Author Topic: My wife the Viking  (Read 7240 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: My wife the Viking
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2007, 05:11:58 PM »
I see RileyMc is going as a narrow minded tight @ss grin grin
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2007, 05:35:52 PM »
A broke college student.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Strings

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2007, 05:39:54 PM »
Wow... even in a thread about something fun and happy (Halloween costumes), Riley can post a negative comment. And here i thought he'd let us down!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 06:39:18 PM »
Wow... even in a thread about something fun and happy (Halloween costumes), Riley can post a negative comment.

So the two of us have that in common.   grin   We didn't get to participate in much Satanism, tonight, as our Wed. night church meeting interrupted the Satan worship.  Or the trick or treat thing, whatever you want to call it.  That means more demon-chocolate for us. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2007, 07:03:33 PM »
I was dressed as a nurse who looked concerned and cared when people told me their pain was 10 out of 10 while I was doing triage. Of course it was tough to get that out of them as they ate their doritos and were talking on their cell phones with that unrelenting pain.

Tomorrow I can go back to being an AH.

bob

Strings

« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »
Now fistful... if you don't start meeting your obligations, you're gonna loose your "Pooh-Bah" status in the Beelzebub for President group. i mean, lettin' lil' things like some church meetin' get in the way... sheesh! Tongue

I have to ask you something, Riley. In all seriousness: are you Jack Chick, or one of his followers? Just curious...

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2007, 08:29:24 PM »
Wow... even in a thread about something fun and happy (Halloween costumes), Riley can post a negative comment.

So the two of us have that in common.   grin   We didn't get to participate in much Satanism, tonight, as our Wed. night church meeting interrupted the Satan worship.  Or the trick or treat thing, whatever you want to call it.  That means more demon-chocolate for us. 

So your ass is in church on Nov 1st for All Saints Day?  Wait Catholic Holy Day of Obligation and yes they are the wrong kind of Christianity in most Christian Baptist or Evangelical beliefs. Sorry had to jab where I could, also I apologize for the Pope saying Catholism is the only form of Christianity that is the true religion.

I guess God hates little kids in Halloween costumes.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Strings

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2007, 08:32:52 PM »
heh...

there's a goth musician calling himself Voltaire, with a song titled "God Hates". It's a list of all the different things men have claimed that God hates. Which, if you compile the list, is pretty much everything (with the possible exception of mutant iguanas, but I'd include them just to be on the safe side)...

If you like sarcastic wit, you might want to give him a listen. He's made his living out of writing and preforming goth music that makes fun of goths...

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2007, 08:35:53 PM »
I don't participate in satanic rituals.

By that logic you don't celebrate Christmas either.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2007, 08:41:37 PM »

Yep most Christian Holidays are based around old pagan times of Ritutuals, easier for the locals of the times to accept.

Christmas tree is about as non Christian as one can get.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »
Indeed.  I rather think that one must assign a significance to the holiday, what it personally means to them, if anything.

I ate a Kit Kat.  And watched one classic Scooby Doo rerun.  That's pretty much the whole meaning of Halloween to me at this point in my life.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2007, 09:29:22 PM »
In keeping with all the sarcastic people on APS, I dressed up as a soldier last night.  And today too.  Freaking Iraq...

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2007, 02:13:48 AM »
Charby, did you misunderstand me?  I was being sarcastic.  We actually did give candy to trick-or-treater's last night.  And we didn't even hand out religious tracts, either.   smiley  Then we went to church for our regular Wed. evening service, so we didn't "treat" that many kids. 

And my wife actually did wear some plastic Viking accouterments while at the pre-school yesterday. 

Sorry, Strings.  I guess I have been a disappointment to The Evil One and his followers.  By which I mean Jack Chick, of course.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2007, 03:08:27 AM »

My wife and I took our daughter to the mall to worship Satan, I mean troll for candy.  Afterwards, we went to dinner, then home.

I guess Satan wants us to spend time together as a family. 

Chris

HankB

• friend
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2007, 03:41:22 AM »
Now, where's that chick in the "Elvira" costume?Huh???
Be careful that it's not a guy . . .  shocked
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2007, 04:01:36 AM »

I sure as heck did last night.   Various evil, demonic rituals.  Plus a GWAR concert.  Then "Dracula's Ball".  More attractive women wearing insanely beautiful outfits than anywhere west of Prague.  Got into a so-so fight. (Only 4 to 1 odds, nothing impressive or exerting)  Add in various debauchery, sins of the flesh, intaking of spirits (the alcoholic kind), etc.   

Hey, Halloween is one of the most important religious experiences for us pagans.  Gotta do it proper.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

mike

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2007, 04:24:23 AM »
WHERE ARE ALL OF THE PICTURES?Huh?? rolleyes grin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2007, 04:47:44 AM »
Charby, did you misunderstand me?  I was being sarcastic.  We actually did give candy to trick-or-treater's last night.  And we didn't even hand out religious tracts, either.   smiley  Then we went to church for our regular Wed. evening service, so we didn't "treat" that many kids. 

I was being silly also.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Strings

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2007, 05:54:35 AM »
Sorry Mike. If we show pictures of what we do on Halloween, we'd have to kill you.

Of course, if you'd like to subscribe to the web feed... Wink

Paddy

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2007, 06:22:33 AM »

Christmas celebrates the birth of CHRIST.  Halloween celebrates death and demons.  See the diff?

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2007, 06:47:17 AM »
Christmas celebrates the birth of CHRIST.  Halloween celebrates death and demons.  See the diff?

The other name for Halloween is "All Saints Day". But sure, "death and daemons" Smiley

Also, Christmas was originally a pagan thing corresponding to the winter solstice, a point of "rebirth" beyond which the day starts getting longer again. The Christians took it over.

You might be surprised to learn that Sunday is the day of church for Christians because Emperor Constantine wanted to convert his soldiers to Christianity. The soldiers traditionally worshiped the Sun on Sundays, so Constantine absorbed a pagan worship to strengthen the Christian worship.

The above scenario was replayed with the days of celebrating many saints coinciding with pagan rituals at specific dates of agricultural significance.

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2007, 07:36:53 AM »

The other name for Halloween is "All Saints Day". But sure, "death and daemons" Smiley

Close. Today is "All Saints Day." Yesterday was Halloween. Diminutive of "All Hallows Eve." The saints were hallowed people. And yesterday was the day (the 'eve,' to use an archaic term) before their feastday.

Andy

Paddy

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2007, 07:37:19 AM »
The other name for Halloween is "All Saints Day".

Wrong. "All Saints Day" is the day following Halloween -"All Hallow's Eve"

Also, thanks for the history of Christmas, however, in modern times, Christmas is a Christian holiday.  That's why the statists and atheists want to ban it and its symbols.

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »
The other name for Halloween is "All Saints Day".

Wrong. "All Saints Day" is the day following Halloween -"All Hallow's Eve"

Also, thanks for the history of Christmas, however, in modern times, Christmas is a Christian holiday.  That's why the statists and atheists want to ban it and its symbols.

That's why I was saying you have to decide for yourself what a holiday means to you.  Halloween doesn't mean anything to me personally, I think it's just a cheap commercial holiday that has lost its cultural relevance.  But for say a practicing pagan, it means much more.  I don't see what it has to do with Satan in any event.

Christmas may be celebrated by you and I and others in the spirit of celebration of the birth of Christ (I also add family togetherness, thanksgiving, and a bit of sentimental muck to the mix myself), but all of its trappings and its original function was very much non Christian.  Where in the Bible does it say "Thou shalt have a Christmas tree?"

But I do agree with you there is a war on Christmas, in favor of viewing it strictly as a generic holiday.  The religious significance of the holiday is the part they would rather stamp out if they could help it.  I'm going to get a Sharpie marker and walk around the store, scratching out the word "Holiday" on signage and replacing it with "Christmas" when no one is looking myself, but don't tell anyone.  I don't want to overdo it or they'll investigate.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2007, 09:28:12 AM »
If Riley ever posts something positive and light-hearted, I'll drop dead from a sheer heart attack. His negativity lately has been unprecedented, and I haven't even been around to see most of it.

BTW, we Lutherans don't consider 31 October to be a satanic date at all - far from it.

Google "95 Theses"

Myself, I was at work, distributing Halloween-colored donuts to my employees. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"