Main Forums > The Roundtable

Vandals strike yet again

<< < (2/4) > >>

Strings:
Mike... maybe you should borrow Abby for a bit?

And fistful, that was SOOO wrong...

Norton:
I'm just pissed because it's the one decent vehicle I own.  Insurance is going to pay full for the replacement and my neighbor is an auto glass man.....so fromt hat standpoint my outlay is as minimal as could be.

I could understand breaking the glass to steal something.....theft makes sense to me.  But this was just criminal masturbation, a purely self-gratuitous act.

On a lighter note on the incident:  The officer (who was great, BTW) took me out out to the Jeep and we were looking at the window and he suddenly got very serious and said, "Is there anything missing from the vehicle?".  I checked out the radio, looked for the wheel lock and my "get home bag" under the seat and said, "No."  I don't keep anthing of value in the vehicle so I was sure that was it.

He was very insistent that I check the cargo area and said, "Are you SURE nothing is missing?"

I checked to see why he would be so concerned and saw why.  I had left my duffel bag full of targets back there and there were Shoot N See targets strewn all over the place.

Leatherneck:
I wonder why we're seeing an expansion of low-life criminal activity outside the traditional high-risk neighborhoods recently. After my breakin/burglary two weeks ago, I compared notes with several long-time neighbors. In our neighborhood (thirty-some homes, mostly two-decade plus residents, no through streets, etc.). Collectively, we could only remember one break-in--a hot one--by "friends" of the resident teenaged son. We now experience speeding, littering, and vandalism frequently--all signs of lowered respect for law and good order.

I know I'm sounding curmudgeonly here, but I think there's a general deterioration of civil mores of late, at least around here.

TC

brimic:
A few months ago, a guy in southern Wisconsin had enough of his car being broken into and shot someone who was trying to steal his car stereo. He wasn't the only one who felt this way as most of his neighborhood turned out in a public meeting to support him. Too bad the man will spend the most productive years of his life in prison. Many people will say that its not worth shooting someone over a car stereo, but when the stereo is just the icing on the cake in a long string of vandalism, muggings, and burglaries, someone's got to start throwing chlorine in the gene pool.

grislyatoms:
Hey Mike Irwin,

Next time they spool up the party go out there and video tape them. I have done this before with excellent results. (I gave a copy of the tape to the cops and the landlord)

They were evicted within 2 weeks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version