Author Topic: Prepare for President Trump  (Read 31605 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Prepare for President Trump
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2016, 11:11:49 AM »
You know, its not too late for you to surrender.  

To the Limeys?

Better to self-destruct as free-ish men.

Not that the idea doesn't have merit.

D'you think the Her Majesty would have us back?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2016, 11:16:19 AM »
To the Limeys?

There is Canada.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2016, 11:18:44 AM »
There is Canada.

I hear they are going to build a wall to keep us out.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2016, 11:19:14 AM »
Quote the whole paragraph:
Further on:
I have made calculations/estimations for Trump, Cruz, Clinton, and Sanders on various issues and thought out a few moves ahead of the immediate contest.  The decision tree and probabilities I assign push me toward a vote for Trump, which I did at 0715 this fine morning.

If you define likely as "more than 0.50 probability" then no, I do not think Trump will likely run a conservative gov't.  Cruz's probability is also less than 0.50.  We, the American Nation, are not in a position to demand 50% chance of success.  Hoping for such favorable odds is delusional.  I recall the Dr Mann line in The Martian:
The Trump candidacy has resulted in the best odds we've had in decades.  

Thank you for clarifying. Though I believe I understand your position, based on Trump's near-complete ideological incoherence, I honestly have no idea what he is going to do. He may or may not build a wall, and he may or may not protect american jobs. Even worse I don't think that he knows either. He has all the hallmarks of a man who is making sh1t up as he goes along.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2016, 11:45:41 AM »
If trump win the nomination, a big government liberal turd wins either way. I'd rather the person who further brings our country down to have a 'D' after their name than an 'R.'

I know.  I was just rephrasing the Republican mantra from 2012 and 2008.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2016, 12:20:43 PM »
Even worse I don't think that he knows either. He has all the hallmarks of a man who is making sh1t up as he goes along.

In other words, he's still a normal candidate for public office.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2016, 01:06:28 PM »
To the Limeys?

I am sure she would, especially if we vote to leave the EU. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2016, 01:24:10 PM »
If anyone thinks Trump has any chance of being elected President, please look at this:

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/188936/trump-negative-image.aspx

60% of the public has an unfavorable view of Trump.

From Gallup:

"Most political and media commentators have at this point installed Donald Trump as the GOP front-runner on the eve of the first actual voting set to begin on Monday in Iowa. But this narrative tends to obscure the fact that Trump is the most unpopular candidate of either party when the entire U.S. population is taken into account -- and that he has a higher unfavorable rating than any nominated candidate from either of the two major parties going back to the 1992 election when we began to track favorability using the current format."

Trump is so despised by the general public he cannot win the election.

Oh, and Cruz's unfavorablity rating is 37%.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2016, 01:28:15 PM »
I hear they are going to build a wall to keep us out.

. . . and make us pay for it.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2016, 01:41:25 PM »
I expect a President Trump to have twice-a-day press conferences, until he gets bored with the whole thing. The media's constant hand-wringing about everything he says or does will be exhausting.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »
I expect a President Trump to have twice-a-day press conferences, until he gets bored Bankrupts with the whole thing. The media's constant hand-wringing about everything he says or does will be exhausting.

Fixed dat.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2016, 02:17:23 PM »
I expect a President Trump to have twice-a-day press conferences, until he gets bored with the whole thing. The media's constant hand-wringing about everything he says or does will be exhausting.

Trump bored with people paying attention to him?

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2016, 02:44:12 PM »
In other words, he's still a normal candidate for public office.

Exactly. But Cruz is anti establishment, he can save us. He is the one. According Rafael Cruz, God ok'ed Ted to run.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/29/liberal-blogs-went-after-rafael-cruz-for-saying-that-god-sent-ted-cruzs-wife-a-sign-that-he-should-run-for-president-heres-his-explanation/
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2016, 03:20:00 PM »
Exactly. But Cruz is anti establishment, he can save us. He is the one. According Rafael Cruz, God ok'ed Ted to run.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/02/29/liberal-blogs-went-after-rafael-cruz-for-saying-that-god-sent-ted-cruzs-wife-a-sign-that-he-should-run-for-president-heres-his-explanation/
So are you upset that they prayed for guidance or that they are serious about their Faith?    

How many times do you think Trump prayed at all in the same time period? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2016, 03:34:16 PM »
I am sure she would, especially if we vote to leave the EU. 

I've heard crazier ideas.

Some of them are in this thread.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2016, 03:52:51 PM »
If anyone thinks Trump has any chance of being elected President, please look at this:

http://www.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/188936/trump-negative-image.aspx

60% of the public has an unfavorable view of Trump.

From Gallup:

"Most political and media commentators have at this point installed Donald Trump as the GOP front-runner on the eve of the first actual voting set to begin on Monday in Iowa. But this narrative tends to obscure the fact that Trump is the most unpopular candidate of either party when the entire U.S. population is taken into account -- and that he has a higher unfavorable rating than any nominated candidate from either of the two major parties going back to the 1992 election when we began to track favorability using the current format."

Trump is so despised by the general public he cannot win the election.

Oh, and Cruz's unfavorablity rating is 37%.

Come on, now, you're leaving out the fun parts of the story.

Hillary Clinton currently has a 52% unfavorable rating among all Americans...
"Trump Hillary is so despised by the general public he cannot win the election."

Yet, she is likely to be the DemPOTUS candidate.

Hillary, once the media starts actually asking her questions, will increase her negatives.  If she debates Trump, it will be the Varsity hockey team vs the special ed class.

"I'll take 'Immovable Object vs Irresistible Force' for $1000."

Bill Clinton's highest unfavorable rating in the 1992 election was 49%...
And he went on to beat that Bush like a red-headed stepchild.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2016, 03:58:16 PM »

And he went on to beat that Bush like a red-headed stepchild.

Bush deserved it. He was the worst of the Bushes in terms of elitism, and by far the least conservative.

Barack Obama

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2016, 04:03:39 PM »
Bush deserved it. He was the worst of the Bushes in terms of elitism, and by far the least conservative.

On that we agree, 100%.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »

Trump's plan to halt immigration and deport illegals ought to be enough for anybody, IMO.

Which may be utter crap and really BIG LIE.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/609309/new-york-times-reportedly-offtherecord-audio-potential-donald-trump-bombshell
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2016, 04:28:01 PM »
Believing anything he says is laughable.

But croney capitalist funding establishment for decades part of the doner class he now claims to hate hopey changey make America great against and stuff!
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2016, 04:35:34 PM »

http://theweek.com/speedreads/609309/new-york-times-reportedly-offtherecord-audio-potential-donald-trump-bombshell

Well, we know for certain that Cruz will go full-Judas on Christians being slaughtered in the ME for the sake of 30 peices of silver his campaign donors' priorities and cash.  And that he has no problem lying to his Christian supporters for the sake of donors heavy in the pocketbook but light in the loafers.

Anyone who places their faith in any policritter is a fool.  Best one can do is calculate the odds of a policritter acting upon particular eventualities by weighing how that may or may not boost their (the policritter's) own interests.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2016, 04:43:15 PM »

Trump never intends to do any of things he's told republicans he would do.
He's just a big government liberal who understands and is able to pass the Ideological Turing test with the voters.

Before he even entered the race, I've heard or read where he's made statements to this effect- something like he bet his liberal friends that he could fool republicans into voting for him by acting as an extreme caricature of a republican. I'm trying to find a link, but its going to take awhile... buried under thousands of pages of trump spam on google from the last year.

I just feel like I'm waving my arms screaming 'Danger' as motorists pass and head toward a broken bridge.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »
Well, we know for certain that Cruz will go full-Judas on Christians being slaughtered in the ME for the sake of 30 peices of silver his campaign donors' priorities and cash.  And that he has no problem lying to his Christian supporters for the sake of donors heavy in the pocketbook but light in the loafers.

Anyone who places their faith in any policritter is a fool.  Best one can do is calculate the odds of a policritter acting upon particular eventualities by weighing how that may or may not boost their (the policritter's) own interests.

LOL. I don't think there are any Christians left in Iraq and Syria, they've all been pretty much been slaughtered since obama took office.

Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2016, 04:52:47 PM »

Getting tired of the whole, "The blind fool Trump supporters are angry, but I am making decisions based on logic & principle."  Hooey.  For my own part it was a rather grim calculation, as it has been for many others.  And for those who have made their decision based 100% over the national question, love of country, and anger at the worst ruling class America has ever had--good for them.  We could use more of such sentiment.  For such sentiment is what real cultural change is made of.

GOP, outside the base, is the modern, progressive left.  They, like many marxist front organizations, put on a mask for their base (Boob Bait for Bubba) and then go about their open borders, "free" trade, cultural marxism, and whatever else their "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" donors tell them they want.

If you want to keep characterizing what I'm saying about the desperate fed up people as calling all of them (you) "stupid" more power to you I guess. That's not what I'm saying. I'm pointing out in the broad sense what an abject cancer the Left has been for America in most things, and in the narrow sense, what a failure the Right has been in opposing the Left to make someone like Trump viable as a candidate.

I won't debate all the other points, but if you're going to characterize free trade as a plank of the Left, you're screwed up politically to the point that I believed we're doomed to be debating at cross-purposes for eternity. Trade protectionism under FDR lengthened the Great Depression 2 to 3 times longer than it needed to be.

And yes, if it comes to Trump or Hillary, I'll hold my nose (tightest I ever have) and will vote for him. For all his faults, I think he kinda-sorta likes America and wants it to succeed, because it means he succeeds. Even if his policies.. whatever those may actually be, will or won't help those ends in the least. I can't say the same for Obama, Hillary, and someone as Leftist as Bernie by definition does not like America, no matter what he says or even if he thinks he does.

If I have to, I'll take the risk that "Trump's failure as POTUS will be pinned on the GOP forever, or a generation.." or whatever it is some are worried about. Despite my desires and ideals, I play Realpolitik even if it means choosing the least evil of the candidates. If the people en masse are choosing these least-evil candidates, trying to stand on principle and "do something about it" is beating back the damn ocean with a spoon. Third Parties, the Libertarians etc. won't actually ever happen at a significant level unless there's a sea-change to make it happen.  Some 2% showing for Gary Johnson that's now up to 3% this time around or whatever isn't going to make that happen.

So as always, I'm forced into voting for "less screwed", however I do admit Trump could surprise me. He may govern to the Right, once he has the reins of power, and the explanation that all of his previous Leftist positions and affiliations are all just "playing the game" that he had to do in NYC etc. is true.

The odds are heavy in favor of that not happening, but I guess it's a non-zero chance.  =|
I promise not to duck.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
LOL. I don't think there are any Christians left in Iraq and Syria, they've all been pretty much been slaughtered since obama took office.

They started getting killed in job lots under GWB.  Cant blame it all on BHO.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton