Author Topic: For those disabled (future) vets, had my Medical exam Friday  (Read 1076 times)

telewinz

• friend
Went to Mt. Vernon (Ohio) for my VA medical exam.  It was about a 2 1/2 hour drive for me but it was pleasant.  An orthopedic doctor spent about 45 minutes checking me out then I spent 2 hours waiting for a set of X-Rays.  I believe he was assigned by the VA to administer the exam.  From the pictures on the wall, I guess he is a Vietnam Vet.  Try as I might, I couldn't get a smile out of him or his nurse.  They were strictly business.  At the end of the examination his only comment was "Well, we will see what Compensation and Pension (VA) says".  I didn't bother asking "how it went?"  I waited six months for this evaluation.  I wonder how long before I receive a ruling?
Career Corrections

For those disabled (future) vets, had my Medical exam Friday
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 02:34:22 PM »
No idea, TW, but good luck.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 03:36:05 PM »
My father and two older brothers worked at VAs from time to time.  They all agreed the quality of care was horrible.  Part of that was the quality of patient.  It didnt seem to matter where the VA was: NYC, Portland OR or Indianapolis, they all were the same.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 08:00:39 PM »
I haven't yet used the VA, but TRICARE scares the heck out of me.  They nearly killed me once.  I'm not anxious to give them a second try.

It annoys me that the funding for the VA has not increased by much relative to the number of new casualties.   Simple economics.  If demand vastly increases, and suppy does not...   Not good when it comes to wounded soldiers.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.