Author Topic: Buckle Up Baby Jesus, this is going to get bumpy!!!  (Read 20327 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Buckle Up Baby Jesus, this is going to get bumpy!!!
« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2015, 01:51:01 PM »
With liberal math, it works.  [popcorn]

Lock up every gun owner and the country would starve to death or die of third world diseases in 6 months. :laugh:
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2015, 02:26:14 PM »
Lock up every gun owner and the country would starve to death or die of third world diseases in 6 months.

Faster, when there's nobody to drive the trucks or fix the cars.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2015, 03:44:58 PM »
Instead of Starbucks, Chipotle, or the occasional statehouse, OC marchers ought to file past the houses of anti-gun pol's.

The unions/Left tried it on our Governor and a few other GOP lawmakers here in WI.

I think the tactic may need revisiting.
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »
Instead of Starbucks, Chipotle, or the occasional statehouse, OC marchers ought to file past the houses of anti-gun pol's.

Or given Chipotle's latest publicity, maybe we should just occupy their bathrooms and see how long the customers can hold it.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »

The unions/Left tried it on our Governor and a few other GOP lawmakers here in WI.

I think the tactic may need revisiting.

If nothing else, the outcry from Big Media would be hilarious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2015, 07:50:23 PM »
330 million don't need to be imprisoned to make the point.  Even 100,000 gun owners in the can is going to settle a whole lot of tempers out there.  The reality is that if it couldn't be settled in politics any illegal means will do nothing more than shrink support for gun owners as a group.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2015, 07:56:34 PM »
330 million don't need to be imprisoned to make the point.  Even 100,000 gun owners in the can is going to settle a whole lot of tempers out there. 

Still not holding my breath there, DeSelby. 

Stop moving the goalposts all around.

The reality is that if it couldn't be settled in politics any illegal means will do nothing more than shrink support for gun owners as a group.

Are you talking about the government doing illegal things or us patriots?

If "the balloon goes up" I'm not giving much of a ______ about support. 
There are ways of dealing with things like that ...... as our Founding Fathers discovered for themselves. ;)

MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2015, 10:38:19 AM »
With this talk of incarcerating thousands of gun owners, let me throw this in the mix.

Right now, there is a hard push in the criminal justice system to reduce the number of inmates.  More pushing for community based corrections for low level felonies, drug offenses, and non-violent offenders.  The push is financial-related.  Simply put, no one wants to spend this much to house offenders.  And, a lot of this push is coming from the feds, who throw a lot of grant money at the state prison systems, and want to spend that money somewhere else.

Right now, there are 197,706 people in prison for federal offenses in the US (per the federal Bureau of Prisons web cite).  161,516 are in federal prison.  The rest are farmed out to other prisons, mostly state prisons.

Now I've read articles that say approximately 35-40% of Americans admit to owning a firearm.  That puts the number at around 110,000,000 gun owners in the US.  Let's say that of those 110 million gun owners, only .1% are committed enough to openly defy the law, and they get arrested, charged, and put in prison as a lesson to the rest of us.  That's 110,000 bodies that would need a spot in a federal prison.  It would almost double the federal prison population. 

Where are the going to house these people?  Who is going to man the prisons?  Who is going to pay for food, clothing, medical care, etc.?  Or, is this what the FEMA camps will be used for?
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2015, 11:05:05 AM »
The left thinks gun confiscation is like watching a  movie- Cowboys vs Indians.  Cops vs Robbers.
What they have almost uniformly failed to grasp, is that they won't be watching the movie, they will be the actors.
This would not be one of the great leftist moves they love so much, which is to impose edicts on others, who have to bear the costs-  If they try this, the costs will be born by them personally.

Most likely,  they will start a civil war that will burn this country to the ground, with multiple factions- it will make Syria look like a clearly defined problem.
 Some of the communists, and some of the Muslims, want this- they have expressed it in their writings - only after the US is destroyed will they be able to achieve their goals.

Western civilization stands in the balance.  It is ironic the cultures that seek to destroy the greatest achievement of humankind, also profit so greatly from it.  The twit-face version is "cultural appropriation"- OK, morons, you can have your halloween costumes back, take the turban and the sombrero, I want my penicillin, cell phone and automobile, surgery ward, and all the other 50 million inventions by Western White Males back.  The Western White Male has contributed more to human advancement than the rest of the world put together, by about 20 orders of magnitude.
Subtract the accomplishments of "white privilege" and the idiots railing against it would be living in a mud hut rubbing sticks together to light a fire to cook their gruel in a clay pot.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2015, 11:17:23 AM »
Subtract the accomplishments of "white privilege" and the idiots railing against it would be living in a mud hut rubbing sticks together to light a fire to cook their gruel in a clay pot.

You underestimate them, as they also will still have the stream they use for both drinking water and a toilet to fall back on.  Or in.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2015, 11:31:45 AM »
Well there are white males who are on the other side too- you know the ones that dress up like lumberjacks, truck drivers, and mechanics, but ironically have neither the skills nor physical strength to work in any of those professions.

Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2015, 12:16:36 PM »
Well there are white males who are on the other side too- you know the ones that dress up like lumberjacks, truck drivers, and mechanics, but ironically have neither the skills nor physical strength to work in any of those professions.

If skin color was going to save us we wouldn't need saving. Whites are still a majority in the USA.

Dedication to the principles civil society is based upon is the test. All allies are welcome.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »
If skin color was going to save us we wouldn't need saving. Whites are still a majority in the USA.

Dedication to the principles civil society is based upon is the test. All allies are welcome.

Clarification- the white males I was talking about are generally on the side of destruction of western civilization.

Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2015, 11:33:58 PM »
Clarification- the white males I was talking about are generally on the side of destruction of western civilization.

I know, I was agreeing with you and pointing out we need every ally we can get regardless of race.

I'll take a secular Iranian libertarian over a SJW white guy any day. Insert any race or nationality and philosophy that is pro freedom/liberty and I will take them over the feminized white progressive males our country has raised.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2015, 09:08:39 AM »
I know, I was agreeing with you and pointing out we need every ally we can get regardless of race.

I'll take a secular Iranian libertarian over a SJW white guy any day. Insert any race or nationality and philosophy that is pro freedom/liberty and I will take them over the feminized white progressive males our country has raised.

You betcha!

Barack Obama