Author Topic: I Didn't Think the Marines Maintained DUCKS Anymore  (Read 732 times)

MechAg94

• friend
I Didn't Think the Marines Maintained DUCKS Anymore
« on: May 31, 2022, 11:02:41 PM »
Marine caught with ‘several’ ducks after negligent discharge prompts barracks search
https://taskandpurpose.com/news/marine-caught-ducks-barracks/?utm_source=Task+%26+Purpose+Today&utm_campaign=e1e3463e0e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2022_05_31&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_67edd998fe-e1e3463e0e-80255874

The Marine Corps confirmed that there were no injuries, and that the incident is under investigation, although there were no further details on where or how the negligent discharge occurred, or what kind of weapon was involved.

But while personnel from the Provost Marshal’s Office were clearing a barracks, they made an interesting discovery: A flock of ducks being kept in one Marine’s room.

There is a short video....or a link to a reddit video.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Unisaw

• friend
Re: I Didn't Think the Marines Maintained DUCKS Anymore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 07:05:55 AM »
Gomer Pyle lives!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 05:41:50 PM »
I thought the article was about the "rubber ducks" or solid rubber M-16s we used for the bayonet assault course at Benning.  I think this particular Marine should be lauded for storing actual assault ducks.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 05:58:01 PM »
I thought the article was about the "rubber ducks" or solid rubber M-16s we used for the bayonet assault course at Benning.  I think this particular Marine should be lauded for storing actual assault ducks.

I thought it was about the amphibious vehicle.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 06:05:08 PM »
I thought it was about the amphibious vehicle.

So did I.

Disappointed!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2022, 06:36:56 PM »
I know the Navy still had some DUKWs as late as Sept. 1979.  They used them to haul a bunch of us jarheads a mile offshore at Coronado and then kicked us off.  We had to swim back to shore.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2022, 06:50:10 PM »
I know the Navy still had some DUKWs as late as Sept. 1979.  They used them to haul a bunch of us jarheads a mile offshore at Coronado and then kicked us off.  We had to swim back to shore.

At the Lake of the Ozarks, people had to pay for that experience.

Too soon?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 07:22:15 PM »
Dude,  black guys at swim qual is a very real (and funny) stereotype.

Where did he get ducklings?  I think there was a TSC in Yucca Valley,  but there's *expletive deleted*ck all else near 29 stumps.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 07:23:27 PM »

The post WWII version is the LARC-V

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LARC-V

An XL version is the LARC-LX

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LARC-LX
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 08:57:18 PM »

Where did he get ducklings?  I think there was a TSC in Yucca Valley,  but there's *expletive deleted*ck all else near 29 stumps.

Yeah, I got to experience that first hand. :facepalm: The dipstick damn near drowned me trying to use my head as a float. Then I had to redo the qual swim.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 09:01:05 PM »
Huh.  So they're adding ducks to their current racoon cadre.  Air ops with organic amphibious and expeditionary capability.  I can see why the USMC was keeping this program hush hush, huge strategic implications for the hegemony of the petrodollar.  :cool:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 09:08:40 PM »
The post WWII version is the LARC-V

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LARC-V

An XL version is the LARC-LX

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LARC-LX

They looked similar to the LARC-V, but not quite the same.  I think the navy group that hauled us offshore might have been reservists, but I don't recall for sure.  Reserve orgs always got the oldest crap in the Marines, and I just assumed it was the same for the Navy.  I had finished my hitch in the FMF and was in the active reserves when they took us swimming at Coronado.  Our engineering battalion had flown down from Portland, OR. for some amphib training at Coronado.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 09:10:32 PM »
Yeah, I got to experience that first hand. :facepalm: The dipstick damn near drowned me trying to use my head as a float. Then I had to redo the qual swim.

=D

I had a black roomate from NYC that couldn't swim,  learned,  and then constantly bugged us to go swimming with him.  Guy was like a little kid about the pool.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MikeB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2022, 08:24:15 AM »

You can get baby ducks mailed to you. Baby chickens, geese, pheasant, etc. too. When I’ve done it you have to go get them from local post office, he may have needed to use an off base address. The post office calls you when they arrive to pick them up. Also at least where I live on the other side of the country our local Tractor Supply store sells baby ducks in addition to chickens. I would assume he ordered online or bought at a Tractor Supply or similar. What’s amazing is they weren’t discovered sooner. They are loud and if not cleaned up after daily generate horrific odors.