Author Topic: How can this happen. When thugs are issued badges  (Read 17845 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: How can this happen. When thugs are issued badges
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 07:44:14 PM »
in an alternate universe the punk kid riding 100 mph through traffic and doing the sneaky edit job is a hero and the cop who arrested him without hurting anything but lil jonnies feelings is a thug.  my how the world has changed  some of the kids today wouldn't have made it through puberty in my time
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
And yet in another alternate universe, thug idiot cops such as this one, would not have made it home that day.

Don't ya love playing "alternate universe"
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2010, 07:59:22 PM »
truly    society has changed when i acted like that i got locked up and nasty stories in the paper  in todays world you post video and get cheerleaders  not sure thats improvement
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2010, 08:09:34 PM »
You just don't get it. If the kid was speeding, so what. He was in the wrong.  The actions of the badge wearing citizen in plain clothes and an unmarked car are what we are discussing. Had this been in any CCW states, idiot cop might have ended up dead. And all the cop forums would have their EOW threads. Or, if it were me. I would have just ran the guy over with my vehicle, he looked like he was going to rob me and he had a gun.

It amazes me that only non badge wearing folk can do stupid things. Once you get a badge, no matter how stupid you handle a situation, no biggie. Point out the citizen.

What about the false reporting that he didn't draw his gun?  Or did the kid Photoshop the video?  Maybe the cop had help from his fellow MSP officers that tried to cover up the college game beating.

You want the kid to learn a lesson. And you could not give a damn if the idiot with a badge learns anything.  :facepalm:
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »

Those who enforce the law should be beyond reproach. Sadly that isn't the case and this event is a sterling example of it in practice.

If he was speeding, then he should be cited for such. Citizens should obey the rule of law.

However, enforcing the law does not excuse any police officer for breaking it themselves.

Lets recap shall we?

Motorcyclist:
-Speeding
-Reckless Driving

Unmarked Police Officer:
-Assault
-Reckless Endangerment
-Brandishing
-Perjury
-Home Invasion
-Grand Larceny
-False Arrest

How does the former justify the latter?

• friends
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2010, 08:28:40 PM »
where did he deny drawing? i missed that?  and i know its not what you wanna hear but in the universe i was stupid in,  and  as stupid and chemically addled as we were we were able to play connect the brain cell well enough to realize that if you drive like that and you get a car that looks like a plain wrapper  catch up with you and a guy with a gun and a badge on his belt jumps out hes probably the cops. i know the internets made young folks smarter and all but we managed to make those connections before there was cable. i know the details are confusing but the cops kicking butt after the game are pg county cops. a police force that has a place in the hall of fame for cops that kick butts.  30 years ago one of them kicked the snot outa a dc police capt in uniform during a dispute.  this kid was lucky the state cops are actually pretty decent  its a case of you get what you pay for. i don't think the kid photo shopped the vid just did a kid move with the audio.  the biggest problem with being a young punk kid is you think other folks are stupid and don't catch your nonsense.  experience is a terrible thing  it makes catching cs moves too easy.  early one of the other cheerleaders tried to claim the cop was guilty of assault  they seem to have melted away.   i know its a female dog being young and having authority issues  been there done that.  i think the worst thing is junior turned a misdemeanor into a felony  literally.  he got a traffic ticket   tried to play victim with the other girls on the internet. didn't consider that he was screwing with the cops career.  found out that the big dog bites and he gets a felony bust  to take through life.thats a career enhancer.  mommy and daddy got jacked up too. well i feel for them a lil but they raised a punk kid and let him live at home so you reap what you sow.  all because he wanted to use the roads as his play pen then sniveled and tried to be clever/sneaky when he got his hand slapped.  reminds me of ramos and campeon. they did the same thing turned a minor screw up that at worst woulda got one or both of em a few days off unpaid  tried to fix it and cover it up and ended up in the big house. its a very common mistake.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2010, 08:33:12 PM »
We are not talking about your past actions or enlightenment. We are
talking about a recent incident about an idiot MSP officer

Read:

That was when Graber was already exiting the interstate. When he came to a complete stop behind the other cars at the exit, Uhler cut him off and hopped out of his car with a gun drawn, never flashing a badge and not identifying himself as an officer until several seconds later.

Uhler never mentioned that he pulled out his gun in his report.

Abraham Lincoln

• friends
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2010, 08:33:35 PM »
-Assault
-Reckless Endangerment
-Brandishing
-Perjury
-Home Invasion
-Grand Larceny
-False Arrest

assault who?when?
endangerment?  yea wheelies can get you that charge but his riding really wasn't that bad
brandishing? lol  thats funny
perjury? who lied in court or on a legal document?  i don't think juniors hiding the audio rises quite to that level  yet
home invasion?  we need to hear more about that warrant  and from someone other than lil jonnie
grand larceny? the computers?  see above
false  arrest? what jonnie wasn't speeding?

• friends
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2010, 08:39:07 PM »
We are not talking about your past actions or enlightenment. We are
talking about a recent incident about an idiot MSP officer

Read:

That was when Graber was already exiting the interstate. When he came to a complete stop behind the other cars at the exit, Uhler cut him off and hopped out of his car with a gun drawn, never flashing a badge and not identifying himself as an officer until several seconds later.

Uhler never mentioned that he pulled out his gun in his report.

you've seen uhlers report?  ummm i know everyones all knotted over him being cut off but thats been a pretty standard waty for cops to pull you over if they think you might flee they pull in front of you and another pulls up behind you.  what constitutional right does that trample?

and as you mentioned lil jonnie was at a stop so the egregious ZOMG CUTTING OFF happened with the bike sitting still and the cop car moving slow enough to stop right quick. while your concern for jonnies safety is touching i gotta giggle at trying to play him as the endangered victim of this reckless behavior after he just played go fast racer through traffic.

• friends
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2010, 08:40:22 PM »
jonnie should stay outa va or drive slow  md is a day at the beach in court comparitively.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2010, 08:42:35 PM »
assault who?when?
endangerment?  yea wheelies can get you that charge but his riding really wasn't that bad
brandishing? lol  thats funny
perjury? who lied in court or on a legal document?  i don't think juniors hiding the audio rises quite to that level  yet
home invasion?  we need to hear more about that warrant  and from someone other than lil jonnie
grand larceny? the computers?  see above
false  arrest? what jonnie wasn't speeding?

Assault: An act that causes one to apprehend an immediate and personal violence. The aggressive maneuver with the vehicle and the approach with a deadly weapon without following proper procedure to let the subject know they were a police officer (no lights, no uniform and a badge obscured from view). Not to be confused with Assault and Battery.

Endangerment: Making a drastic and unnecessary maneuver with his vehicle when the suspect was already at a full stop at a light with traffic in front of them. The officer comes close to clipping the person.

Brandishing: Displaying a firearm with the intention to intimidate or coerce without proper cause.

Perjury: Intentionally omitting significant information from an official document.

Home Invasion and Grand Larceny covered by the unsigned warrant and the improper seizure of personal property.

False Arrest: Placing him under arrest under false pretenses, in this case for "wire tapping," something already asserted by a Judge.

• friends
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2010, 08:59:49 PM »
Assault: An act that causes one to apprehend an immediate and personal violence. The aggressive maneuver with the vehicle and the approach with a deadly weapon without following proper procedure to let the subject know they were a police officer (no lights, no uniform and a badge obscured from view). Not to be confused with Assault and Battery.

Endangerment: Making a drastic and unnecessary maneuver with his vehicle when the suspect was already at a full stop at a light with traffic in front of them. The officer comes close to clipping the person.

Brandishing: Displaying a firearm with the intention to intimidate or coerce without proper cause.

Perjury: Intentionally omitting significant information from an official document.

Home Invasion and Grand Larceny covered by the unsigned warrant and the improper seizure of personal property.

False Arrest: Placing him under arrest under false pretenses, in this case for "wire tapping," something already asserted by a Judge.

then every arrest is an assault?

drastic maneuver?  really? kids stopped cop cars a couple feet at least away  shucks junior was closer to trucks on the highway at a pretty good clip

brandishing? cop with gun out  not pointed during an arrest is brandishing?  reach much?

what official document? and what was omitted?

when we get to the warrant surely our hero has it posted to show how he was maligned and mistreated  can you help us see it? i've looked  i can't find the judges ruling either.  could get interesting 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 09:08:14 PM by cassandra and sara's daddy »

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2010, 11:41:45 PM »
Yeah, cutting someone off with a deadly weapon (unmarked police auto), not announcing one is LEO, not displaying ID, drawing down on someone, and then laying hands on them & theirs is a good way to get shot down here.
'
'biker boy was stopped when the cop pulled up  what is the definition of cutting off in texas?  and with your 22 inches of screen how does that scale to a 5 something guy?

Not sure, but it was pretty dang close.  Close enough that cycle-boy felt the need to back up his bike a bit.

Drawing down and placing hands on someone with no visible LEO ID and without IDing ones self verbally as LEO?  define drawing down is that removing the gun from the holster? is that texas rules?

and at what point did he lay hands on johnny? before or after he id'd himself and reholstered? be hard toay hands with the gun in one hand
and junior owned up to the wheelies in one account i saw one short one in the vid but it is hard to see well with a helmet cam huh.

the only part that troubles me is the unsigned warrant and so far the only source touting that has credibility issues with me

You are unfamiliar with the term "drawing down?"  Read some of THR, I'm sure you'll figure it out.  It is a threat of violence.  Were this me, with my history, driving one of my vehicles, he would have gotten smooshed between my truck's front bumper and his auto.  Given the video, lack of IDing himself, the drawn weapon, and my locality, I bet a jury would see it as a reasonable response to multiple serious threats.  Folks are both "law & order" and understanding of self-defense around here.  They send lots folks to the Big Shot down in Huntsville and it has to be quite outrageous for someone acting in self-defense to be prosecuted past the grand jury.  The LEO gave no indication he was a LEO and not a car jacker.  Stupid hurts.  He'd have himself to blame for the squooshing, were he to survive.

Watch the video again or read what I wrote in my previous post.  The officer laid hands on cycle-boy before verbally IDing himself and before the badge was visible.  As has been written by another poster, that sort of damnfoolery can get one shot and the shooter no-billed from the grand jury in these parts.

If you have a mm:ss of the wheelie I'd appreciate it, because that does pertain to the officer's veracity.  If it occurred, it is in line with his accusations.  If not, it would be another instance where his statements are at odds with the evidence & law.  I was considerate enough to provide you with the time I first got a glimpse of the badge.

Detailed accounts of your past infractions are not particularly pertinent, unless the accumulation of them prevents you from legally owning a firearm.  That would account for unfamiliarity with firearm terminology and such.

Again, arresting cycle-boy for speeding & related charges is reasonable.  The method used to arrest him was in no way reasonable and very, very stupid.  Lying/perjury on a warrant is a much more serious issue, as is the intimidation of getting a search warrant and executing it for perfectly legal actions (video & audio i a public place) after they are posted to the net and embarrass the not-so-bright LEO.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2010, 12:20:06 AM »
Things that stuck out to me:
- plain clothes officer
- unmarked vehicle
- marked vehicle near-by
- visual estimate, no radar gun
- unsubstantiated claim that Graber was doing wheelie at estimated speed of 100mph
- unknown whether marked vehicle ran lights/sirens
- brandished firearm
- possible brief delay in Uhler identifying himself as a police officer
- possible omission of brandishing his firearm in official report
- cited Graber for doing 80mph in 65mph zone despite estimated speed of 100mph
- over a week passes before warrant is issued for Graber
- reckless driving and negligent driving added to charges
- wiretapping added to charges
- Graber spends 26 hours in prison
- his parents home is raided by 6 police officers
- his mother and sister are detained for an hour-and-a-half
- 4 computers are seized from the home
- Graber faces possible felony charges
- only got to stay home that day due to his gall bladder surgery
- bond set at $15,000
- Graber admitted to speeding, admitted to passing a marked vehicle, turned himself in, and is still sitting around waiting to see if he will be prosecuted
- releasing judge stated he did not violate Maryland's wiretapping laws

This was all for speeding. It certainly wasn't about the video footage, since it was discovered over a week later and didn't violate any laws according to the only judge that we know was involved in any of this mess.

I don't think the officer did anything too wrong by cutting him off on the exit in stopped traffic. Putting his lights on during the brief pursuit would have been ideal, but we're beyond that point by now. I don't think the officer did anything wrong by writing Graber a speeding ticket. Giving him a warning or letting the marked vehicle take over would have been ideal since the speed was estimated, but we're beyond that point now. I could even see the charges for reckless driving and negligent driving if Graber was actually doing a wheelie at 100mph on the interstate. Presenting these charges with the speeding ticket would have been ideal, but we're beyond that point by now.

Then the officer brandishes his firearm. For a routine traffic stop. For speeding. This is our first hint at what is yet to come. After this, and the officer's discovery of the video footage, the fit hit the shan. The video footage has nothing to do with his speeding ticket, and doesn't need any further discussion. It did not violate any laws. The only issues that need discussion are the initial stop and the added charges and their validity.

If Uhler really felt the need to take the stop, after cutting Graber off on the exit, he should've been brandishing his badge, not his firearm. He should've talked to Graber calmly and waited for the marked vehicle. He should've added reckless driving and negligent driving to the speeding ticket at the time of the stop.

No delay, no warrant, no seizure, no detainment, no family, no lockup, no bond, no judge, and no wiretapping charges should've been involved in this case.

taurusowner

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2010, 12:41:24 AM »
Just to add, in some states, the drawing of a firearm is still in the "Officer presence/verbal persuasion" end of the force continuum, and officers are free to draw when they feel it is necessary, even during a "routine"(nothing is routine) traffic stop.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2010, 12:53:27 AM »
CSD: speaking of cheaps*** moves and making accusations that are proven false then melting away, tell us again how Maryland is a two party consent wiretapping state.

Also, I understand cops used to beat people all the time. You keep saying it like it's a good thing.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2010, 01:01:11 AM »
for starters look at the still pic in the ops link for a good look at the distance from cop car to bike   the sites been updated to include a hard to read scan of the police report. couple things that might leave a mark  junior went flying past the marked car in the median cross over
oops i didn't know it was the cops takes a holiday  it would be good to see the vid from the marked car it would show how soon it arrived.   r
http://carlosmiller.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/AnthonyGraber.jpg  take a look see what you think and then look at the long vid again  as far as i can tell the cop ids himself at 6 seconds in after getting out and the kid revving and backing up. i know jonnies a good boy but revving and backing up is sometimes a precursor to fleeing.  by the time kid turn around at 21 seconds the marked car is completely stopped with the cop already getting out   has jonnie denied the wheelie? i kinda wish he would  its real clear on his own vid at 35 second roughly hes in the right lane passing a truck on the right while riding it  good move  and tragically it was at this point he passed the first trooper. in the unmarked ouch!  excuse me he passed a bus  and the wheelie lasted almost 5 seconds from 33 to 38.  the irony is he posted the evidence of his crime on the net.  and at 1.10 he passes the cop in the median   and coincidentally slows down  because we know he never knew about the cops at 3.03 see him turn his head and eyeball the unmarked coming up fast at 3.02 if you freeze you can see the plain wrapper coming up its a curious thing thats the only time he ever turns his head all the way around. if you look at 3.02 at the plain wrapper look at the right edge as we view it from the front i can't tell if the marked car is behind him blocked at thats a bit showing or not
at 3.12 3.14 its the closest the cop gets to our poor jonnie
at 3.15 the cops left foot is hitting the ground and lil jonnie is reving and backing up no gun or badge visible yet
3.16 cops just cleared leather is advancing kids backing cop is saying something but we get no audio on this tape unlike the miracle tape that he puts out with his whinefest
at 3.19 it appears to be when hes saying hes a cop  as best as i can tell from comparing with the miracle vid
at 21 the cop is looking past kid at what i assume is the other cop car gun in hand pointed down
by 23-24 he reholsters
at 33 hes off the bike turns his head and we see marked car stationary
by 39 its over other cop is walking up

you think he was backing because the cop was too close? i  thought he was gonna grow a set and take off if he had he woulda got away. unless you wreck they can't catch you and their supervisors will call off the chase rather than let another family get killed.

last i checked he could pull his gun in that kinda situation  they sure used to  pistols shot guns  knock you off the bike to make sure you don't scoot.  thats why i started turning the bike off and dropping the keys where they could see it  hated picking up the bikes a couple of em   i was marginal on picking it up if there was a slope.

i think junior knew that was a cop  i think the reason the audio is gone is either to get rid of the sirens or to get rid of him going shucks the cops when he passed the marked one. its not uncommon for them then and now to come up on you sans lights and sirens so they can at least get your tags before you leave em in the dust  once the chase starts officially they come on  up to that point your riding along hoping he didn't get you.  when i watch the vid its like deja vue   been there done that.  in the old days they'd chase you till all the red lights on the dash board came on at the car wouldn't go. even way back in the 70's a hot bike was faster than the police chopper and in some cases went faster than the old radar units readout went. i got one where they did the speed by taking the time of first call at king street and i 95 to the stopped call past quantico it was 12 mins and a few seconds and they did the math time and distance and wrote me that way

i fully understand the need for speed  just take your licks when you get caught

that stop was mild compared to many i've seen  no laying on of hands he got to go home keep his bike  heck what was he whimpering about again?

• friends
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2010, 01:04:37 AM »
§21–901.1. 
(a)   A person is guilty of reckless driving if he drives a motor vehicle:
(1)   In wanton or willful disregard for the safety of persons or property; or
(2)   In a manner that indicates a wanton or willful disregard for the safety of persons or property.
(b)   A person is guilty of negligent driving if he drives a motor vehicle in a careless or imprudent manner that endangers any property or the life or person of any individual.

and it carrys up to 12 months  same as va   though va will give you the 12 months  md almost never does

• friends
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2010, 01:14:13 AM »
just for you balog   :angel: =D
http://www.rcfp.org/taping/states/maryland.html
heck the kid admitted to the cop doing 85 and the cop cut him a break  then he went home and girled up. poor decision making 101.   seen that happen a few time with smart entitled folks  this one is a classic though. heck it could get worse   i hope he takes it to trial. i wana see him defend riding a wheelie past a bus passing it on the right at that. and putting it on the internet?  mi mean do guys need cheerleaders that bad  we did our bragging in bars and bike clubs,  i can see why junior can't go to a clubhouse but isn't there a tapas bar he can puff at? is mr henrys loft still open for him?

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2010, 01:17:26 AM »
From the link...

State courts have interpreted the laws to protect communications only when the parties have a reasonable expectation of privacy

Edit: which means the wiretapping charges were trumped up and invalid on their face. Maybe you're ok with cops pulling felony charges out of their asses to harass people (just when they have it coming tho, right?) but I personally prefer cops to charge people for things that are, you know, actually illegal.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2010, 01:26:09 AM »
thats right but the laws still on the books and they can still charge you.  you can beat it most often.  but you can't beat the ride. and junior took mom and pops for the ride too
in the real world you know what this cop is in real trouble for? being too nice.  he gave a snot nosed kid a real break dropped the miles over didn't tag him with all the hard charges didn't rough him up or impound his bike heck junior got a ticket and went home to momma. bet the next crotch rocket jockey gets no slack at all. lil girls like him poison the well for everyone after them. i bet the other cops are telling this cop see! thats what happens when you cut an ahole some slack.

• friends
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2010, 01:29:30 AM »
so a 54-5 second wheelie at 100 whats that an eighth of a mile on a highway with your wheel in the air? i didn't try to count the vehicles he passed i figured the bus was enough   well that and the cop car.  poor situational awareness that   but when your having that much fun its understandable.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2010, 01:43:05 AM »
So trumping up charges you know are false to harass people you don't like is ok with you? Duly noted.

• friends
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2010, 01:56:33 AM »
charges weren't false   he was charged under existing law. the judge tossed the case that happens  at some point they change the law. he did tape right? the law says two party. heck they mighta got a judge that let it stick  that happens a couple times and they change the lil notation about " courts and reasonable expectation of privacy" to a new notation. unless the legislature acts

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2010, 03:16:16 AM »
Oh, the joy of HD cameras  :cool: :cool:

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage