Author Topic: Barber Shop  (Read 6418 times)

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
Re: Barber Shop
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 08:45:17 PM »
Zahc, I get mine cut at Huey's at Richardson Heights- Beltline and 75; used to get it cut at Charlie's on Arapaho at Custer until I couldn't ever catch him there on Saturdays.  Charlie's a real card. Talks a bit much, though.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 09:25:07 PM »
Right now I am only paying $3 for a hair cut about every two weeks.

Silly Army types, paying for haircuts.  cheesy Surely one guy in your unit is good with a pair of clippers?

For one to get a decent pair of clippers that runs on 220 is a pain in the ass.  Then everyone around here actually has so many different work schedules it is difficult.  Just easier to go to the barber and pay the money to have it done.

At home I have my wife do it, unless I just happen to be at a military base and need it done.  They aren't as cheap as they used to be but usually still cheaper than any place off post.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 04:32:19 AM »
You don't have the 220 to 110 inverters (I think they're called inverters)?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 05:05:43 AM »
We have them but they are also a pain in the ass sometimes to deal with.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 06:14:36 AM »
Zahc, I get mine cut at Huey's at Richardson Heights- Beltline and 75; used to get it cut at Charlie's on Arapaho at Custer until I couldn't ever catch him there on Saturdays.  Charlie's a real card. Talks a bit much, though.

Regards,
Rabbit.

Huey's is still there, huh?

Did you ever go to that gun shop that used to be there, Little River Gun Shop, IIRC?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 07:51:51 AM »
I went there a few times.

I recall seeing a sign, "Full Service Gunsmithing Services."

Thing was, every time I was interested in some GS work, he said they didn't do that sort of thing.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Sylvilagus Aquaticus

• friend
    • http://profiles.yahoo.com/sylvilagus
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
Yeah, Little River has been gone for about 4-5 years or so. I liked going in there, mostly just the see the 'museum'. Prices they had didn't inspire me to buy. It did smell like a real gunshop, though.  The old guy in the office always had his ancient computer up, playing Free Cell for the world to see.

Oh yeah, Huey's is still there. 3 guys, not much waiting, no new magazines. At least Charlie has bike mags and Playboys.

Regards,
Rabbit.
To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself.
Albert Einstein