Author Topic: Miami: Police taser 6 year old  (Read 4520 times)

Joe Demko

• friend
  • Marko Kloos was right about you.
Re: Miami: Police taser 6 year old
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2007, 09:52:11 AM »
If you don't care why are you trying to justify your shitty attitude towards a kid you don't know?  One would think you'd just pass the story over.  I've worked in residential treatment and trying to restrain a kid without injuring him is hard enough when he doesn't have a weapon.  Of course, I'm not kewl enough to let a little kid kill himself and say something witty about the gene pool being self-cleansing.  You make me want to puke.
That's right... I'm a Jackbooted Thug AND a Juvenile Indoctrination Technician.  Deal with it.

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2007, 10:02:25 AM »
Maybe so Joe...

member1313

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2007, 10:19:20 AM »
I think it's stupid how the headline references the officers and their behavior.

They potentially saved a young boy from ending his life. The important thing is that the police protected a young boy's life. The tazer is irrelevant.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 11:46:18 AM »
Looks like the best option at hand.

When two Miami-Dade officers arrived the scene the boy had already cut himself under his eye and cut a large gash in his hand.

The officers tried to reason with the boy, but when he started cutting his own leg, they shocked him with a Taser. They then grabbed him to prevent him from hurting himself when he hit the floor and called an ambulance.

It wasn't a case of, "He might cut himself," it was a case of, "Holy crap, he has already cut himself and is doing it again!"
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 11:56:22 AM »
Maybe so Joe...

You don't know the kid and you don't know what his demons are.  Can he be fixed?  You don't know that.  You're passing judgement on a 6 year old for crying out loud!  How dare you.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2007, 12:45:38 PM »
You don't know the kid and you don't know what his demons are.  Can he be fixed?  You don't know that.  You're passing judgement on a 6 year old for crying out loud!  How dare you.

Yes, I dared. No, I don't believe he can be fixed. Certainly not by another human. Therefore I do not know the kid, nor am I involved with the kid.

Let's face it. I am an ahole...

The reason I am so harsh about this is I have known kids like this. Grew up with some in fact. One was my best friend. He killed himself when I was nine. There are a few others I know. Two are in jail. Several others are deadbeat losers who are just rotten to the core. They just haven't been caught yet.
Another one was some nutjob girl who was sweet on me. When she was in her teens she decided one day to go into a Runza with a sawed off shotgun and shoot the place up. That was nearly twenty years ago. She's in a mental institution now. I would be just like these people. As a teen I just decided that I wanted nothing to do with that lifestyle and walked away. Got a job, stayed out of trouble.

So I may be an ahole, but there is a logic to my reasoning, however warped it may be. Some of the events in my childhood have given me the ability to simply shut off my emotions, and that is what I did when I posted as I had. However cold or impersonal it sounds I opted for self preservation and the preservation of other innocents in my little post above. I didn't care he was six. Perhaps I am simply a psychopath.

----

Tell you what, I'm going to drop this one. What Joe said struck a nerve. Honestly I would probably rush in and tackle the kid if I were actually there. I don't know. Certainly I have become too callous. What I said was deplorable.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2007, 02:05:30 PM »
Like I said I see self destructive behavior as being self correcting. If such people are left to their own devices they have a tendency to clean up the gene pool themselves.

Sure.  Leave any six year old to his own devices.  They really don't need help, correction or guidance of any kind. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2007, 02:25:01 PM »
So I may be an ahole, but there is a logic to my reasoning, however warped it may be. Some of the events in my childhood have given me the ability to simply shut off my emotions, and that is what I did when I posted as I had. However cold or impersonal it sounds I opted for self preservation and the preservation of other innocents in my little post above. I didn't care he was six. Perhaps I am simply a psychopath.

"warped" logic isn't logic at all.
Just because you know kids you think are like this kid means nothing.  You know nothing about him or his case. 
And to give up on a six year old is beyond callous.  Callous doesn't even describe the mindset you have to think that a six year old, someone who thinks Santa is still real, girls have cooties, money comes from the tooth fairy, fart is a naughty word, or that magic tricks are real, is a person beyond repair.  Even damaged children can be saved at that age, no matter what your small life experiences tell you.

What I said was deplorable.

But you said it anyways.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

cassandra and sara's daddy

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2007, 03:37:02 PM »
i hope you decline breeding or working with kids  for your sake as well as theirs

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2007, 04:38:41 PM »
Time to go bye bye.

Chris