Author Topic: Subservient chicken - how does this work?  (Read 1940 times)

DJJ

• friend
Subservient chicken - how does this work?
« on: December 04, 2005, 10:27:41 AM »
http://www.subservientchicken.com/

The "chicken" will do simple actions on command, but not everything. This can't possibly be a guy just standing there in a chicken suit reading what people are typing, real time.

I'm beginning to think they just thought of as many different actions as they could, and filmed them. If you type "surf the web", he just does a surfing mime action. If you type "leave the room for thirty seconds", he walks out and back in immediately.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 10:57:08 AM »
Yes, you can see the video clip change when you type a command.

Thikn of it this way.  There are thousands of people on that site at once.  How would he be doing only what you want him to do, if there were a guy standing there?
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 11:27:28 AM »
That's why I say it can't possibly be.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 11:51:31 AM »
I read an article about it a year or so ago (whenever it first appeared).  The creators (an ad agency hired by Burger King) had the actor respond to any non-obscene commands they could think of and made video clips of them.  If you give it a command that is not in it's "library", it'll wag it's finger at you in a dissaproving manner.

Chris

grampster

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 11:55:20 AM »
This is omniscient chicken.  Pesonally, I like my chicken broasted.

Slightly off topic but did you hear about the couple that ordered Chicken Surprise at the local Oriental restaurant?  Well the waiter sat the pot onto the table and the lady reached over to lift the top off when it suddenly lifted up and she saw two beady eyes looking at her.  Then the lid dropped down.  She cried out "Did you see that?" and her husband said, "See what?"  She said "Lift up top and look at our food."  He reached over to lift the lid and it suddenly lifted up and he saw two beady eyes looking at him.  The top just as suddenly went back down.
He called the waiter over and asked what in the world was going on.  The waiter asked. "What you order?.  The husband said "Chicken Surprise."  The waiter said, "So Sorry, I make mistake.  I bring you Peeking Duck."
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Felonious Monk/Fignozzle

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 12:31:17 PM »
Telling to masturbate and telling it to laugh both get the wagging finger of disapproval.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 12:31:38 PM »
I bring you Peeking Duck.
Didn't you use that joke in another thread recently? Tongue

Chris

grampster

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2005, 12:33:41 PM »
Hey, I'm old.  We tell things over and over and over and over and....what was I talking about again?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

DJJ

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2005, 12:34:41 PM »

onions!

esheato

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2005, 06:34:42 PM »
If you tell the chicken to "do yoga," he does the downward facing dog...bwahaha....

Ed

grampster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2005, 07:38:40 PM »
Awww.  He won't do the Hokey Pokey.  He just runs around in circles.  Tried to get him to Limbo and he just stood there like a drumbstick and didn't do anything.  heh.