Author Topic: This just in: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead  (Read 12277 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: This just in: Philip Seymour Hoffman found dead
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »
i often wonder when an experienced used dies if it was really suicide. though the quality of dope is much higher than in the past

and heres a point of view
http://debbiebayerblog.com/2014/02/04/phillip-seymour-hoffman-did-not-have-choice-or-free-will-and-neither-do-you/

From some of the cases I've seen, what tends to happen is the experienced user makes a mistake...the dope hasn't been cut as much, the user shoots a second time too soon after the first, the user can't see right and injects more than intended.  One case I recall well was a man who had a cold, so too several cold pills, using whiskey to chase them down.  Buddy comes over with heroin.  They decide to shoot together, but the first guy falls asleep while the buddy is mixing and loading syringes.  Well, he decided to shoot the first guy up anyways.  Mix of heroin, cold meds, and alcohol overwhelmed the system.  Manslaughter charge on the buddy.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2014, 03:25:13 PM »
you can get in trouble if a bag or batch of bags wasn't mixed well  get big variance from 1 to another.  if you get one too hot you know it though you may not be able to do anything before you go out
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2014, 03:35:32 PM »
One case I recall well was a man who had a cold, so too several cold pills, using whiskey to chase them down.  Buddy comes over with heroin.  They decide to shoot together, but the first guy falls asleep while the buddy is mixing and loading syringes.  Well, he decided to shoot the first guy up anyways.  Mix of heroin, cold meds, and alcohol overwhelmed the system.  Manslaughter charge on the buddy.

I realize we are not dealing with the most rational individuals, but... wow. Impressive decision-making there.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought