Main Forums > The Roundtable

Amazon Prime Strangeness

<< < (2/17) > >>

Ben:
More interesting experimentation.

I put a popular item that has always been available for the last few years with next day delivery in my cart. The fastest delivery option is one week out. Amazon day delivery is two weeks out. I then changed the delivery address to an Amazon locker 30 minutes away and everything is available tomorrow.

I also put in a random residential address in the town closest to my house, and that was also a week out.

It's looking more and more like they are cutting rural services - at least in my area.

K Frame:
Good to hear that they're holding up their end of the $139 a year prime 1 day delivery contract...

AZRedhawk44:
I've gotten the  impression that Amazon has been slowly downgrading the delivery efficiency of Prime services over the last few years.  Part of that might be because of the Coof, and outside of their control, but mostly I think they're just shuffling funds from Prime customers that bought Prime for shipping, towards SJW streaming programming.

I bought some automotive plastic rivet pullers from Amazon earlier this week, the same time that I bought some protective fuel tank and engine sump guards from a vendor in eastern Europe.  The European package is arriving before the Amazon one.

HeroHog:
Other than carp from <Trump>Chi-na</Trump>, our stuff gets here PDQ. There IS an Amazon Dist Center here though so that helps and we do live in town. We are all thoroughly deplorable in this house though.
 ;)

MillCreek:
I have noticed some slowing of shipping as well, and I think our local Amazon is having issues with the last mile deliveries.  Over the past few weeks, I have noticed fewer deliveries in the Amazon vans, and more deliveries by people in personal autos.  There is a new 2.5 million sq. ft. Amazon distribution center being built four miles from us, opening in a few months.  I will be interested to see if shipping speed improves with that, as opposed to coming from the Everett distribution center 20 miles away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version