Author Topic: LAPD cop gone rogue?  (Read 38820 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: LAPD cop gone rogue?
« Reply #150 on: February 09, 2013, 01:35:51 PM »
To summarize.....

Dorner = Hitler
LAPD = Stalin
California citizens =Poland

.....any questions?

Sure, if poland spent decades voting for and empowering asswipes who were responsible for Stalin.

I have very little sympathy for Californians as a whole. The majority of them are directly responsible for the CF that is california
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #151 on: February 09, 2013, 01:37:55 PM »
Poland...Venezuela...Cuba II...who's quibbling?

Meanwhile, the Occupation Legislature in Sacramento is having the time of its life.  I hear the mission system is coming back as of the next general election.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #152 on: February 09, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »
The LAPD certainly has their share of incidents.  I have a relative that was a police captain who was fired for excessive use of force.  I have no problem with that action other than he was not fired due to the actual excessive force, but rather because the department and county was being sued for excessive force.  There is an important difference and one that the people should take notice of.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #153 on: February 09, 2013, 02:59:53 PM »
Sure, if poland spent decades voting for and empowering asswipes who were responsible for Stalin.

I have very little sympathy for Californians as a whole. The majority of them are directly responsible for the CF that is california

Can't really argue with that.....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wacki

• friend
« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2013, 03:26:00 PM »
This is kind of wow...

One Facebook page is proclaiming Dorner for president. “We propose electing a man who could no longer sit idly by and watch as malicious tyrants abuse the innocent.”

The description on “We Are All Chris Dorner” chillingly says, “Yes, this is war.”  Nearly 3,000 people like the page “I Support Christopher Jordan Dorner.”

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/02/08/support-growing-for-former-l-a-officer-accused-of-killing-spree/

Wonder how many people used their real facebook account to "like" the page.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #156 on: February 09, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »
FYI, the suspect's truck is a black Nissan Titan. NOT a metallic blue Toyota Tacoma.  :facepalm:

looks like this one

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/279350/slide_279350_2074688_free.jpg?1360368705000
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #157 on: February 09, 2013, 05:41:20 PM »
We have gone from the antihero to the anti-anti-anti-anti-antihero.  Dorner is like the people in the Occupy Wall Street movement: half romantic, half insane.  He is a pop-culture hero in a pop culture that is aimed at 11 year olds.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #158 on: February 09, 2013, 05:49:47 PM »
I can do plenty of lulz at the cops exposing their own incompetence by shooting asian ladies

Weird...Dorner shot and killed one asian lady, the LAPD shot two. I know there are many asians in California, but what are the odds of that happening?

Wasn't there another truck fired upon by a suburban PD? Have they said who was in that truck?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 08:30:45 AM by adively »

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #159 on: February 09, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »
Weird...Dorner shot and killed one asian lady, the LAPD shot two. I know there are many asians in California, but what are the odds of that happening?

Wasn't there another truck fired upon by a suburban PD? Have they said who was in that truck?

i know we all look alike but i don't think they are asian   the last 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Lee

• friend
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2013, 05:54:48 PM »
Gotta love this - The second incident was in Torrence

"At that point, a driver in another pickup truck that look similar to Dorner’s drove toward them on Flagler Lane near Beryl Street. Officers, suspecting it was Dorner, purposely collided with the truck and shot at him.The driver wasn’t hurt, avoiding bullets that had ripped through his windshield.

“I heard some man yell at somebody and I saw this argument on the street,” said Ana Filova, a woman living in her car near Dominguez Park.

Filova said she heard someone yell “cuffs” and then heard two shots, followed by a pause and a third shot.

“I said, `Mama Mia, that’s gunshots,” she said. “I was scared. I was shaking from fear.”

Torrance police Sgt. Chris Roosen said the officers were unhurt. He thanked the driver for cooperating in the investigation."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2013, 06:43:35 PM »
Torrance police Sgt. Chris Roosen said the officers were unhurt. He thanked the driver for cooperating in the investigation."

An innocent person being shot at and having their truck rammed by cops normally might encourage them to cooperate.   :facepalm:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2013, 07:49:25 PM »
If I lived there or was staying there right now, I would be way the heck more concerned about the rogue cops than the rogue ex-cop.

For one thing, there are thousands of cops and only one of him so the chances of being hurt or killed by cops are far greater.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »

If by "cooperating" you mean he didn't return fire, I can understand your gratitude. I wouldn't expect much more "cooperation" if you keep acting like the Keystone KGB....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2013, 11:32:34 PM »
If by "cooperating" you mean he didn't return fire, I can understand your gratitude. I wouldn't expect much more "cooperation" if you keep acting like the Keystone KGB....

Hey, I come from the Keystone state. We hold our kops and KGB to higher standards than the LAPD.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:06 AM »
i know we all look alike but i don't think they are asian   the last 2

I heard that  two Asian ladies were shot by the LAPD while delivering newspapers.
A big problem CA has is giving the drivers test in both Cantonese and Mandarin, Vietnamese and other Asian dialects without requiring the driver to understand English, I've tried to explain to Asian woman drivers in CA that the "right turn only" sign means they they turn right and not run me off the road - it was a huge chore, they never understood a word I said and I had to avoid them because they were just freaking clueless.

The cops ordered the two Asian ladies to stop and were shot at after they ignored the cops, probably because they had no idea that a manhunt was on and no idea what the cops were saying.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2013, 03:28:20 AM »
I heard that  two Asian ladies were shot by the LAPD while delivering newspapers.
A big problem CA has is giving the drivers test in both Cantonese and Mandarin, Vietnamese and other Asian dialects without requiring the driver to understand English, I've tried to explain to Asian woman drivers in CA that the "right turn only" sign means they they turn right and not run me off the road - it was a huge chore, they never understood a word I said and I had to avoid them because they were just freaking clueless.

The cops ordered the two Asian ladies to stop and were shot at after they ignored the cops, probably because they had no idea that a manhunt was on and no idea what the cops were saying.

Does this mean that the cops could see they were two older Asian women (and ostensibly that they were tossing newspapers out the window as they slowly rolled past each house) and they still treated them with an ROE suited to an allegedly unhinged murderer? Also how did they "order them," did they have a dude waving hand signals, a guy pointing a rifle at them, a cruiser with flashing lights and siren?

And this still begets questions regarding the other "mistaken identity accident" where the cops announced themselves by ramming a guy off the road and then trying to shoot him through the windshield. Did that fellow "ignore the cops"?

I've seen folks breach the security line on the water at Naval Station Norfolk back in 2003 when we were honestly rather trigger happy, and they were regarded with greater self-restraint than the LAPD has demonstrated in the last few days.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2013, 08:09:58 AM »
Cops will be cops. Thinking themselves above the law as a uniformed military service. Will the 2 jack offs that shot the Asian ladies face criminal action as they should?  No. And that's all you need to know about LAPD and the general thinking in LE circles
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith says the department's Chief Charlie Beck met with the women in their Torrance home Saturday to apologize and tell them he had arranged for someone to donate a new pickup truck.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Newspaper-Delivery-Women-Shot-in-Torrance-to-Get-New-Truck-Courtesy-of-LAPD-190568921.html
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #169 on: February 10, 2013, 09:35:05 AM »
I will say this. NONE of us here know jack about the two shootings of the vehicles/drivers. So how about we all calm the hell down and see what shakes out when more info becomes available? Yall are always quick to crucify cops after OIS incidents (like the cops that shot the guy in the wheelchair...when it turned out he was trying to actively kill one of the LEOs using a knife). Im not defending or attacking the officers involved in the two shootings just yet, lets see what the rest of the story is. After all, the media is always so accurate and informative, especially with "breaking news"...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #170 on: February 10, 2013, 09:36:27 AM »
LAPD Cmdr. Andrew Smith says the department's Chief Charlie Beck met with the women in their Torrance home Saturday to apologize and tell them he had arranged for someone to donate a new pickup truck.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Newspaper-Delivery-Women-Shot-in-Torrance-to-Get-New-Truck-Courtesy-of-LAPD-190568921.html

I dunno HT sounds like a pure JBT to me...

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #171 on: February 10, 2013, 09:41:04 AM »
I dunno HT sounds like a pure JBT to me...

He wouldn't be doing it if his guys hadn't completely and utterly screwed the pooch.

I really don't see how there could be any mitigating information not in evidence.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2013, 09:45:29 AM »
He wouldn't be doing it if his guys hadn't completely and utterly screwed the pooch.

I really don't see how there could be any mitigating information not in evidence.

My point is we do not know.

At least  they are trying to make amends. There isnt a way to truly compensate for what happened to the people but its a lot better than saying "screw them" and doing nothing

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #173 on: February 10, 2013, 09:52:11 AM »
Paid administrative leave? What a *expletive deleted*ing joke

If it was soldiers in Afghanistan, they'd be looking at a court martial

And people wonder why folks are cheering for dorner
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #174 on: February 10, 2013, 10:05:17 AM »
Paid administrative leave? What a *expletive deleted* joke

Paid administrative leave is universal SOP in an officer involved shooting while the investigation is conducted.