Author Topic: Gun magazines and gear websites  (Read 3974 times)

erictank

• friends
Re: Gun magazines and gear websites
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 09:22:38 PM »
Save your money and your eyesight. I used to subscribe to most of them. They just got suckier and suckier, and I let the subscriptions die out as they expired. The last to go was Shooting Times. They held on a bit longer than the others, but they finally succumbed to mediocrity combined with idiocy, just like all the others.

I may re-up for Shotgun News. haven't quite decided. I let it lapse about three years ago, but I find that I occasionally miss it. None of the rest are worth reading. None.

SGN is not nearly as good as it was several years ago. I subscribed recently, having gotten a good deal. I will not be renewing. May still be worth it from a professional or commercial perspective, but I'm not sure I can speak with any credibility there.

Gun Tests is good, IMO.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 07:11:11 PM »
I'll have to find Gun Tests. I don't recall seeing it around here.
Thanks Eric.

Shooting Times is a likely candidate. Thx Stetson. And good to see you around here!

I'm going to have to contact some of these magazines and see if they have any stats on their subscribers. I want to reach women shooters, but that's proving to be a tough segment to find. And somehow I don't see Ladies Home Journal or Cosmo placing an ad for women's shooting gear.  :mad:

America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 07:15:02 PM »
You're a word weasel, ought to pitch some freelance writing to SWAT and some others.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2013, 07:30:38 PM »
"Women who shoot" are a small market. Maybe try to get their attention by going though the men in their lives. Something like, "Men, do you want your wife/girlfriend to enjoy shooting with you?" for an article.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2013, 08:16:29 AM »
Thanks Eric.

Shooting Times is a likely candidate. Thx Stetson. And good to see you around here!

I'm going to have to contact some of these magazines and see if they have any stats on their subscribers. I want to reach women shooters, but that's proving to be a tough segment to find. And somehow I don't see Ladies Home Journal or Cosmo placing an ad for women's shooting gear.  :mad:

Garden and Gun. My wife loves that magazine.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 12:21:08 PM »
Thanks Eric.

Gun Tests will probably not be what you're looking for.  They accept no ads.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »
Soldier of Fortune
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!