Author Topic: Ted Cruz gets it  (Read 1713 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Ted Cruz gets it
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:49:10 AM »
This should kill the gun control debate.  Ted Cruz gets it, nails it, and crushes the argument.

http://youtu.be/Wi6gZU01yF8
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grampster

• friend
Re: Ted Cruz gets it
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 09:19:52 AM »
Did anyone else notice that Capt. Kelly, Cong. Gifford's husband, got up and walked out of the hearing once Sen. Cruz began to speak in opposition to Feinstein's Lunacy?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 09:27:14 AM »
Did anyone else notice that Capt. Kelly, Cong. Gifford's husband, got up and walked out of the hearing once Sen. Cruz began to speak in opposition to Feinstein's Lunacy?

It was right as he began pulling out DOJ facts on the boards. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 10:06:02 AM »
Very nicely done. Does anyone know who the other two witnesses besides Kelly and LaPierre were and what their stance is?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 10:15:21 AM »
Andy

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 10:20:08 AM »
It should kill the debate, but don't count on it. We had the same sort of factual presentations in 1994, but they didn't sway the other side one bit.

Face it: there are many supporters of the 1994 and current AWB who were in the military, and know full well the difference between full-auto and semi, who know what barrel shrouds are, and what collapsible or folding stocks do. This is not about reducing the number of super-lethal guns, as if there even were such a thing. This is about advancing an agenda, one with the ultimate goal of a disarmed society.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 10:43:13 AM »
Cruz (I voted for him!) did better than LaPierre in that clip.

Sad to say that in Washington and elsewhere, sound logic, verifiable facts, and basic reason don't always win over orchestrated lies, raw emotion, and hysterical propaganda.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:06 AM »
Cruz (I voted for him!) did better than LaPierre in that clip.

Sad to say that in Washington and elsewhere, sound logic, verifiable facts, and basic reason don't always win over orchestrated lies, raw emotion, and hysterical propaganda.

LaPierre was awful in that clip.  He tried to expound on whatever point he was trying to make, but just sucked up Cruz's time instead and came across as frustrated and impatient.  He needs to get off the hill.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »
Actually I have to agree with that. Holding his hand to his forehead and looking exasperated made him look a little like Obama when he's "talking down" to people.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 10:54:29 AM »
This should kill the gun control debate.
Using the word 'debate' assumes there are two or more sides.
There is no debate.
What we have is the left dictating what they want and using their cohorts in the media to coerce/scare/brainwash the masses into accepting.
If someone from ourside presents the facts, their side plugs their ears and shouts "lalalala I can't hear you."
Its the way they operate on nearly every issue.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 10:56:19 AM »
Actually I have to agree with that. Holding his hand to his forehead and looking exasperated made him look a little like Obama when he's "talking down" to people.

I presumed that Cruz and Lapierre planned the Q&A.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »
I agree, he knocked it out of the park and boo to LaPierre for eating up any of his time.

In the interest of fairness, I will note that he returned to his seat by the end of the video.  He left at 4:40, his seat wasn't shown again until 5:59, when he was still missing.  The next time his seat was shown was 9:29, and he was back.

So he didn't walk out, he stepped away for less than 5 minutes, possibly less than 2.  He also kind of hustled out of there so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that something came up.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2013, 12:11:42 PM »
He also kind of hustled out of there so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that something came up.

Maybe hearing the truth caused him to have a bowel movement.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2013, 12:35:01 PM »
I only caught a couple of bits from it but I wonder if he was out trying to get the scoop on the "mass" shooting that happened in Phoenix while this was going on.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »
someone, I have no idea who, needs to put oout a PR video or something about armed citizens saving themselves from bad stuff and the ending should be "If it saves just one life".  That takes away the emotional crap that the opponents are using.