Author Topic: Storefront costs vs. internet ordering costs  (Read 4583 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Re: Storefront costs vs. internet ordering costs
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 02:53:23 PM »
I Googled "Lorimer Electronics".  They sure don't have much of a web presence, either for their "store" or from consumers.  You'd think someone with that level of price competitiveness would be all over the net, especially from home theater enthusiasts.

I'd still be a little leery.

Brad

As long as digital is paying by credit card the risk he assumes is minimal...
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 02:11:45 AM »
Well, they are in Brooklyn, and they do carry photography equipment.

Expect a phone call in a day or two to confirm your order.  Then they'll start telling you about all the items you need or your equipment won't work--monster cables at an even higher markup than bestbuy, etc etc.  Once you refuse them, don't be surprised when your receiver magically becomes out of stock or they just flat out cancel your order and hang up on you.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 03:02:45 AM »
legitimate products sold outside their intended market.  Example would be a Nikon camera intended for Europe.  It's a real nikon, but the warranty isn't valid.

Chris

They've got Sony guts, the guts are Sony.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 08:55:32 AM »
You might ask around on AVSForum to see if anyone there has any info on this place.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

cfabe

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »
Sounds to me like a case of too good to be true. I would check with the manufacturer to ensure they are in fact an authorized dealer and your warranty will be valid. Back about 5 years ago when I was buying home theater equipment many of the high end manufacturers would not honor warranty claims if you did not purchase through an authorized dealer. And some brands had no authorized internet dealers.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 11:13:56 AM »
Indeed. I bought my Pioneer stereo receiver brand new through eBay, at about half the price of what I could get it for through a dealer. The warranty card was very clear that you get no warranty if you don't buy it through a dealer.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine