Author Topic: Not to brag, but....  (Read 3101 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Not to brag, but....
« on: July 10, 2005, 12:20:55 PM »
Over the next 72 hours I will be (in this order):

Cycling
Fishing
Riding Jet Skis
Tubin behind a ski boat
Drinking beer
Eating a BBQ'd pig
Throwin' horseshoes
Camping
Flyfishing
Cycling in a race

cool
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Not to brag, but....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 12:24:20 PM »
Right now, I'm painting and sweating and swearing, so you win. Smiley

Schuey2002

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 02:00:12 PM »
I'm just taking a break from installing my new Rainbows in my Yota, no BBQ pork to be found, though. So, you win on that count. Tongue

TarpleyG

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 03:56:26 PM »
Cool.  All but the cycling part we did every summer at a friend's lake cabin in east Texas.

Greg

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 04:30:18 PM »
Well, I'll be doing the fishing, camping and pig eating stuff.  Gave up the cycling last time I fell off the bike Wink
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Dannyboy

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 04:24:59 AM »
In the past 48 hours I
went cycling twice
spent a few hours on the beach twice
ate BBQ'd cow (much better than pig, if you ask me)
had the opportunity to go fishing on a 40ft cruiser but I don't do well on the water when I'm drunk, so no fishing for me
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 07:58:38 AM »
Where's all the sitting in the office and talking on phone?  It just can't be life without that!
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

crt360

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 12:01:12 PM »
Sitting in the office and talking on the phone here.  After I get too much pleasure from this, I'll spoil myself by pushing a mower around the yard in the pleasant 100+ degree air, continuing where I left off last night when it became too dark to see.  If I finish early enough I'll come back to my office and work on a couple of files.
For entertainment purposes only.

El Tejon

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 03:53:44 AM »
What's wrong, crt.?  No neighborhood kids to do that?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

crt360

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 11:50:12 AM »
Yes, Tejon, there are some right down the street that probably would do it.  

I come from a family that apparently believes that prolonged, grueling, outdoor labor is the proper thing to do when not working.  I imagine there are some psychological bonus points for additional heat and humidity - abundant during the Texas Summer (actually most of Spring and Fall, too).  Working out and playing sports is a waste of good time and energy that could be used to mow, chop, dig, saw, and haul.  Efficiency doesn't seem to be a priority.  I'm convinced that certain senior members of my family actually believe in always doing things the hard way, even if it's wrong.  

While I believe in good, honest, hard work, I don't think it's always the best, most efficient or profitable way to get things done.  I also don't have anything against working out or playing sports - I've done plenty of it in my lifetime.  Come to think about it, I hate wasting good time for the sake of hard work.

My grandma pushed a mower around her yard until she was nearly 90.  Damn, I'm going to have to call those kids.

El Tejon

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2005, 03:45:35 AM »
Bah, yard work was the FIRST thing I gave up when I turned in my badge and my sand-colored check.  Give the neighborhood kids $30 and come with me to yoga and then we go look at girls while on the treadmill (I'll teach you how to use the mirrors so we don't get caught leering).  Funny, I'll work out all day with a smile on my face, but whine and cry for the 45 minutes it takes to mow my lawn.

Hey!  I didn't know our families are related!  Sounds like my father, sitting on his mountain of silver and gold like some retired dragon; he stubbornly refuses to hire a lawn service and re-roofed a small one car garage at 66 in the middle of August, aka Midwestern steambath.

Greg Levy

Not to brag, but....
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »
Sniff...for the next 72 hours, I have to stay cooped up with my 3 year old daughter who has the chicken pox.

greg

crt360

• friend
Not to brag, but....
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2005, 07:18:54 PM »
Quote from: El Tejon
Give the neighborhood kids $30 and come with me to yoga and then we go look at girls while on the treadmill (I'll teach you how to use the mirrors so we don't get caught leering).
Sounds good, except for the yoga thing - I'm not as flexible as I once was and the girls I've known who were into yoga were like Gumby - it looks like torture.

Quote from: El Tejon
Hey!  I didn't know our families are related!  Sounds like my father, sitting on his mountain of silver and gold like some retired dragon; he stubbornly refuses to hire a lawn service and re-roofed a small one car garage at 66 in the middle of August, aka Midwestern steambath.
No kidding.  My dad, at roughly the same age, re-roofed (split cedar shingles) their house during the Summer, spending most of his Saturdays, Sundays and many weekday hours after work on the job.  They haven't hired anyone to mow their yard in a long time.