Author Topic: What browser do y'all use  (Read 2865 times)

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
What browser do y'all use
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2006, 04:31:17 PM »
Quote from: fistful
Tabbed browsing - I have DSL through SBC/Yahoo (guess it's ATT/Yahoo now), and the browser supplied by Yahoo has tabs.  I stated above it was Internet Explorer, but I guess it is not.
Some of the WWW services like Yahoo and MSN have a toolbar that installs into Internet Explorer and gives extra features such as pop-up blocking and tabbed browsing.

I use Firefox because of the tabbed browsing and the built in pop up block and it is faster than IE6 with the above add-ins. If as someone posted IE7 is faster, I may try it after it comes out of beta.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2006, 05:51:26 AM »
Firefox.  I have no idea why.  IE is supposed to be a magnet for bad thingies, so I installed FF because someone on THR a couple of years ago said it would be a good thing.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2006, 06:28:17 AM »
Quote from: cosine
Firefox user here. It annoys me to no end that I have to use IE to access Yahoo Radio.
Agreed.  I use Firefox exclusively, except for that damned yahoo radio thing.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2006, 07:43:18 AM »
I use Firefox and Thunderbird.
Netscape is a skinned Firefox.
Firefox has a great RSS manager function.
Tabbed browsing is great.

I got fed up with virii, popups, spyware, etc. on IE.  Changed to Firefox and added a decent hosts file and manager (Hostsman // MVPS) and the accumulation of garbage stopped cold.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2006, 09:34:11 AM »
firefox!
what is "skin" &  "opera"?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Iain

• friend
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »
A skin changes the appearance of a program.

www.opera.com
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Dmack901

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2006, 11:15:21 AM »
IE 7

I do however use Firefox for TOR. I used it for a while combined with Tunderbird, but have since moved to a web baised email system for portability reasons.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 07:41:20 PM »
well I downloaded opera, thanks...I can not understand how it's easier then firefox...it is different...
I do not compute "skin"
changes the appearance of a program? ...huh?...I guess Ihave a lotta learning to do!
and to think...I have some people thinking I know alot about computers.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 07:57:27 PM »
Firefox.  I like the built-in FTP functions for my webserver.

Opera got a bit glitchy for my tastes.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"