti-foreign bias.

He had assumed, as do many Americans in this great land of immigrants, that immigrants represented a specially severe crime risk. A July 2007 working paper from the National Bureau of Economic Research set him straight. Here's how he explains it on his blog:

[D]espite their demographics, immigrants are drastically less criminal than native-born Americans. In fact, immigrants have one-fifth the incarceration rate of natives. Yes, natives are incarcerated at five times the rate of the foreign-born:

Using the 1980, 1990, and 2000 Censuses, we show that 18-40 year-old male immigrants have lower institutionalization rates than the native born in each year. The gap in these institutionalization rates widens over the decades, and by 2000 immigrants have institutionalization rates that are one-fifth of the native born.
Is this base statistical trickery? Not likely; these are raw numbers that anyone can double-check against the census. Could these results simply reflect the practice of deporting criminal aliens? Nope; our actual practice is to make immigrants serve their full sentence before expelling them.
But how can we reconcile the facts with the demographics? [Study authors Kristin F.] Butcher and [Anne Morrison] Piehl show that given their demographics, we should expect immigrants to commit crimes at double the native rate. But for some reason(s), demographics yield a massive overprediction; immigrants commit crimes at one-tenth the expected rate given their demographics. Yes, if immigrants acted like otherwise similar natives, they were be ten times as criminal as they actually are.

Full text of an earlier version of the paper

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 03:56:22 PM »
There's a  BIG difference between "Immigrants" and "Illegal Immigrants". I doubt that there are very many folks opposed to the immigrants that come here LEGALLY. Save the Liberal rhetoric for the other Libtards because I ain't buying it. Roughly 30% of our prison population are illegal immigrants that have been caught.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »
30 % numbers is an interesting stat.  couple ways to look at  it.  there is the sturmfront aproved way that you repeat so well.  then there are folks who look at those numbers and see that when you remove those folks jailed solely for offenses that relate to their immigration status the amigoes are actually under represented. haoles on the other hand have a high statistical presence   espescially in certain career choices   short eyes for example

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2007, 05:23:17 PM »
then there are folks who look at those numbers and see that when you remove those folks jailed solely for offenses that relate to their immigration status
So, we shouldn't jail people for breaking the law (entering the country illegally?)
haoles on the other hand have a high statistical presence   espescially in certain career choices   short eyes for example
What the hell does that mean?Huh?Huh???
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 05:26:07 PM »
haoles is hawaiian for honky  short eyes is what we call child molesters   who are statistically over represented by white guys

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 05:35:21 PM »
This doesn't seem to be going anywhere productive at all.

Lots of reading into things...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.