Author Topic: For all you pit bull lovers  (Read 11614 times)

jim in anchorage

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: For all you pit bull lovers
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 09:22:44 PM »
Any largish dog can do that.  That case is more an issue of an asshat that didn't control his dogs than any particular breed.  Yeah, pits are more likely than some breeds, but only because of how so many are raised and treated.

Note: I'm not a pit bull owner, and probably won't ever own one.
Formerly sumpnz

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 09:46:08 PM »
Some negligent jackass let his pets kill a woman?  What does that have to do with people who own pitbulls? 

My AR hasn't ran off and shot up any movie theaters or schools,  should I be worried about it?  ;/
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

jim in anchorage

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 09:47:57 PM »
Any largish dog can do that.  That case is more an issue of an asshat that didn't control his dogs than any particular breed.  Yeah, pits are more likely than some breeds, but only because of how so many are raised and treated.

Note: I'm not a pit bull owner, and probably won't ever own one.
I disagree. Pit bulls are bred to kill. Look how massive it's head and jaws are in proportion to it's body. A St Bernard bites me I get punctures. A pit bull can tear [and will]  my leg off.

jim in anchorage

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 09:55:15 PM »
Some negligent jackass let his pets kill a woman?  What does that have to do with people who own pitbulls? 

My AR hasn't ran off and shot up any movie theaters or schools,  should I be worried about it?  ;/
Can your AR hop a fence? Wander down the street looking to kill? Really poor analogy.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 10:04:02 PM »
Can your AR hop a fence? Wander down the street looking to kill? Really poor analogy.

My Hereford hasn't done any of that,  though perfectly capable.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

jim in anchorage

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 10:08:24 PM »
My Hereford hasn't done any of that,  though perfectly capable.
Can we keep this serous?

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 10:17:46 PM »
Pit bulls can potentially do more damage when they bite than many dog breeds.  But their probability of biting is directly correlated to how they are raised and treated.  Remove thug owned dogs from the calculations and pit bulls are not remarkably more likely to bite than many other breeds that are considered far less scary.  The problem is asshats that own dogs (yes, including but not limited to pit bulls), not the breed itself.
Formerly sumpnz

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 10:20:08 PM »
I disagree. Pit bulls are bred to kill. Look how massive it's head and jaws are in proportion to it's body. A St Bernard bites me I get punctures. A pit bull can tear [and will]  my leg off.

Ever had a saint bernard go postal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 10:21:25 PM »
Can we keep this serous?

It might be more fun to keep it "Sirius"
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 10:23:55 PM »
I would be a "pit bull lover" but Rottweilers are better kissers! >:D
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »
I disagree. Pit bulls are bred to kill. Look how massive it's head and jaws are in proportion to it's body. A St Bernard bites me I get punctures. A pit bull can tear [and will]  my leg off.

I beg your pardon?

http://www.vetstreet.com/dogs/american-staffordshire-terrier-american-pit-bull-terrier

I would have agreed with you if you had said that many owners train them to be both dog- and human-aggressive, or that many owners provide no training or discipline.

Have you looked at how many maulings are committed by Yellow Labs?  That fuzzy lump is responsible for more bites per capita than pits.

As for the specific idjit in question - I have a feeling the sentencing guidelines are what puts the low end on the time he was sentenced to.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 10:26:23 PM »
Can we keep this serous?

No.  Because people like you will be my headache the next time someone's ill treated Labrador mauls a busload of preschoolers.  Vilifying the breed is bloody ignorant.

Take this to facebook if you're after a bunch of retards to validate you.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 10:40:15 PM by Andiron »

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: For all you pit bull lovers
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 10:34:42 PM »
Are you serious or ignorant?  A st bernard is a molossus type dog descended from the roman war dogs.  One of them could literally dismember you.  They are bigger and stronger than any pit bull by a factor of two or more.  Molossus type dogs have also been trained to guard and kill over the years.

The lesson is that any large predator can potentially kill or maim a human.  And if people are going to keep them they-people and animals-need to be properly trained.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

jim in anchorage

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »
No.  Because people like you will be my headache the next time someone's ill treated Labrador mauls a busload of preschoolers.  Vilifying the breed is bloody ignorant.
So you feel a rattle snake is no more dangerous then a garden snake? It all depends on the owner?  

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 10:49:00 PM »

Also their wagging tales can inflict pain and frequently they will pin you to the couch as they like to cuddle.

On a side note, a high school buddies family had two Great Danes they used to let run free in their yard and adjacent woods. One time the dogs came back to the house with a bloody deer leg! They weren't very friendly dogs, I never cared much for them.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 10:51:25 PM »
So you feel a rattle snake is no more dangerous then a garden snake? It all depends on the owner?  

We're into venomous canine territory now? 

Please.

Are you trying to get curbstomped by the legions of common sense?

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 10:52:44 PM »
Can we keep this serous?

Nope. This is APS. Thread veer is mandatory.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

jim in anchorage

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 10:54:01 PM »

Take this to facebook if you're after a bunch of retards to validate you.
Yah I see labs do this all the time http://news.yahoo.com/100-million-symbolic-judgment-entered-dog-attack-case-171916419.html

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 10:57:28 PM »
Yah I see labs do this all the time http://news.yahoo.com/100-million-symbolic-judgment-entered-dog-attack-case-171916419.html

Again,  take it to Facebook if you want validation.  That's the only source of concentrated stupid that will get you the answer you seem to want.  

jim in anchorage

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 11:05:11 PM »
Also their wagging tales can inflict pain and frequently they will pin you to the couch as they like to cuddle.

On a side note, a high school buddies family had two Great Danes they used to let run free in their yard and adjacent woods. One time the dogs came back to the house with a bloody deer leg! They weren't very friendly dogs, I never cared much for them.
In your Disney world they like to cuddle. In real life they are inbred killers.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 11:18:54 PM »
Jim, I gotta think you've had some real-life event that's affected your rationality.  You okay?
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 11:24:41 PM »
In your Disney world they like to cuddle. In real life they are inbred killers.

:rofl:

My best friend has had pits since 1982, four dogs over the years.

My sister and her pit lived here with me for years.

Pit Bulls raised as family dogs love to cuddle. In fact even sitting next to you they will lean in hard against your leg or plop their head in your lap.

They are dogs, really freaking strong and powerful dogs. Bad owners often make bad dogs and sometimes a dog is just bad, regardless of breed.

Stop it, you're just embarrassing yourself.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 11:30:42 PM »

You are massively ignorant on this subject.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.