Poll

What will win the presidency in 2020?

Donald Trump
Joe Biden
Someone... else?

Author Topic: Who will win in 2020?  (Read 34556 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Who will win in 2020?
« Reply #400 on: November 04, 2020, 12:27:48 PM »
Hopefully the first pebble of an avalanche. Stay tuned.

It Appears There Was a Major Vote Counting Error in Arizona
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2020/11/04/it-appears-there-was-a-major-vote-counting-error-in-arizona-n2579447

How long before someone puts up that Kosh meme?

A lot of the affluent areas (Paradise Valley and Scottsdale) had poll workers telling people to vote with sharpies, and the tally machines don't count sharpies correctly.  It's assumed these are right-biased voters that have had their votes (temporarily?) nullified.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #401 on: November 04, 2020, 12:28:55 PM »
The Hill
@thehill
·
21m
Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar: "There are still millions of ballots to be counted."

Why is it Madam Secretary FL, TX, NY, CA, OH counted millions of votes in a matter of a handful of hours and you're taking days?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 01:00:35 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #402 on: November 04, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »
A lot of the affluent areas (Paradise Valley and Scottsdale) had poll workers telling people to vote with sharpies, and the tally machines don't count sharpies correctly.  It's assumed these are right-biased voters that have had their votes (temporarily?) nullified.

Sharpiegate
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #403 on: November 04, 2020, 12:40:13 PM »
We lost one if not two seats in the senate if I am not mistaken. You have a lot more faith in the Republicans in the Senate than I do.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2020/11/04/the-libs-wasted-80-million-trying-to-defeat-cocaine-mitch-n2579334

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #404 on: November 04, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »
Trump campaign statement on Wisconsin

“Despite ridiculous public polling used as a voter suppression tactic, Wisconsin has been a razor thin race as we always knew that it would be. There have been reports of irregularities in several Wisconsin counties which raise serious doubts about the validity of the results. The President is well within the threshold to request a recount and we will immediately do so.”

- Bill Stepien, Trump 2020 campaign manager

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #405 on: November 04, 2020, 12:59:30 PM »
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2020/11/04/the-libs-wasted-80-million-trying-to-defeat-cocaine-mitch-n2579334

I can only imagine what they spent on the pile of mail I got, sometimes two or three mailings a day for the past month. Plus they lit my phone up with texts.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #406 on: November 04, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »

I wonder if they use the same type of machines my state uses. In past election, there was a special pen at each station where voters filled out their ballot. This election, the stations all still had the sign that says "USE SPECIAL PEN" -- but there were no special pens, because of COVID-19. I have no idea if my vote could be read or not. However, this state is solidly blue and has been for decades, so my vote didn't matter, anyway.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #407 on: November 04, 2020, 01:44:21 PM »
This election is so 2020
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #408 on: November 04, 2020, 01:52:26 PM »
We really need to know who the Murder Hornets voted for.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #409 on: November 04, 2020, 01:56:49 PM »
We really need to know who the Murder Hornets voted for.

Epstein did not sting himself
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #410 on: November 04, 2020, 01:58:57 PM »
Philip Melanchthon Wegmann
@PhilipWegmann
·
1m
Trump Campaign: "We have filed suit today in the Michigan Court of Claims to halt counting until meaningful access has been granted."
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #411 on: November 04, 2020, 02:03:04 PM »
It looks like Trump is up in Michigan:

https://mielections.us/election/results/2020GEN_CENR.html

???

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #412 on: November 04, 2020, 02:07:44 PM »
It looks like Trump is up in Michigan:

https://mielections.us/election/results/2020GEN_CENR.html
Why are the official numbers so different from all the news/compilation site numbers?  That site is showing 1.5 million fewer votes than other sites reporting on Michigan votes.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #413 on: November 04, 2020, 02:08:26 PM »
Per the Washington Post, exit polls show Trump getting 12% of the black vote...

Come to think about it, Biden's "If You Don’t Vote for Me, ‘You Ain’t Black’" gambit worked out for him after all.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #414 on: November 04, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
Why are the official numbers so different from all the news/compilation site numbers?  That site is showing 1.5 million fewer votes than other sites reporting on Michigan votes.

Yep, looks like old numbers.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #415 on: November 04, 2020, 02:11:20 PM »
So going by the current decision desk hq map, Biden=227, Trump=214. If we give Trump the projected red win states of PA, NC, and GA, that brings him to 265.

Without either WI, MI, or NV flipping from projected blue to red (they are very close, so it's possible), or finding out about really weird stuff in AZ and it going red, Trump would be done.

From the same map, all Biden needs are the currently projected in his favor states of WI, MI, NV, and AZ to just go to him, and he has 271. No red state flipping needed.

Without at least one currently projected blue state flipping, Trump can't win. I do hope a state flips. The way it looks, this senate will pass any gun control measure brought to them by a vote or two, and of course Biden will sign. The liberal R senators might vote against things like tax increases or more free stuff, but if you think someone like Susan Collins will vote against mag bans or AR bans in some form with Biden or Harris as president, I have a bridge for sale.

Again, going by decision desk. YMMV with other maps.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #416 on: November 04, 2020, 02:14:29 PM »
CNN analyst wants Trump prosecuted for ‘crimes against democracy’ for daring to question the count
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #417 on: November 04, 2020, 02:19:16 PM »
Reports: County clerk in Michigan reviewing ‘apparently skewed result’ that may have given Dems thousands of votes intended for Trump & John James
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/11/04/reports-county-clerk-in-michigan-reviewing-apparently-skewed-result-that-may-have-given-dems-thousands-of-votes-intended-for-trump-john-james/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #418 on: November 04, 2020, 02:26:27 PM »

Bronson Stocking | Nov 04, 2020 2:20 PM est

ABC has removed Arizona from a Biden win to "No Results."
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #419 on: November 04, 2020, 02:29:31 PM »
Well, I have no idea what is happening.

I guess that is better than I felt this morning... maybe?   ???

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #420 on: November 04, 2020, 02:53:53 PM »
So going by the current decision desk hq map, Biden=227, Trump=214. If we give Trump the projected red win states of PA, NC, and GA, that brings him to 265.

Without either WI, MI, or NV flipping from projected blue to red (they are very close, so it's possible), or finding out about really weird stuff in AZ and it going red, Trump would be done.

From the same map, all Biden needs are the currently projected in his favor states of WI, MI, NV, and AZ to just go to him, and he has 271. No red state flipping needed.

Sounds familiar...
 :angel:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #421 on: November 04, 2020, 02:55:20 PM »
The NYT is now reporting that Wisconsin went to Biden, and the current numbers are Biden 237 and Trump 214.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #422 on: November 04, 2020, 03:24:13 PM »
https://apps.npr.org/elections20-interactive/#/president

Associated Press just called Arizona for Biden.  Biden 248 and Trump 214.  

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #423 on: November 04, 2020, 03:28:51 PM »
https://apps.npr.org/elections20-interactive/#/president

Associated Press just called Arizona for Biden.  Biden 248 and Trump 214.  

AP had called Arizona pretty early this morning.  As of 1526 EST the AP still hasn't called NV, MI, PA, NC, GA, or AK, nor the race itself.  If we are going by their "calls" both outcomes are still possible.

Queue the recounts and lawyers that we all knew were coming anyway.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #424 on: November 04, 2020, 03:33:32 PM »
Queue the recounts and lawyers that we all knew were coming anyway.

In another thread, AZ called out the money spent on marketing in the campaign.  I see a lot of lawyer billable hours in the future! And the expensive Washington DC type lawyers.