Author Topic: December 5 - Annual Day of the Ninja  (Read 1559 times)

Ron

December 5 - Annual Day of the Ninja
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:16:54 AM »
For those who don't wish to talk like a Pirate.

http://dayoftheninja.com/index2.html

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: December 5 - Annual Day of the Ninja
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:26:52 AM »
That's not a very realistic pirate.

Besides, pirates had their own ships, and plenty of rum. Who would be more fun at a party?  grin

The Viking

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:53:01 AM »
That's not a very realistic pirate.

Besides, pirates had their own ships, and plenty of rum. Who would be more fun at a party?  grin
Mmm, rum. Yummy Cheesy.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:48 AM »
Pirates also tended to have lots of wenches.

Ninjas? Quasi-ascetic lives devoted to rigorous training. Not a lot of wenches in the picture.

Of course, pirate wenches tended to have lots of nasty social diseases...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »

Ninjas? Quasi-ascetic lives devoted to rigorous training. Not a lot of wenches in the picture.

There were exceptions. Calico Jack Rackham had two women who were his lovers and who fought as pirates as well, which was pretty much unheard of.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 09:17:24 AM »

But as either, you aren't living long enough to be killed by an STD, and meds can take care of the rest......
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 09:18:36 AM »
Blackbeard once raided a port just to demand a medical kit. Pirates could do that sort of thing.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 09:31:02 AM »
Blackbeard once raided a port just to demand a medical kit. Pirates could do that sort of thing.

That proves it... Hillary is a pirate, intent on stealing our medicine for folks who didn't earn it.   grin
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 09:32:48 AM »

AARGH! We be needin' mercury! AARGH!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 10:07:02 AM »
Bah, ninjas just sneak in and steal the medical kit.  Besides a ninja can go out in the woods and make medicine from the Chinese herbal remedies brought to Japan.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 10:08:27 AM »
Bah, ninjas just sneak in and steal the medical kit.  Besides a ninja can go out in the woods and make medicine from the Chinese herbal remedies brought to Japan.

That must be why the ninjas died out. Lead poisoning.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »
Well, you've gotta avoid the pirate wenches, everyone knows that. Hence the raiding; you need fresh wenches.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 02:30:02 PM »

There were exceptions. Calico Jack Rackham had two women who were his lovers and who fought as pirates as well, which was pretty much unheard of.

Rackham (sp?) was an idiot. He got drunk and, against the urging of the women who were topside with him, told the British who they were. Rackham was hanged. The two women were imprisoned to be hanged pending delivery of their children... one died in childbirth and the other disappeared from the records. That said, Jack and Ann did set a record. However, for numbers of ships taken, Black Bart Roberts has them all beat.

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 04:52:46 PM »

AARGH! We be needin' mercury! AARGH!

I just realized this one... mercury... ya'll ever heard the phrase "mad as a hatter"? That came from mercury's use in the manufacturing of felt hats... hatters often went mad from exposure to mercury. I wonder how many STD carriers went mad from using mercury as a remedy.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 06:22:40 PM »
Yeah....but who would go watch a movie called "NINJAS OF THE CARRIBEAN"?.....  rolleyes
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 05:43:44 AM »
I'm sorry, but I had better things to do.

Tuesday night at 11:30 I started celebrating the repeal opf Prohibition.  After taking a tour of the distilled products of Ireland and Scotland, I worked my way Westward via the Carribean (where I saw no pirates) to the USA where I stopped for samplings from seveeral of the States.  Crossing the northern Paciffic I was greeted by and communed with representatives of several Asian nations - avoiding a repeat of the 1970 encounter with the dreaded "Bannana Rum", a psychedelic corrosive cruciform of the worst kind.  I saw no ninjas, but did encounter some very fine Japanese, and Chinese of wonderful character.

As the day wore on, I boldly crosses the steppes and entered Europe.  Things became a little hazy then, as there was a great controversy to between the quality of distilled and brewed, as well as that whole grape vs. grain notion to be sorted out.  These issues slowed my progress considerably, and the close of the day was approaching while I still had Central and South America, as well as the Southern Pacific to attend to.

Fearing a great mental confusion, as well as possible physical disorientation, which might be caused by moving too quickly, I decided that I would extend the time for celebration and allow myself a full additional 24 hours to complete my journey.  I gladly report that I was able to cross both New Zealand and Australia off my itinerary before dinnertime yesterday.  I returned home via a stopover in Japan to complete my till-then incomplete sampling of brewed grain products.

I awoke at 8 AM to a feeling of complete disorientation and a great cacophony.  I have, based on initial though spotty reoprts, determined that the Japanese are somehow to blame for this state of affairs.

And to add insult to injury, some young clown in an ROTC uniform just wished me a "Happy Pearl Harbor Day".  Had I been able to swivel my head to perform a double-take, I might have raised my voice above the mere whisper I can barely tolerate to fill in the gaps in his understanding of the day.

There, I think I've covered everything.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.