Author Topic: Murder on live TV  (Read 13275 times)

Andiron

• friend
Re: Murder on live TV
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2015, 09:58:36 PM »
I demand that gay pride and Pan African flags be taken down and barred from sale.

I demand that graves of civil rights leaders be dug up and moved.

I am calling for riots peaceful protests because #WhiteLivesMatter so let's burn and loot some mother*expletive deleted*ing cities

:laugh:

If I had *expletive deleted*ck YOU money,  I'd pay to have that up on billboards..
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2015, 11:00:42 PM »
*nods*

Normally I agree, but...

Well, crap. Can't win for trying. =|

Anyway, my point was that I agree, this will get buried because it doesn't fit the narrative, which, while I hate the mass coverage of these types of murderers, is bad because I'm sick of the "shooter is a angry white man" being pushed by all media outlets.

But then, magsnub has hit the nail on the head. Even if it does get massive coverage, it will get spun as "poor oppressed person is driven to unspeakable acts by angry white men."

I just don't know how to fight a culture war with SJW. =| it's impossible.

Confront them in person.

Keyboard Kommandos are not known for their kourage.
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2015, 11:27:56 PM »
On SA, reporters get hecklers and people trying to get on camera a lot. They tune them out. Sickest part is the guy waits for his camera shot, doesn't shoot until the camera goes on the reporter. He knows it makes TV that way. Schools near me locked down as the guy fled through the area and on up the interstate.

APS rule embargoed name of my governor already calling for more gun control. 1984 got him, picked up by a license plate scanner. Wonder where, I'll be looking next time i merge from I-81 to I-66. On lots of cop cars of course, but this sounds like a stationary one. Becoming more like Maryland everyday. Yay us.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2015, 01:19:48 AM »
I was on the "interview" side of the camera a couple of times at the old job. I know that I was not aware of anything besides the interview and that I had tunnel vision. The situation really narrows your focus to the interviewer and everything else kinds of fades away. If I was doing anything besides concentrating on not looking stupid on camera, it was praying that I didn't say something to get me fired.

I don't know that I've ever seen anyone being interviewed on TV doing the condition yellow head turn thing while they were talking.  I can't help but think it's the same for the interviewer.
Third set of eyes armed, doing the swivel head schtick. Pity we've fallin this far.
sang

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2015, 02:43:21 AM »
I think Viking has the right idea.  Let's remember the names of those murdered and forget the name of the killer.  Nor will I click on or link to any videos as that's what he wanted.

The only way to slow down these nut jobs is to deny them their fame.  That's what they crave, which is why each one is more horrific then the last.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2015, 07:44:00 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mp-s3GGi-M

Another. Jeez. This should be a training video on why you don't go about your life with your head up your ass. This is a new level of condition white. I am not blaming the victims, but *expletive deleted*ck sake, you ignore big black guy with gun, allowing him to get shoulder touching close. A known threat.

This.  It was chilling to watch the footage he filmed.  Three people facing in three directions - he was in view of AT LEAST one of them the whole time, and had the gun pointed for several seconds with no reaction, lowered it (but did not apparently put it away!) and shifted position... Guy was right there, watching, pistol in hand, for over THIRTY SECONDS, and no one reacted until he raised the pistol again and started firing!

Agreed with French - he wanted the money-shot of camera on the reporter.  I think he wanted her to see it coming, too - which is why he didn't shoot at the ten-second mark when he was lined up on her and no one reacted.

A legit case of "workplace violence"  and this Administration misses it.   :facepalm:

No, the White House issued a call for Congress to step up and do something about this plague of gun violence affecting American society, before the bodies were even cool. 

File under the "never let a good crisis go to waste" heading. :facepalm:

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2015, 08:32:45 AM »
I was off in how long ago he was at the Roanoke station.  He left there 2 years ago.

Back in 2012 he covered a VCDL protest in a Roanoke City park over the city's refusal/foot dragging in removing illegal "No Guns Allowed" signs.

Speaking of which, anybody want to bet against me that the Smith Mountain Lake mall was a gun-free zone?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2015, 09:26:55 AM »
Speaking of which, anybody want to bet against me that the Smith Mountain Lake mall was a gun-free zone?

I won't take that bet, because I don't think I've ever been in a mall that wasn't a GFZ (although the signs are usually in small type and posted in an inconspicuous location only generally in anyone's line of travel when entering).

Correction: A long time ago I was in a mall in Tucson, Arizona, and saw a cowboy type gentleman walk through with a six gun in a fairly traditional western holster on his belt. I guess that mall might have been posted, but nobody was enforcing it. And there is a small mall near me that has no signs, at least at the entrance I use. I've looked.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2015, 09:33:31 AM »
I was off in how long ago he was at the Roanoke station.  He left there 2 years ago.

Back in 2012 he covered a VCDL protest in a Roanoke City park over the city's refusal/foot dragging in removing illegal "No Guns Allowed" signs.

stay safe.

I'll take that bet. The "mall" at Smith Mountain Lake isn't much more than a strip mall.

Bridgwater Plaza

There's the aerial view.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2015, 10:25:50 AM »
I think the two malls here in Tulsa are posted, but as stated by Hawkmoon, the wording is very small and included in all the other "rules" of the mall.

I just ignore and go in anyways.  Worse thing they can do is ask me to leave and if I don't it is a trespassing charge at most.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »
Yeah most malls even strip malls are GFZ but quite often the signs are very hard to spot, not on all the entrances and not in compliance with local laws (like the 30.06 law here).
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »
There's a mall near here that's fairly new. I think it's always been posted. And then Cabelas moved in. If you go in through Cabelas' exterior entrance, and into the mall, you will never see a no-guns sign.

Signs are not a legal matter here. Good thing, since I rarely even notice them.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2015, 04:00:14 PM »
Good ole APS, where everyone is a condition orange ninja 24/7/365 and has perfect knowledge of the location identity and motivation of everyone in a five block radius at all time regardless of what they're doing.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2015, 04:29:54 PM »
Good ole APS, where everyone is a condition orange ninja 24/7/365 and has perfect knowledge of the location identity and motivation of everyone in a five block radius at all time regardless of what they're doing.

What's the color for Condition Grouchy?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2015, 05:26:57 PM »

Dark gray ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »
Dark gray ...

I thought it was green like Oscar on sesame street.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2015, 05:41:08 PM »

Brad

Dark gray ...

Dead flat gray.  http://www.behr.com/pro/products/interior-paint-and-primer/behr-pro-i300-dead-flat

If you happen to see that color with wrinkles and liver spots you might as well just kiss your ....  Oops!  Too late!

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2015, 10:41:26 PM »

No, I think it's just human nature. "How can you miss something that's perfectly obvious to me, here in the future?" I was hearing the same stuff from some middle-aged lady at work.

erictank

• friends
« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2015, 08:41:40 AM »
Interviewee (who survived, losing a kidney and part of her colon from one round in the back) says that she did not see the shooter at all, being blinded by the camera light.  Conceivable, and something I had not considered.  With the sharp focus the interviewer and cameraman had on getting the interview right, it is understandable, if regrettable, that they did not pay attention to peripheral vision cues that might have helped them stop or blunt the attack.

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2015, 12:39:14 PM »
Could have been that subconscious fear of "ruining the shot" made them have selective blindness.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »
Interviewee (who survived, losing a kidney and part of her colon from one round in the back) says that she did not see the shooter at all, being blinded by the camera light.  Conceivable, and something I had not considered.  With the sharp focus the interviewer and cameraman had on getting the interview right, it is understandable, if regrettable, that they did not pay attention to peripheral vision cues that might have helped them stop or blunt the attack.

Part of their job.  Hard to be "head on a swivel" when you're conducting an interview.

Frankly, this whole "they should have been aware" thing is bullshit.  Cameraman is focused through the camera.  Reporter is conducting an interview and either concentrating on talking to someone or looking into the camera.  People walk by live shots all the damn time. Someone walking up in the periphery is not uncommon.
This is their job. 
Just watch youtube videos of people pranking reporters.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2015, 02:10:13 AM »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2015, 02:35:41 AM »
Duh!

stay safe.