Author Topic: Hillary Hostage Situation....  (Read 3641 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Hillary Hostage Situation....
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 11:59:13 AM »
A buddy of mine said that it would never happen in a Republican Campaign Office-

Everyone in there is armed, and the chap you look like Swiss Cheese by now.

He doesn't actually believe that, does he?   undecided

Hopefully it's a deranged liberal.
Brought to you by The Redundancy Corporation, Inc.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 12:04:49 PM »
A buddy of mine said that it would never happen in a Republican Campaign Office-

Everyone in there is armed, and the chap you look like Swiss Cheese by now.

He doesn't actually believe that, does he?   undecided

Why not? It's New Hampshire. Most people I know carry concealed.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 12:23:12 PM »
Seymour Skinner:  "I have a bomb."

Chief Wiggum:  "Wait a minute. Those aren't bombs. They're hot dogs. Armour hot dogs."

Superintendent Chalmers: "What kind of man wears Armour hot dogs?"

Fat men, skinny men, men who climb on rocks

Tough men, sissy men, even men with chicken pox........
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »
Amazing the fun a mentally ill person can have with an old clock, some duct tape, and some hobby clay.

You're preaching to the choir, man.

Right now, I just hope the hostages get out unharmed. I don't care about the politics.

Okay, that's twice in like 5 minutes that I've found myself in agreement with Manedwolf.  I think I should be buying lotto tickets or something right now. Cheesy

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 12:41:45 PM »
Um...hm...Dover SWAT, these are.

Is it SOP to stand right to the right of the ejection port of your fellow officer's rifle? Huh?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »
Seymour Skinner:  "I have a bomb."

Chief Wiggum:  "Wait a minute. Those aren't bombs. They're hot dogs. Armour hot dogs."

Superintendent Chalmers: "What kind of man wears Armour hot dogs?"

Fat men, skinny men, men who climb on rocks

Tough men, sissy men, even men with chicken pox........

WaaaHa!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha   cheesy cheesy cheesy

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 01:12:43 PM »
Is it SOP to stand right to the right of the ejection port of your fellow officer's rifle? Huh? 

I think that guy is further back than you think.  But who cares?  It's just brass.   undecided
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vernal45

• friend
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 01:33:51 PM »
They must have got a good deal price on woodland camo BDU's. grin

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
In one of the news stories someone witnessed him buying road flares in a store prior to the event.

So, almost certainly no bomb, just a known nut with road flares.  Which wouldn't have been a problem if the campaign staffers could recognize a road flare on sight.

"I have a bomb, I'll kill us all!"

"Ummm, nope, you've got a bunch of road flares and you'll suffer some painful burns.  Hit the bricks Bugsy."
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 10:46:14 PM »
Um...hm...Dover SWAT, these are.
Hmmm, one of those guys taught my carbine course at SigArms.

In case you haven't heard, it ended peacefully.  Drat.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 04:21:59 AM »
I've shot with two of those SWAT guys.  One is a regular at my monthly IDPA matches.
One day at a time.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 04:55:32 AM »
In one of the news stories someone witnessed him buying road flares in a store prior to the event.

So, almost certainly no bomb, just a known nut with road flares.  Which wouldn't have been a problem if the campaign staffers could recognize a road flare on sight.

"Ummm, nope, you've got a bunch of road flares and you'll suffer some painful burns.  Hit the bricks Bugsy."

If they were the cheaper type, they're the same off-red paper as the old movie images of "dynamite", so I can't blame the general citizenry for thinking that's what they might be. Especially if they were obscured by duct tape at the ends and he just flashed them quickly and closed the coat again.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 05:26:43 AM »
I've shot with two of those SWAT guys.  One is a regular at my monthly IDPA matches.
Dp you shoot at Pelham?

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 11:01:15 AM »
I'm just wondering...

When something like this happens in a small city, do they call a time-out so everyone can change clothes? Puhleeze don't tell me that they have all these guys sitting around in camo all day long...

Blog under construction

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »

If they were the cheaper type, they're the same off-red paper as the old movie images of "dynamite", so I can't blame the general citizenry for thinking that's what they might be. Especially if they were obscured by duct tape at the ends and he just flashed them quickly and closed the coat again.

Dynamite is brown or off-whiteish.  Road flares are red and have writing on them.  I'm supercilious and expect people to know the difference, after all, I do.  grin  Where's the "pat self on back for being so cool" smilie?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 11:59:13 AM »
I'm just wondering...

When something like this happens in a small city, do they call a time-out so everyone can change clothes? Puhleeze don't tell me that they have all these guys sitting around in camo all day long...

The SWAT team came from Dover, NH.  They are full-time officers, and part-time SWATies.  They only put on the special clothes for special occassions.

Dover, just south of Rochester, is the larger of the two towns.  Rochester has a population of about 30k.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2007, 10:42:43 AM »
Followup...Now I feel bad that they didn't get a chance to shoot him.

Rundles cited Eisenberg's prior convictions in asking for the bail. The cases cited dated back to a knife possession charge in 1978. Others included an assault with deadly weapon case in 1981 and a rape in Worcester, Mass., in 1985. He escaped from custody after the rape and was recaptured in New Hampshire after committing a second rape. Other convictions on record include some in New Hampshire in recent years.

The defendant was known as Ralph E. Woodward before taking on the Eisenberg name in recent years.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2007, 04:15:19 PM »
Sounds like a Dem. target voter.  grin