Author Topic: Penn and Teller BS: GUN CONTROL tonight!  (Read 2132 times)

Penn and Teller BS: GUN CONTROL tonight!
« on: June 27, 2005, 12:13:01 PM »
It's Christmas!!

I expect someone to record and get a torrent going for those of us who don't have Showtime. (although when the dvd set comes out I'm going to buy ten)

crownvic

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2005, 05:27:05 AM »
I saw this episode the other night. Seeing something not Antigun on TV was nice.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 06:17:02 AM »
For those of us who don't have Showtime (but I do buy the DVD box sets as they come out ...)

http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=336715
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2005, 06:55:19 AM »
I expect someone to record and get a torrent going for those of us who don't have Showtime
Because just plain stealing alone isn't good enough for you, you have to make use of people's backdoored computer systems which are set up as xdcc file transfer bots.
from http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/viewtopic.php?id=831

Now I'm not trying to stir anything up here Blackburn.. (I enjoy many of your posts and respect your views... and believe it or not partially agree with that previous statement)  
But just what difference do you see between stealing from Showtime verses the downloads available on IRC?

Keep in mind I don't have showtime and have someone to thank for being able to view that great episode of BS.
And will certainly buy season 3 when it comes out.  (I own about 80% of all the movies I've ever downloaded.  450+dvds and counting)

I'm not trying to hijack the thread.. just thought I would bring up that point.. since it seemed a vast contrast from your afore mentioned views.

TO get back on thread topic.. everyone here should see this episode.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2005, 07:59:46 AM »
Ahh ok I getcha

While I do agree there are many XDCC bots out there that use unsuspecting machines to hold files.
Keep in mind they are pretty much ALL on college campus'  since everyday users have too slow of connections.

That being said that doesn't mean ALL XDCCs are fraudulent.  
I guess I've been on IRC so long that I have a solid collection of individuals and specific servers that are run by guys I know.  Many of them fellow gun nuts Smiley  and XDCC was simply a convenience shift from Fserves or FTPs  

the Dalnets of the IRC world ARE like the inner city and sewers.  I rarely hit up those networks because its full of garbage.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

caseydog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 05:09:39 PM »
Well I have 5 channels of Showtime and I didn't see it on the schedule tonite , it is on Showtime on demand , but that service is down right now at Adelphia. Running time is 29min and I have the ability to snatch some video from cable , but I don't use a torrent program or have any hosting. Heck maybe someone else has it up already.

Ray
Be kind as you speak to others , they may be facing demons you are unaware of...

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 08:56:35 PM »
If anyone wants it and has an FTP of their own PM me with the info and I'll send it.  (I'm going on a mini vacation to Niagra falls the 4th, so it won't be until after Wed the 6th)
It's about 233MB in .avi format