Author Topic: What did the President know and when did he know it?  (Read 24251 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: What did the President know and when did he know it?
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
I heard heard over the weekend someone say there was an AC130 gun ship in the area ready to go in for support, but was not allowed.  I don't know who said it or how accurate that is.

I heard the same.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2012, 05:56:04 PM »
Also, I think it would nearly always be wise to err on the side of overreaction when dealing with many of these majority Muslim nations.  The leadership of these nations seem to respect strength more than being nice. 

this^^^  a thousand times!

caligula is quoted as saying "if they are going to hate you add a lil fear to it"

it would make folks more likely to inform on terrorists and less likely to harbor them
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »
Do you think the people who don't know about Benghazi are the same people that watch debates?

Also, your comment assumes that I am defending Romney's strategy. That would be incorrect.

I wasn't assuming that.  But Romney doesn't need a foreign policy "record" to criticize the events of Benghazi any more than you or I do.  That said Obama's foreign policy experience is, to me, a catalogue of negatives with the one exception of Osama Bin Laden and that one was, well, odd and, for some, suspect.  Obama's "smart diplomacy," carried on under the skirts of Hillary, Susan Rice, and Samantha Power, has proven to be smart only if you are rooting hard for the Muslim Bro'hood and a Pan-Islamic Caliphate.  Perhaps Romney is wise to emphasize by omission, but even if that is politically correct it is morally bankrupt.  "Politics" is what got us here; it won't get us out of here, not even Romney's politics.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »
I sometimes wonder if the ambassador might have done something to piss off Obama and got Uriah'd

Other people are starting to ask the same question (without the biblical reference)
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/display.aspx?p=37144547&pg=3

The word "treason" gets used way too much.  I think this might rise to the constitutional definition.  (if only someone would investigate it)

[voice="Hank Hill"]Does wanting to see Obama go down in history as the first American president to be executed make me a racist?[/voice]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:06:36 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2012, 03:13:46 AM »
Well that was an interesting read.  [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2012, 06:56:23 AM »
IMO, Obama is doing more to sink himself with inconsistent responses amid the various leaks.  Also, there really is almost no hard information aside from released emails.  Romney would need to walk a fine line.  I think he is better off letting them hang themselves for now at least. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »
It's not Romney's job to "get" Obama on Benghazi.  The press and Congress have the obligation to investigate and inform the American people.  The former won't do it *cough* Candi Crowley *cough*, and the latter are only beginning (but being in recess for the election makes that job hard, although REP Chaffetz and a few others are asking hard questions by the President is not answering.

We do know that:

1. American forces were not ordered to assist.
2. The NCA was getting a real-time feed of the events.
3. A cover story of protesters and a youtube video was floated out by the Administration and the President himself.
4. Abuse of power in the arrest of a person associated with the aforementioned video.
5. Refusal of the President to answer any questions about Benghazi.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »
Thomas Sowell has a devastating article today about the cover-up.  Without even getting into the "stand down" controversy, he makes clear his opinion that Obama is a con man who is just trying to buy time:

http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2012/10/30/cooling_out_the_voters
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
Looks like the Washington Times is now repeating the current rumor about General Carter Ham being relieved.

http://times247.com/articles/is-a-general-losing-his-job-over-benghazi

• friends
« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
and hes retiring

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2012, 08:15:25 PM »
and hes retiring

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/robbins-report/2012/oct/29/general-center-benghazi-gate-controversy-retiring/

Yes he's retiring. And yet he (the General) still hasn't just come out and said "no, I wasn't fired, I'm leaving on my own volition." It's always been some "source" or "insider" or "representative" from the government who has made different claims. And then there's still the issue that, according to Congressman Chaffetz in speaking with General Ham, the General stated that he was not requested to send in any force. This stands in stark conflict with SecDef Panetta's statement that Ham was part of the decision making to not send anyone into Benghazi.

Rep. Chaffetz talking about his discussion with General Ham

Oh what tangled webs we weave, when we practice to deceive.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2012, 02:38:42 AM »
http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com/video/bing-west-on-the-record/

Obama: "I immediately told the military to do whatever they needed to do to save our people."

Panetta: "Gen. Ham, Gen. Dempsey and myself decided not to do anything."

Dempsey: *no comment made*

Ham: "I received no instruction to send in our people."

Petreaus: "I never told our people to stand down."

When the music finally stops quite a few people are going to be without chairs.  :mad:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 02:45:16 AM by kgbsquirrel »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2012, 04:24:40 AM »
When the music finally stops quite a few people are going to be without chairs. 

In a just world that would probably be true.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2012, 07:39:41 AM »
In a just world that would probably be true.

In our world, they all join Jamie Gorelick at Sallie Mae or Freddie Mac for a couple million dollars per year as a reward for their service to the country the President their party and party leader.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #115 on: October 31, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »
It's clear that the Obama position - aided by the media - is to delay and obfuscate at least until after the election.

Some theories that are being bandied about now . . .

1. We didn't want to send in forces as it would undermine Libyan sovereignty.

2. They hoped the Ambassador would be captured, not killed, so Obama could be a hero and exchange him for some prominent terrorist.

3. We couldn't identify enemies during the attack. (Looks like a trial balloon - all an AC130 needs to know is where OUR people are.)

4. Someone wanted the Ambassador dead.

Here's an interesting quote, coming from John McCain - it seems the gloves are coming off as the story unravels:

Quote from: John McCain
"The president is either engaged in a massive cover-up deceiving the American people or he is so grossly incompetent that he is not qualified to be the commander-in-chief of our armed forces,"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #116 on: October 31, 2012, 09:29:07 AM »
Here's an interesting quote, coming from John McCain - it seems the gloves are coming off as the story unravels:
"The president is either engaged in a massive cover-up deceiving the American people or he is so grossly incompetent that he is not qualified to be the commander-in-chief of our armed forces,"

It's a good thing we have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #117 on: October 31, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »

Irony cat is ironic.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #118 on: October 31, 2012, 10:53:28 AM »

Yeah, I might just vote for him out of pique at the GOP for not selecting Ron Paul Fred Thompson Herman Caine Michele Bachman some other dood as their candidate.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #119 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:28 AM »

:O I had to look that up. I do NOT remember him saying that. :O
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »

:O I had to look that up. I do NOT remember him saying that. :O

No?  My wife and I yelled at the TeeVee for several minutes.  I would have thought you heard that hollering.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2012, 11:44:24 AM »
Yeah, I might just vote for him out of pique at the GOP for not selecting Ron Paul Fred Thompson Herman Caine Michele Bachman some other dood as their candidate.
  :facepalm:  That would truly be an evil thing to do.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2012, 12:12:13 PM »
In our world, they all join Jamie Gorelick at Sallie Mae or Freddie Mac for a couple million dollars per year as a reward for their service to the country the President their party and party leader.

Unfortunately, this is more than likely...
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2012, 11:11:25 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/31/exclusive-us-memo-warned-libya-consulate-couldnt-withstand-coordinated-attack/#ixzz2Aw4EFeI3

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/glenn-beck-to-media-outlets-sitting-on-damning-benghazi-emails-release-them-or-be-exposed/

Consider posting some profanity to express my current mental state, but I figure you guys already know what it is in relation to this, so I'll just stick to posting links of updated info.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2012, 09:34:44 AM »
Video of the Benghazi Attack

http://www.examiner.com/article/benghazi-video-of-consulate-attack-surfaces-on-youtube-video

It appears the footage first aired in Al Jazeera television and re-aired on Sky News. However, none of the major television networks in the United States have aired the video.