Author Topic: Not Enough Parking for Private Jets Going to UN Climate Conference  (Read 3329 times)

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Re: Not Enough Parking for Private Jets Going to UN Climate Conference
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »
Yeah? Well we've had light rain for 12 hours  laugh

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2007, 06:10:33 PM »
Is that enough to put the fires out or just cause mudslides ??

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2007, 06:31:43 PM »
Fires are out, but it's perfect for mudslides.

Modifiedbrowning

• friend
  • Best Avatar on APS
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2007, 09:04:37 PM »
No. The point is that it's hypocritical for SUV driving rubes who don't give a rat's ass about pollution to use that argument.

As soon as you decide to buy me a new car I will continue to be a SUV driving rube. BTW, my rube ass drives a Nissan Pathfinder made in 1988. If you would like to buy me a Prius or another new car that would be much appreciated.

SUV Police--------> police
Give Peace a Chance,
Kill all Terrorists.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2007, 02:52:19 AM »
I see your logic: if you are rich enough to own a highly expensive polluting device, it is okay, because the masses are too poor to own them so there aren't very many.  And it is okay for the rich to drive around in SUVs, because they have the money to buy carbon credits.

No. The point is that it's hypocritical for SUV driving rubes who don't give a rat's ass about pollution to use that argument.

No, the point is that if those aholes you worship like Gore and the UN really believed what they are preaching, they wouldn't be jetsetting around the world to Bali...they would either use the UN building or they would do one better and teleconference the whole damn thing.  Your gods are hypocrites.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2007, 03:36:09 AM »
I see your logic: if you are rich enough to own a highly expensive polluting device, it is okay, because the masses are too poor to own them so there aren't very many.  And it is okay for the rich to drive around in SUVs, because they have the money to buy carbon credits.

No. The point is that it's hypocritical for SUV driving rubes who don't give a rat's ass about pollution to use that argument. Smug Alert! Smug Alert!

No, the point is that if those aholes you worship like Gore and the UN really believed what they are preaching, they wouldn't be jetsetting around the world to Bali...they would either use the UN building or they would do one better and teleconference the whole damn thing.  Your gods are hypocrites.

Or they would at least fly commercial like all of us SUV driving rubes do when we attend Glowbull Worming conferences.

Sorry dasmi, but here in Chicago we've been on "Weather Panic" aka "Snowmegedon" all this week and I  spent Wednesday morning and this morning shoveling about 8 inches of "Global Warming" off my driveway.   rolleyes

Hehe, Snowmeggedon, I like it. grin
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Paddy

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2007, 06:42:34 AM »

Chill out.  Gore is a raving lunatic IMO.  I couldn't care less about 'global warming'.  It's a natural cycle (else why would the ice ages have ended) that has been occuring for hundreds of millions of years.  The notion that man's activities have any significant effect one way or the other is arrogant hubris (is that redundant?)

I only drive fuel efficient vehicles to save gas money.  I don't understand why that pisses off SUV drivers so much.

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2007, 08:22:48 AM »
Gore has a company selling indulgencies, ah, I mean "carbon offsets". What he preaches directly effects his bottom line. He is anything but crazy. Corrupt, self-righteous, arrogant? Yes. Crazy? No, sir. You have to give it to him - he is a secular evangelist that has started a pseudoscientific cult that makes him tons of money and popularity. He is a freaking (evil) genius.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2007, 08:45:41 AM »
A movie about Gore's life would be a cheap over the counter sleep aid.  grin  Especially if he narrates it.

I hope the Goreites continue their hypocrisy.  That will bode well for the next couple of generations being able to sort the wheat from the chaff as they will have a magnificent portrait to consult.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2007, 10:28:34 AM »
I only drive fuel efficient vehicles to save gas money.  I don't understand why that pisses off SUV drivers so much.

We're just having fun at you most of the time.  But then you get all pious on us.
 laugh
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2007, 07:01:30 PM »
Riley, my truck is paid for so I see no reason to adopt a new car lease just to get more efficiency.  My commute is fairly short these days anyway.  Smiley 

On your prior comparison, I don't think it is apples to apples to compare the lifetime effect of an SUV to one month's use of some private jets.  What is the lifetime pollution impact of a private jet?  I doubt my truck will put out 100 tons in the next month.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2007, 06:13:43 AM »
Freezing rain today.  I skated into the office Sunday morning.

I then pick up the paper and see how Purdue professors are applying for even more grants to study White Guilt, aka Global Warming.  It's bitter cold, freezing rain pouring down, I have a cough that has last 10 days and produce enough snot from my head to lube the machinery at Cat, and people want more of my money to attack me. 

I hate you White people and all your White Guilt.
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2007, 10:49:52 AM »
Riley, my truck is paid for so I see no reason to adopt a new car lease just to get more efficiency.  My commute is fairly short these days anyway.  Smiley 

The amount of resources a new vehicle consumes is such that unless something is majorly wrong with the vehicle it's generally better to keep the vehicle unless you're looking to replace it otherwise.

Keeping an older but in good condition 30mpg honda civic in service still beats building a new 35 mpg civic alike.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »

How can it be hypocritical to break a rule you don't believe in? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2007, 11:56:17 AM »
I hate you White people and all your White Guilt.

I am white and got no guilt. Those who do feel guilt are welcome to give up their place at the top of the ecological food chain. Of course, there is only one way to move from the top -- down!

As far as the secular evangelists go, they will have more credibility when they move out of their mansions and teleconference instead of flying.