Author Topic: yes!!  (Read 1594 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

yes!!
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:35:55 PM »
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/30/AR2007103002058.html?nav=hcmodulemmv
COURTS
Judge Who Lost Pant Suit Loses Job

By Keith L. Alexander
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, October 31, 2007; Page B04

Roy L. Pearson Jr., the administrative law judge who lost his $54 million lawsuit against a Northeast Washington dry cleaner, lost his job yesterday and was ordered to vacate his office, sources said.

Pearson, 57, who had served as a judge for two years, was up for a 10-year term at the Office of Administrative Hearings, but a judicial committee last week voted against reappointing him.

Roy L. Pearson Jr. lost a $54 million lawsuit against a dry cleaner. (Jacquelyn Martin - AP)

TOOLBOX
 Resize Text
 Save/Share + DiggNewsvinedel.icio.usStumble It!RedditFacebook Print This  E-mail This
COMMENT
washingtonpost.com readers have posted 2 comments about this item.
View All Comments ?

POST A COMMENT
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Log in | Register

Discussion PolicyDiscussion Policy CLOSEComments that include profanity or personal attacks or other inappropriate comments or material will be removed from the site. Additionally, entries that are unsigned or contain "signatures" by someone other than the actual author will be removed. Finally, we will take steps to block users who violate any of our posting standards, terms of use or privacy policies or any other policies governing this site. Please review the full rules governing commentaries and discussions. You are fully responsible for the content that you post.

Who's Blogging?
? Links to this article 
The panel had a seven-page letter hand-delivered to Pearson about 3:30 p.m., directing him to leave his office by 5 p.m. Pearson's term ended in May, at the height of his battle with the dry cleaners. Since then, he has remained on the payroll, making $100,000 a year as an attorney adviser.

A source familiar with the committee's meetings said Pearson's lawsuit played little role in the decision not to reappoint him.

Instead, the committee said it had reviewed Pearson's judicial decisions and audiotapes of proceedings over which he had presided and found he did not demonstrate "appropriate judgment and judicial temperament," according a source who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the case.

Sources said Pearson also was criticized for displaying a "combative" nature with supervisors and colleagues and for failing to comply with policies in drafting opinions.

Working Man

Re: yes!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 02:24:38 AM »
This whole thing had made me sick.

Were there any penalties for such a blatant abuse of the legal system?
Something under frivolous lawsuit and such?

I'm glad he got tossed. He does not need to be in a position that allows
him to make decisions that affect other people.

....he did not demonstrate "appropriate judgment and judicial temperament,"

Seems that was the case on and off the bench.
Compromise and exception lead to failure. --RP

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box.
-Italian Proverb

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:01:27 AM »
Who here lives in Washington, DC?

We know where the guy's address is, right?

Now, what day is it?

Yup.

Make maps. Kinko's is cheap, and it'll be worth it.

Hand them out to juvenile delinquents who look like they want to do TRICK or treat stuff... Free toilet paper and spray paint might help. Large paper bags of dogshit could also come in handy.

Blog under construction

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:08:34 AM »
If someone wants to do a prank on that guy, he desperately deserves to be pantsed.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 08:32:32 AM »
Which reminds me... All of us are doubtless going to have to do something gnarsty in the future. Something on the order of cleaning a barn, something like that.

If you fall down in the crap, don't wash the pants. Remove them, put them in a nice box, and mail them to the SOB...

Blog under construction

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »
I've got better things to do with my time.

Chris

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 09:38:40 AM »
Hey, making the guy's life a Living Hell is an admirable hobby...

Think of it this way - if he opens enough 'roadkill pants' packages, he'll never be able to order ANYTHING mailorder again...

"Dear Judge. I think I found your pants."

Blog under construction

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 06:22:00 PM »
Was he ever actually required to pay the legal fees of the defendant? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 03:12:39 AM »
He uses the legal system for an immoral purpose gets caught and loses the privilege of whatever it is he is supposed to be doing.

Meanwhile his victims are still out of business and the money necessary to defend themselves.  Whatcha wanna bet more legal activity is in the wind?
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 03:39:50 AM »
folks kicked in to pay their lawyers but they closed the store

Chris

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 04:34:52 AM »
Too many judges, like this mental giant, get the sense that the power they wield makes them special.  Only thing special about a judge (or magistrate) is that he or she was lucky enough to get voted into or appointed to the job.  I know I'm thankful.  But then again, outside of the courtroom, I'm still Chris to everyone.  No one I know is to call me "your honor" seriously outside the courtroom.

Frankly, the Disciplinary Counsel of the state Bar should be looking at this guy.  Some kind of punitive measure is warranted.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 05:36:12 AM »
Ignore me, I'm an idiot.

Chris

mike101

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 06:44:17 AM »
Hey guys. Wasn't this thread originally about that idiot judge who tried to sue a dry-cleaner for 54 million over pants?
"It ain't over til it's over."  Yogi Berra

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 06:50:55 AM »
Doh!  I merged the wrong threads.  Question is, can I now restore them.  Stand by for a trainwreck...

Chris