Author Topic: The continued downfall of America  (Read 2474 times)

Polishrifleman

• friend
The continued downfall of America
« on: November 07, 2007, 08:04:48 AM »
We have written about it before, and it still astonishes me every time I see such ridiculous stuff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21661718/?GT1=10547

A 13yr old hugs a couple friends goodbye for the weekend and whammo detention.  I want to know who turned her in.  Was it some administrator trying to make a point?  I think I would have gone over to the good group of friends and said, thats great and all but it is against the rules and I don't want to see it happening again.  Unfortunately the teachers and administrators are put in a position to read black and white.

I can't wait until they have to kick everyone off the sports teams for hugging, consoleing, etc... after a great win or tough loss.  Aren't those displays of affection?  They sure as heck will be on School grounds.

Notice how they also included a link to the article about banning playground Tag at school too!

griz

• friend
Re: The continued downfall of America
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 09:11:38 AM »
Wow.  Hugging a friend is a display of affection?  I suppose we will eventually forbid students from touching each other at all.  Might as well ban smiling too.  Could be construed as a leer.

Maybe the ultimate goal is much like the traffic laws.  Once it is impossible to obey every law, the students are at the mercy of the administrators. 
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Len Budney

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:14:57 AM »
Wow.  Hugging a friend is a display of affection?

I think it's the queers' fault. Now, girls hugging each other isn't just an expression of their gregarious natures; it's lesbian foreplay. Of course that kind of thing shouldn't be allowed in schools...

--Len.
In a cannibal society, vegetarians arouse suspicion.

Euclidean

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 09:19:05 AM »
Many campuses have had to go to a "No Touching" rule, or a "Hands Off" policy that nobody can touch anybody.  The reasons why are widely varied:

- Protecting (male) faculty from accusations.
- Stopping elaborate handshakes which could be gang signs.
- Preventing rough housing.
- PDA

It's really mostly the last two.  Rough housing quickly leads to fights and possibly destruction of school property.  The PDA can get real bad real quick.  I know one school had a problem where parents threatened legal action if their homosexual students were not allowed to hold hands and the like and the school's best legal recourse was to simply ban all touching of any sort.

The problem is that teachers and administrators are not respected.  They aren't given the benefit of the doubt that they can use their judgement and say that the boys on the football team slapping each other around during practice is okay but two students playing tonsil hockey in the middle of the cafeteria is not.  That's where these ridiculous zero tolerance rules come from, which gives rise to the savage hypocrisy you allude to since in reality zero tolerance is unenforceable.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 09:19:41 AM »
Wow.  Hugging a friend is a display of affection?  I suppose we will eventually forbid students from touching each other at all.  Might as well ban smiling too.  Could be construed as a leer.

Maybe the ultimate goal is much like the traffic laws.  Once it is impossible to obey every law, the students are at the mercy of the administrators. 

[leftism]
Smiling, of course, is an expression of superiority, and is unfair to people who might not be as happy as you are.
[/leftism]

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »
Wow.  Hugging a friend is a display of affection?  I suppose we will eventually forbid students from touching each other at all.
Mellow greetings, Lenina Huxley!

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 09:40:18 AM »
Wow.  Hugging a friend is a display of affection?  I suppose we will eventually forbid students from touching each other at all.
Mellow greetings, Lenina Huxley!

-BP

That movie becomes less farfetched comedy and more prescient with every passing day.

It was like they were supposed to do just an action film, but the writers snuck in a devastatingly accurate black-humor social satire.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 09:45:03 AM »
No Exchanging Bodily Fluids!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 09:46:43 AM »
That move becomes less farfetched comedy and more prescient with every passing day.
It was like they were supposed to do just an action film, but the writers snuck in a devastatingly accurate black-humor social satire.

I thought that's what it was.  The action and acting was just an afterthought.

Chris

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 10:00:43 AM »
That move becomes less farfetched comedy and more prescient with every passing day.

I thought that's what it was.  The action and acting was just an afterthought.

Chris

Probably the other way around. Knowing the "let's do lunch" airheads in Hollywood, something pitched as a social satire would have gotten the circular file. Pitched as a Stallone action movie, it got picked up, and then was written as as the wonderful biting satire it was. The executives probably didn't even pick up on that bit.

These are the same sorts of people who made notations on the original Star Wars script of "Why is this bear thing flying the plane? I don't understand this." ....so... Smiley

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 04:38:24 PM »
When I played high school basketball back in the dim, dark ages (before EVERY player on EVERY team could slam dunk on every play), it was commonplace for the coach or assistant coach to end time outs by giving one or more players an encouraging pat on the tailfeathers as he/they went back into the game.

I suppose if that were to happen today the coach(es) would be fired and charged as sexual predators.

After all ... it's for the children.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 06:30:53 PM »
Does that mean football is still allowed?  The players are touching each other, but it isn't affectionate.  Or is it?  shocked
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 07:18:45 PM »
Affectionate? I dunno... I do know that if I was pretty sure nobody was watching, and I was down toward the bottom of your basic dogpile, if I had the opportunity to cup-check an opponent, by golly, it was whammo time...

Always wore mine...

Bad Touching! Bad Touching! AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!

Blog under construction

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 05:43:24 AM »

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 05:46:04 AM »
Affectionate? I dunno... I do know that if I was pretty sure nobody was watching, and I was down toward the bottom of your basic dogpile, if I had the opportunity to cup-check an opponent, by golly, it was whammo time...

Always wore mine...

Bad Touching! Bad Touching! AAAAIIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!!!

Heard that referred to as a "Bangkok"...  grin

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 11:59:15 AM »
Wow.  Hugging a friend is a display of affection?

I think it's the queers' fault. Now, girls hugging each other isn't just an expression of their gregarious natures; it's lesbian foreplay. Of course that kind of thing shouldn't be allowed in schools...

--Len.

I don't think it is the "Queers" as you put it.  I think it is the Religious Right and the Christians who try so hard to suppress any sort of expression.  Especially if there is a sexual connotation to it.

I would suggest that you don't use the word Queers as it is offensive to some.  Its like saying the Niggers, Spics, Kikes, or something along those lines to some people. 

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 12:00:11 PM »
When I played high school basketball back in the dim, dark ages (before EVERY player on EVERY team could slam dunk on every play), it was commonplace for the coach or assistant coach to end time outs by giving one or more players an encouraging pat on the tailfeathers as he/they went back into the game.

I suppose if that were to happen today the coach(es) would be fired and charged as sexual predators.

After all ... it's for the children.
No... he'd just be arrested and imprisoned. 

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
School admins are freakin' hypocrites.

If they weren't they'd suspend every football player who ever slapped one of his team mates on the ass as he ran on to the field, made a successful play, tackle or any of a myriad number of reasons football players slap each other on the ass.

But then if admins did that there's towns where they wouldn't be long for this world when the entire football team or the big star got suspended and couldn't play in the Friday night game.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

doczinn

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 07:46:44 PM »
Here's how I explained it to my wife the other day:

First, you must have lazy, stupid, cowardly people in charge. Then, you must have some number of the people in their charge doing something they should not be doing. Then, there must be another action that is not wrong but bears some passing resemblance or is a precursor to the act that is wrong. Then the people in charge, who are too stupid to notice the difference, too lazy to make the distinction, and/or  too cowardly to take responsibility, will ban both. Then a man grabs a girl by the arm to lecture her for running in front of his car and become a registered sex offender, because grabbing a girl by the arm is the same as rape. And a boy is suspended for a drawing of a gun, because, after all, it's the same as a gun. And a girl is sent to detention for hugging a friend, because it's the same as having sex in public.
D. R. ZINN

LAK

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 01:48:26 AM »
Classic 1984. George Orwell was either an insider to this agenda or a very perceptive man.

-----------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 03:05:32 AM »
What's next.  Bellybucking?  People of marginal mental ability have too much access to authority, legal advice, legal assistance, time to be good for any normal and rational human being.  This kind of nonsense will cease suddenly only when the taxpayer wants it stopped. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon