Author Topic: Sometimes beer isn't your friend...  (Read 1120 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Sometimes beer isn't your friend...
« on: November 29, 2007, 07:37:53 AM »
ORANGE PARK, FL -- A man from Orange Park has filed a lawsuit after a can of beer fell on him at a supermarket in Ocala.

Olester Duncan says the incident happened last month when he went to buy a four-pack of Schlitz Malt Liquor from an Albertson's store.

He claims in his lawsuit the four-pack he grabbed was defective and improperly packaged and stored in the cooler.

Duncan also claims the store failed to "provide a proper means of getting the four-pack from the display cooler" to his basket.

According to the lawsuit, the incident caused him "to sustain serious and grievous injuries," pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life and other damages.

His wife is part of the lawsuit. Maria Duncan claims she "has in the past and will in the future suffer the loss of the value of her husband's services, society, companionship and consortium by reason of his injuries."

The companies named in the lawsuit include Albertson's, Cone Distributing, Pabst Brewing, Miller Brewing, Lakefront Brewery, the Stroh Brewery company, and SBC Holdings.

First Coast News talked to Duncan at his home in Orange Park today. He offered no comment.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Sometimes beer isn't your friend...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2007, 07:43:20 AM »
What part did it fall on Huh?  shocked

Maybe he should try wearing shoes or boots instead of flip-flops  rolleyes
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Polishrifleman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 07:52:58 AM »
Sometime's it is: grin

MSNBC.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dublin thief seizes 180 Guinness kegs
Lone robber seizes nearly $100,000-worth of Irelands trademark beer
Reuters
updated 8:51 a.m. PT, Thurs., Nov. 29, 2007
DUBLIN, Ireland - A thief made off with 180 kegs of Guinness beer after smoothly driving into the Dublin brewery, which makes the black stout and snatching a trailer load of drink, police said Thursday.

The incident took place Wednesday at the Guinness brewery on the banks of Dublin's River Liffey where Ireland's trademark tipple has been brewed for almost 250 years.

The lone raider's haul also contained 180 kegs of Budweiser and 90 barrels of Carlsberg lager, police said.

"A man drove into the yard in a truck and took a trailer containing the drink which has an estimated value of 64,000 euros ($94,770)," a police spokesman said.

Copyright 2007 Reuters. Click for restrictions.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22024571/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN Privacy . Legal
? 2007 MSNBC.com

Risasi

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 08:05:43 AM »
What part did it fall on Huh?  shocked

Maybe he should try wearing shoes or boots instead of flip-flops  rolleyes

His wife is part of the lawsuit. Maria Duncan claims she "has in the past and will in the future suffer the loss of the value of her husband's services, society, companionship and consortium by reason of his injuries."

What the heck? Yeah, exactly where did this fall on him?

What a maroon...

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 08:32:30 AM »
While I was USN, we'd often have NAVOSH (Navy OSHA) inspections. One of the things they often hit the command on was having things stored above folks' heads. They were especially critical of HAZMAT that could somehow pour onto someone. (These were at shore based commands). I've often wondered what liability that a store would have should something fall off of a high shelf onto a customer. (I'm 6'4" and, usually, high things aren't a problem for me)
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 08:58:37 AM »
Most stores that I've been in put light objects on the high shelves. 

What kind of greasy, two-bit, shyster lawyer would represent that idiot?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:28:44 AM »
The fact that he was reaching for Schlitz means he was likely already drunk before he went shopping.

I only every drank that mess after my taste buds were pickled by better brews.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 02:05:38 AM »
The companies named in the lawsuit include Albertson's, Cone Distributing, Pabst Brewing, Miller Brewing, Lakefront Brewery, the Stroh Brewery company, and SBC Holdings.

What?....he's not suing the horse that made it, too?....  rolleyes
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.