Author Topic: Jason Aldean, "Try That in a Small Town"  (Read 7918 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Jason Aldean, "Try That in a Small Town"
« on: July 18, 2023, 12:07:11 PM »
Jason Aldean has liberal heads exploding with his new release titled "Try That in a Small Town". As a song is isn't all that great - overly simplistic lyrics, too repetitive, not very catchy tune wise -  but the idea behind it will have libtards within earshot going absolutely apoplectic. Video just adds fuel to the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1_RKu-ESCY

Brad
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 02:27:12 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Pb

• friend
Re: Jason Aldean, "Try That in a Small Town"
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 05:35:41 PM »
Good choice of footage for the video.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023, 05:41:55 PM »
I mean, he's playing to his audience, but he's also not wrong. Which antifa et al will continue to discover every time they try and "take it to the burbs". Normal people don't put up with that *expletive deleted*it. Normal Mayors don't put up with that *expletive deleted*it. Normal cops don't put up with that *expletive deleted*it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2023, 03:07:12 AM »
Not to infringe on anyone's copyright, but for we hard of hearing folks:

Lyrics to "Try That In A Small Town"

Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Carjack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it's cool, well, act a fool if ya like

Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you're tough

Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Around here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won't take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don't
Try that in a small town

Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they're gonna round up
Well, that *expletive deleted*it might fly in the city, good luck

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Full of good ol' boys, raised up right
If you're looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

Try that in a small town
Ooh-ooh
Try that in a small town
Written by: Kelley Lovelace, Neil Thrasher, Tully Kennedy, Kurt Michael Allison

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2023, 09:46:55 AM »
I mean, he's playing to his audience, but he's also not wrong. Which antifa et al will continue to discover every time they try and "take it to the burbs". Normal people don't put up with that *expletive deleted*it. Normal Mayors don't put up with that *expletive deleted*it. Normal cops don't put up with that *expletive deleted*it.
Big cities in other states didn't put up with that stuff.  The riots only kept going in places where the local leadership was supporting them. 

As far as suburbs, didn't the Portland mob run into gun fire when they tried to move into neighborhoods?  They didn't even make it outside the leftist city center before running into resistance.   
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2023, 12:03:28 PM »
So that song is meh, at best.  Jason Aldean is meh on a very good day.  He's kinda the worst of "Bro Country".

But holy *expletive deleted*it did it piss the journalists off.  CMT pulled the video.  MSM is calling it "pro-lynching".

My personal favorite: https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/other/cmt-accused-of-pulling-a-bud-light-after-removing-jason-aldean-video/ar-AA1e3OGZ 

I hope we can cement Bud Light as a verb.  As in:  Don't do that, that's pulling a Bud Light.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2023, 01:21:59 PM »
Also, we of course have the expected hypocrisy:

https://twitchy.com/sarahd/2023/07/19/sheryl-crow-n2385540

As pointed out in the comments, they give rap a pass, as they do liberal violence like the Dixie Chick song. Which, in the Dixie Chick example, it's nothing to get riled up about, which is kinda the point regarding the ridiculous crying about Aldean. Also, Aldean is condemning violence, not promoting it like rap songs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2023, 02:08:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/AmiriKing/status/1681659266518663168

So Jason Aldean is catching A LOT of *expletive deleted*it for his new song because of the lyrics in this video.

Let’s highlight some music lyrics that aren’t causing any controversy and see why that might be. Shall we?

• DMX: ‘If you got a daughter older than 15, I’mma rape her/Take her on the living room floor, right there in front of you/Then ask you seriously, what you wanna do?’

• ICE CUBE: ‘So don't follow me up and down your market/ Or your little chop-suey ass will be a target/ Of the nationwide boycott/ Juice with the people, that's what the boy got/So pay respect to the Black fist/ Or we`ll burn your store right down to a crisp/ And then we`ll see ya/ Cause you can't turn the ghetto into Black Korea.’

• SADAT X: ‘Though I can freak, fly, flow, *expletive deleted*ck up a fa#%ot, Don't understand their ways, I ain't down with gays’

• BIGGIE: ‘Then I'm dippin' up the block and I'm robbin' bitches, too/Up the herringbones and bamboos/I wouldn't give a *expletive deleted*ck if you're pregnant/Give me the baby rings and the #1 Mom pendant’

• RICK ROSS: ‘Put Molly all in her champagne, she ain’t even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that, she ain't even know it’

I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Spare me the *expletive deleted*ing outrage.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2023, 06:59:18 AM »
. . . As far as suburbs, didn't the Portland mob run into gun fire when they tried to move into neighborhoods?  They didn't even make it outside the leftist city center before running into resistance.   
I hadn't heard that - the only instance of riot resistance I remember being reported on involved an off-duty Army noncom who shot his attacker in Austin during a riot. And of course, the local DA prosecuted him.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2023, 09:12:34 AM »
Shannon Watts taking credit for getting the song pulled off CMT

A prominent gun-control activist is taking credit for canceling country music star Jason Aldean's controversial new song, which she claims is 'racist and violent.'

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, called attention to the lyrics in Aldean's new song, 'Try That in a Small Town,' over the weekend when she wrote that the lyrics to the song are about 'how he and his friends will shoot you if you try to take their guns.'

Watts pointed out that Aldean was 'on-stage during the mass shooting at a Las Vegas concert in 2017 that killed 60 people and wounded over 400 more.'

Watts' claim happened one day after CMT pulled the song from airwaves. Upon hearing that Country Music Television yanked the song and music video, Watts tweeted: 'Proud to have had a hand in getting CMT to reject this racist and violent song.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12318103/Leading-gun-control-activist-takes-credit-getting-Country-star-Jason-Aldeans-hit-Try-Small-Town-pulled.html

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2023, 09:18:01 AM »
So by calling the song racist are they in effect saying that only blacks do violent protests?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2023, 09:22:53 AM »
So by calling the song racist are they in effect saying that only blacks do violent protests?

Yes.  And somehow *you're* the racist for noticing.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2023, 11:47:11 AM »
Meanwhile in a Big Town being a violent protester pays

New York City will give more than $13 million to more than 1,000 protesters arrested or interacting with police during the 2020 Black Lives Matter protests following a civil rights lawsuit settlement filed in Manhattan federal court Wednesday.

Experts said the settlement, which allows the city to avoid a trial, would be among the most expensive payouts ever for mass arrests. It still needs to be approved by a judge before it is finalized.

The lawsuit focused on 18 protests that erupted in New York City in the week following George Floyd’s death in May. According to attorneys for the plaintiffs, eligible persons can receive $9,950 in compensation.

New York City agrees to pay Black Lives Matter protesters $13 million in new mass arrests settlement
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-agrees-pay-black-lives-matter-protesters-13-million-new-mass-arrests-settlement
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2023, 01:05:29 PM »
Sounds like CMT needs to be "Bud Lited"
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2023, 01:11:04 PM »
Meanwhile in a Big Town being a violent protester pays

New York City agrees to pay Black Lives Matter protesters $13 million in new mass arrests settlement
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-city-agrees-pay-black-lives-matter-protesters-13-million-new-mass-arrests-settlement

I dunno man. I remember when I was in NYC in [checks notes] the weeks following George Floyd's death.  I definitely had a couple of "interactions" with NYPD that seemed mean.

Does anyone know if it's $10k per person, or $10k per interaction?  I got all the stop and frisks.

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2023, 09:11:15 PM »

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2023, 11:37:17 AM »
Maybe a small town is defined more by the "vibe" than the actual population, but either way I wouldn't consider Kenosha a small town.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2023, 10:52:02 PM »
This fits right in with the words of this song.  >:D

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2023, 01:13:03 AM »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2023, 07:46:39 AM »
Not sure how many of you are old enough to remember what it was like during the 1970s in a lot of American cities. Crime rates through the roof, civil unrest was common, cities were struggling to provide even the most basic service, police wouldn't go into many areas... we're seeing a repeat of that today with the extra overlay that liberals are now trying to strip away police policies that liberals had attempted to put into place in the 1970s, again leaving law abiding citizens at the mercy of the criminals.

At the same time the administration (Carter) was turning his AFT loose to basically do whatever it wanted to try to strip Americans of any means of defending themselves.

I'm thinking it won't be very long now until we see a dramatic rise in the same kind of "vigilante" incidents that occurred in the 1970s and early 1980s. I say "vigilante" because, of course, the left is crying anytime one of their mostly peaceful supporters gets his/her ass handed to him.

I think that's what's REALLY driving the left mad about Aldeen's song... they know we're just about at the tipping point and they see this song as a rallying cry for those who are going to start fighting back.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2023, 03:55:00 PM »
It was before my time, but I recall a bunch of Pro Vigilante media from that time.  Death Wish, Taxi Driver, the first Walking Tall, etc.

Aldean's song could be the harbinger of that kind of implicit acceptance of "dealing with it yourself" again, which would understandably concern criminals and their media arm.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2023, 05:20:58 PM »
It was before my time, but I recall a bunch of Pro Vigilante media from that time.  Death Wish, Taxi Driver, the first Walking Tall, etc.

Aldean's song could be the harbinger of that kind of implicit acceptance of "dealing with it yourself" again, which would understandably concern criminals and their media arm.

This seems to be a solid theory.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2023, 08:35:36 AM »
Well, at least he's not doing the, "I'm sorry" tour.  =)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1682801364605304832

Though I understand that after the Vegas shooting, he came out as anti-gun. It certainly might have been an emotional reaction, and people are allowed to change their views.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2023, 03:40:55 PM »
It's probably worth noting somewhere in here that he's a performer putting on a show, grew up in a city, and did not write that song.

It's cool that the song is ruffling so many feathers, but beware of creating a Saint BroCountry.