Author Topic: Nip this in the bud: Airliner hacked through inflight entertainment system.  (Read 6784 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
 I sleep on commercial airliners because I know it's one of the safest ways to travel ever invented.

So do I, but only because it's so boring.

I prefer to drive myself to wherever I need to go. That way, even if I fall asleep, it's not boring!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
I sleep on commercial airliners

Me too. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
I am sure if the vast majority of people only traveled on roads in buses, there would be fewer vehicle accidents also.  Not a good comparison unless you want to talk about everyone with a driver's license flying including daily commutes and trips to the store.

I don't think that's a fair comparison either.  I can't imagine that the collective of private pilots (minus those who fly corporate jets) fly anywhere near the collective number of miles nor hours that commercial aviation flies.
When comparing accidents per flight hour, commercial aviation blows away private aviation.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dogmush

• friend

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Me too.  

Very glad I had just put my water down before reading that.

Honestly, I sleep on airliners once we are in the air. I'm well aware the most dangerous times are landing and take-off.

I'm also well aware those are still safer than driving, but my logical brain still loses out the emotional on the illusion of control you have in a car.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought