Author Topic: Food and pain  (Read 3234 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Food and pain
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
pssstttt seeker.....Ladysmith threw shoes......MrsSmith throws lead.....

big difference...

been nice knowin' ya.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 01:56:34 PM »
A vegetable? Maybe that imported, farm-raised, preservative-laden garbage you get in TX is, but not wild Georgia shrimp. Not even remotely close.

As to my taste in beverages, I am a girl and therefore completely entitled to be girly. I drink Becks or Heineken or the occasional Corona. I will confess to switching to Miller Lite for a week or two if I start to edge toward the 115 lb mark because the girlish figure must be maintained. Whiskey of choice is Jameson, straight or at most with one ice cube. Also like a good blend on occasion. I drink Kettle in my Bloody Mary's (with my own special mix and never after 1200 hrs) and dirty martinis, any rot gut tequilla will do for a margarita but that's infrequent, and I like a nice snifter of B&B after dinner around the holidays when it's colder outside.

And what does the 11 y.o. girl consider a manly beverage?  ;/ This should be good...
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »
Sorry to disappoint but my freezer full of prime venison, beef and pork is in no danger of going to waste. Besides it is just the little freezer filled up so far the 25 cu ft unit is still empty.

Since I do the majority of the fancy cooking it will just last longer.

I was hoping to grill some pork steaks this evening but with the heat we've been having I don't know if I can get the grill down to a good cooking temp no matter how big a fire I build in it.

I may have to settle for another bacon, tomato and bacon sammich. Probably switch it up and use Arkansas bacon tonight.

Might go all out though and through together a little eggplant Parmesan with sausage (All ingredients except the cheese from my land) since I'm probably cooking in the house anyway.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »
Ordinarily I try to watch what I eat. Sometimes, though, my wife plays tricks on me.

Take this evening, for example. She made her usual extra-delicious spaghetti, and just left it in a pot on the range top, knowing I'd see it, smell it and probably eat some of it. She also cunningly left a pot of water on the range, with a container of noodles on the counter adjacent.

Very cunningly, she put a 14" deep plate at the top of the stack of lesser plates in the cabinet. I was tricked--tricked, I tell you--into filling that plate from edge to edge and nearly two inches high with noodles and the fabulous sauce. Tomatoes, portabella mushrooms, spicy sausage...who could resist?

Then came the really devious part. She left two pieces of chocolate fudge cake in a package on a nearby counter, knowing full well that I can't resist chocolate.

And now I'm in pain. I know she did this intentionally to keep me awake all night with my stomach about to burst.

She's simply evil.

sorry if this has been posted and i missed it, not a good day. =|

but, next time have some of this stuff in the house. and feel no pain. >:D [popcorn]

you'll have to learn how much to take, depends on how much you ate. to much and you won't do it again. >:D

edit: forgot the form, or you could go for the jagermeister. >:D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 01:32:15 PM by sanglant »

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2011, 03:36:42 PM »
Thank $diety it comes in capsule form.  I thought you were suggesting that the spikey thing be applied to where it hurt. :O

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
:laugh: :'( :lol: