Author Topic: Murder on live TV  (Read 13276 times)

griz

• friend
Murder on live TV
« on: August 26, 2015, 10:45:00 AM »
A local (Near Roanoke VA, only local to me being in my state) news station was doing a live interview with a chamber of commerce representative and a guy walked up and shot the cameraman, reporter, and interviewee.  They are looking for the guy but do not yet know why.  This is a video of the shooting, but don't click on it if you aren't ready to see folks just before they die.  It's not bloody, the cameraman drops the camera, but it's scary in how fast it happened.  The look of shock on her face is painful to watch.

Be careful out there, some folks are nuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNrTi77peo
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Murder on live TV
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:04:33 AM »
Later reports indicate the perp was a ex-employee of the TV station, who was disgruntled.  I believe this means it is some kind of revenge shooting, but no one in the media or Law Enforcement has said that; I am simply guessing.
An ugly scene.  The murdered cameraman caught an image of the assailant with gun in hand, whether accidently or deliberatly is unknown, but it's out there on the news on CNN & Fox.  This will NOT help him if he's caught alive and put before a court.  
A horrible event indeed.   There is audio of the shooting.  
My prayers to the families of the victims.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 11:13:27 AM »
According to this article, police are in an active pursuit of the suspect and he's been identified as a disgruntled employee/former employee of the news station.
WTF man
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 11:24:48 AM »
They are looking for the guy but do not yet know why.

Probably because he shot some folks  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
And the news stations are acting like this is the only thing happening today. Going on 4 hours now of the same *expletive deleted*it.

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 11:41:08 AM »
Vester l flanagan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 11:43:33 AM »
Current reports are that he's live tweeting and included the video he made of the shooting.

I'm not interested in his "perspective", so I'll leave that information to the police who will have to look at it. I'd rather not have to.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

• friends
Re:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 11:45:57 AM »
Word is he shot himself
 He went by bryce williams had sued station

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 11:48:05 AM »
Word is he shot himself
 He went by bryce williams had sued station

When I heard about the live-tweeting, I didn't expect him to be captured.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
And Clinton's first statement on it is a political "guns are bad" blurb.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

• friends
Re:
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »

Not for squeamish
http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=225_1440602498

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:27:15 PM by jamisjockey »

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 12:06:40 PM »
And Clinton's first statement on it is a political "guns are bad" blurb.

So, no mention of banning blacks  ???   :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mp-s3GGi-M

Another. Jeez. This should be a training video on why you don't go about your life with your head up your ass. This is a new level of condition white. I am not blaming the victims, but *expletive deleted*ck sake, you ignore big black guy with gun, allowing him to get shoulder touching close. A known threat.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 01:03:15 PM »
A local (Near Roanoke VA, only local to me being in my state) news station was doing a live interview with a chamber of commerce representative and a guy walked up and shot the cameraman, reporter, and interviewee.  They are looking for the guy but do not yet know why.  This is a video of the shooting, but don't click on it if you aren't ready to see folks just before they die.  It's not bloody, the cameraman drops the camera, but it's scary in how fast it happened.  The look of shock on her face is painful to watch.

Be careful out there, some folks are nuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfNrTi77peo

Video taken down.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mp-s3GGi-M

Another. Jeez. This should be a training video on why you don't go about your life with your head up your ass. This is a new level of condition white. I am not blaming the victims, but *expletive deleted*ck sake, you ignore big black guy with gun, allowing him to get shoulder touching close. A known threat.

This one was up just a few minutes ago.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2015, 01:04:48 PM »
Here's a weird overreaction in response to this local to Virginia incident: The NYPD Counterterrorism unit has "stepped up" its presence at all NYC television stations.

The NYPD said it stepped up its presence around TV stations on Wednesday in New York as a precaution.

"Out of an abundance of caution the NYPD's Counterterrorism Bureau, Critical Response Vehicles and Hercules Teams have been deployed to television news outlets in New York City," said Deputy Commissioner for Counterterrorism and Intelligence John J. Miller. "This was ordered following the shooting this morning in Virginia. While there is no indication of any threat to media outlets beyond this incident, we have provided an additional layer of security until we have a fuller understanding of the motive behind the Virginia incident."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 01:05:26 PM »
Here's a weird overreaction in response to this local to Virginia incident: The NYPD Counterterrorism unit has "stepped up" its presence at all NYC television stations.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2015, 01:06:34 PM »
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2015, 01:06:46 PM »

Gotta use any incident to justify your budget. Even is that incident has zero to do with your area.

Abraham Lincoln

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2015, 01:07:05 PM »

Closing the barn door after the horse runs away  ;/

I sure hope there is intelligent life on other planets, 'cause there sure ain't none here.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2015, 01:09:28 PM »
Since it doesn't fit the narrative, I suspect this will get buried quickly.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
#hotblondelivesmatter

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2015, 01:21:18 PM »
Don't mention his name ever again. Make him an unperson. Throw him into the memory hole (not literally as in removing all records of him, but I guess you can figure out what I mean). This is the complete opposite of what he wanted. Let's just forget that he ever existed.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2015, 01:32:11 PM »
Don't mention his name ever again. Make him an unperson. Throw him into the memory hole (not literally as in removing all records of him, but I guess you can figure out what I mean). This is the complete opposite of what he wanted. Let's just forget that he ever existed.

Nah, he needs a glamour shot on the cover of Rolling Stone.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2015, 01:35:19 PM »
Needs to be used as a training video. Situational awareness. Needs to be played to everyone who carries, everyone you can convince to watch it.

Abraham Lincoln