Author Topic: NFL: Patriots or Colts?  (Read 948 times)

Matt King

NFL: Patriots or Colts?
« on: October 30, 2007, 04:41:41 PM »
Who do you think will win this weekend?

cosine

• Administrator
Re: NFL: Patriots or Colts?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 05:08:27 PM »
Don't know, all I have to say is it ain't a bad year to be a Packer fan.  grin
Andy

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »
I'm going to with the Patriots because I grew up in Maine. I don't follow Football, though, and I am not a  fan of Taxachusetts either. They are named the NEW ENGLAND Patriots, so I have to back them.
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
Colts!

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 06:41:40 PM »
After the Washington game, definitely the Colts.  Bill Belichick is a low class piece of scheisse.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 04:22:50 AM »
Indy.

it ain't a bad year to be a Packer fan

Or a Lions fan!
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 04:51:49 AM »
After the Washington game, definitely the Colts.  Bill Belichick is a low class piece of scheisse

Why is it the responsibility of the winning team to baby the other team if they cannot compete? 

If the other team is taking a real beating why don't they just condede the game?  At that point the score won't get any worse.

At the later portion of the game Belichick took out the starters and let the 2nd stringers get some practice, what's wrong with that?

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 05:40:41 AM »
Who do you think will win - Patriots or Colts?

Rugers.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 06:28:18 AM »
After the Washington game, definitely the Colts.  Bill Belichick is a low class piece of scheisse

Why is it the responsibility of the winning team to baby the other team if they cannot compete? 

If the other team is taking a real beating why don't they just condede the game?  At that point the score won't get any worse.

At the later portion of the game Belichick took out the starters and let the 2nd stringers get some practice, what's wrong with that?

It's not the winning team's responsibility to baby anybody.  However, if the winning team is up by a substantial margin, as the Patriots were, then the classy thing to do is to run the ball and punt on 4th down.  The Patriot's were throwing 40 yd passes and going for it on 4th down.  They call that running up the score and it's usually frowned upon.  Embarrassing the other team is not exactly sportsmanlike.  As I said, Bill Belichick is a low class piece of *expletive deleted*it.  If you don't have a problem with that then you are as bad as Belichick.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Glock Glockler

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 07:47:46 AM »
It's not the winning team's responsibility to baby anybody

However, if the winning team is up by a substantial margin, as the Patriots were, then the classy thing to do is to run the ball and punt on 4th down 

Do, you see even the slightest contradiction between these two statements?  You don't think the Pats should baby anyone yet you think they should alter their plays while winning to make it easier for the other team. 

The Patriot's were throwing 40 yd passes and going for it on 4th down

So you're saying that if they botched those attempts they'd be giving Washington really good field position?

Embarrassing the other team is not exactly sportsmanlike

If Washington felt embarassed they should have conceded the game, obviously they didn't feel that way and continued to play.  Belichick treated them like a professional football team, nothing more, nothing less.

As I said, Bill Belichick is a low class piece of *expletive deleted*it.  If you don't have a problem with that then you are as bad as Belichick

Wow, not only is this mature but it's full of logic: 'He's a POS and anyone that disagrees with me is as well.'