Author Topic: Try to find employees who can pass a drug test  (Read 11146 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Try to find employees who can pass a drug test
« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
Can't steer a sliding tire, that's what antilock brakes are for, they keep lesser drivers alive longer. Watched a kid total a 240Z once at an Auto-X event because he panicked and locked the brakes and skid nose first into a light pole with the wheels turned the whole way. They don't even teach brake modulation in mortal driving school do they?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 01:17:53 AM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #101 on: May 25, 2016, 12:21:20 AM »
Can't steer a sliding tire, that's what antilock brakes are for, they keep lesser drivers alive longer. Watched a kid total a 280Z once at an Auto-X event because he panicked and locked the brakes and skid nose first into a light pole with the wheels turned the whole way. They don't even teach brake modulation in mortal driving school do they?

Not so much even 23 years ago.  In the aforementioned near miss, I was kind of impressed to see that my skid marks, while continuous, varied from dark on the straight parts to almost nonexistent at maximum turn, then dark again on straightening out, then light again once I was clear of the danger zone and just wanted to get stopped ASAP.  I was still a bit heavy, but definitely modulating based on whether I was skidding the way I wanted to go or not.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 25, 2016, 01:14:26 AM »
Everyone should take their kids to a local SCCA Auto-X and let them safely learn REAL driving at the limit in their street cars. We used to offer schools for members and non-members for a Very reasonable entry fee. You make that first run and think you're doing well and then someone else in the same, or even YOUR car, beats your time by Miles! Very humbling and eye opening.

Auto-X fun playing around in our Turbo Pinto
http://herohog.com/images/cars/TurboPinto.mp4

This is the same course and the same day that kid totaled his 240Z!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!