Author Topic: Paging Preacherman...  (Read 4287 times)

Paging Preacherman...
« on: December 22, 2005, 07:04:55 AM »
Disclaimer: This List was sent to me, I am not responsible for content. Yes, paybacks are gonna be hell. *grin*

--

Puns

1. Two antennas met on a roof, fell in love and got married. The ceremony wasn't much, but the reception was excellent.

2. A jumper cable walks into a bar. The bartender says, "I'll serve you, but don't start anything."

3. Two peanuts walk into a bar, and one was a salted.

4. A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

5. A man walks into a bar with a slab of asphalt under his arm and says: "A beer please, and one for the road."

6. Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this taste funny to you?"

7. "Doc, I can't stop singing 'The Green, Green Grass of Home.'"
"That sounds like Tom Jones Syndrome."
"Is it common?"
"Well, It's Not Unusual."

8. Two cows are standing next to each other in a field. Daisy says to Dolly, "I was artificially inseminated this morning." "I don't believe you," says Dolly. "It's true, no bull!" exclaims Daisy.

9. An invisible man marries an invisible woman. The kids were nothing to look at either.

10. Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

11. I went to buy some camouflage trousers the other day but I couldn't find any.

12. A man woke up in a hospital after a serious accident. He shouted, Doctor, doctor, I can't feel my legs!" The doctor replied, "I know you can't - I've cut off your arms!"

13. I went to a seafood disco last week...and pulled a mussel.

14. What do you call a fish with no eyes? A fsh.

15. Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says "Dam!".

16. Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.

17. A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of the office and asked them to disperse. "But why," they asked, as they moved off. "Because", he said, "I can't stand chess-nuts boasting in an open foyer."

griz

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 07:48:25 AM »
This is going to get ugly.

A termite walks in to the saloon and says is the bar  tender here?
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

TarpleyG

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 08:03:30 AM »
A three legged dog walks into a saloon, right? He walks right up to the bartender and he says, "I'm lookin' for the man who shot my paw!"

grampster

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 08:28:52 AM »
A horse walks into the bar.  Bartender says, "Why the long face?"

PS:  Are we having pun yet?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 09:14:21 AM »
Punny, very punny...

Or as we used to say in biology class, "That was all moss fungi!"
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Typhoon

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 10:24:05 AM »
Yikes!!!

I totally blew past sm's #17 on the list and submitted this one.  

Yah!!!

Sorry, Steve.  Next time I will pay the price and READ all of them...  

And one (somewhat) for the Holidays...

A group of chess enthusiasts checked into a hotel and were standing in the lobby discussing their recent tournament victories. After about an hour, the manager came out of his office and asked them to disperse. But why? they asked, as they moved off. Because, he said, I can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer.

C'mon Preacherman...We're waiting...
To the stars!

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 10:36:33 AM »
Ham and cheese sandwhich walks into a bar.

Bartender says, "Hey, you, I don't serve food here!"
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

LawDog

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 10:49:17 AM »
Oh, what the hell.

Two vultures board an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The stewardess looks at them and says: "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one carrion allowed per passenger."

Two boll weevils grew up in South Carolina. One went to Hollywood and became a famous actor. The other stayed behind in the cotton fields and never amounted to much. The second one, naturally, became known as the lesser of two weevils.

Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during the root canal? He wanted to transcend dental medication.

A woman has twins and gives them up for adoption. One of them goes to a family in Egypt and is named Ahmal. The other goes to a family in Spain; they name him Juan. Years later, Juan sends a picture of himself to his birth mother. Upon receiving the picture, she tells her husband that she wishes she also had a picture of Ahmal. Her husband responds, "They're twins! If you've seen Juan, you've seen Ahmal."

These friars were behind in their belfry payments, so they opened up a small florist shop to raise funds. Since everyone liked to buy flowers from the men of God, a rival florist across town thought the competition was unfair. He asked the good fathers to close down, but they would not. He went back and begged the friars to close. They ignored him. So, the rival florist hired Hugh MacTaggart, the roughest and most vicious thug in town to persuade them to close. Hugh beat up the friars and trashed their store, saying he'd be back if they didn't close up shop. Terrified, they did so, thereby proving that Hugh, and only Hugh, can prevent florist friars.

And, my personal favorite:

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him:

...rimshot...

A super callused fragile mystic vexed by halitosis.

LawDog

SADShooter

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 11:05:30 AM »
OH...MY..GOD...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

280plus

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 11:11:55 AM »
So a Rabbi visits the land of the Trids. When he gets there he notices that all the Trids were lined up bent over and the King Trid was kicking them all in the butt one after another right down the line. When he questioned his guide about this the guide replied that it was considered good luck by the Trids to get kicked in the butt by the king. The Rabbi say's, "Well, you can never have enough good luck. Is it alright if I get in line and get kicked too?" The guide looks at him, laughs and says, "Silly Rabbi, Kicks are for Trids!"

Then there was the guy who went on Safari deep into the jungle in search of the rare and elusive Foo bird. Before he sets out his guide warns him, "If the Foo bird craps on you whatever you do DON'T WIPE IT OFF!!" So naturally they find a flock of Foo birds and one of them does in fact take a dump all over him. Without thinking he begins to wipe it off and propmtly keels over and dies on the spot.

The moral of the story?

"If the Foo shits, wear it!"

agh agh agh...

Stickjockey

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 11:15:23 AM »
An unemployed guy with no arms was walking along when he spotted a sign outside the local church: "Wanted: Bell ringer. Good wages, boarding included." He walks in and asks to speak to the Deacon.
"I'm glad you came to me, but I'm not sure I can help you," says the Deacon. "You see, our bell is the old fashioned type and rung using ropes to swing it. Without arms, I think it'd be a hard row to hoe."
"No, I can do it. I've done the job before; let me show you." The man seemed determined, so up they went to the belfry where the Deacon watched as the man suddenly made a dash for the bell, slamming full-force into it with his head. Shocked, the Deacon grabs the guy. "Sir, theis is crazy! Do you expect that I'm going to let you endanger yourself this way every day? I'm sure that with the help of the congregation, we can work something out for you other than this!"
"No no, it's okay.. See, I'm just fine." And off he went at the bell again. this time, though, he missed and went hurtling out the window to his death five stories below.
The Deacon, shocked at this turn of events, came rushing downstairs and outside, where a crowd had gathered around the now-deceased armless man. The usual murmur ensued, until a policeman arrived. "What happened here?" the cop asked, abnd the Deacon gave him a full report. "Did you know him?" asked the cop after the particulars were taken. "No," said the Deacon. "But his face rings a bell."
APS #405. Plankowner? You be the judge.
We can't stop here! This is bat country!!

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 11:44:12 AM »
This thread is like a train wreck. You know it's going to be bad but you have to look.

280plus

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2005, 12:03:08 PM »
This thread is like a train wreck. You know it's going to be bad but you have to look.
LMAO...

garrettwc

• friend
  • Tell me what I want to know and the pain will stop
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 12:15:28 PM »
I'm amazed Law Dog could post something that long and not mention armadillos. Tongue

Typhoon

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2005, 12:40:10 PM »
Time to redeem myself - or not...

And yes, it is a BAD BAD joke...

It was the night before Christmas when Santa Claus's sleigh team became one member short because of a sudden illness, and when an inflatable plastic reindeer was used to fill the void in the team so no one would take notice the missing animal, Regis, Chief of Elves, asked Santa, "Is that your vinyl Prancer?"
To the stars!

USP45usp

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2005, 02:13:16 PM »
Ain't that the truth.  I'll be back tomorrow to read any other posts Cheesy

Wayne

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2005, 02:28:26 PM »
Quote from: garrettwc
+1

bratch

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 03:29:43 PM »
Did you hear about the baby seal that walked into a club?

280plus

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 03:52:21 PM »
Quote from: bratch
Did you hear about the baby seal that walked into a club?
DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! shocked

Brian Williams

• friend
  • I want one of these
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 04:38:18 PM »
2 guys walked into a bar

the rest ducked
Brian
<><
:)

LawDog

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2005, 05:05:20 PM »
Stickjockey started it, I'll end it:

The following day, despite the sadness that weighed heavily on his heart due to the unfortunate death of the armless campanologist, the deacon continued his interviews for the bellringer. The first man to approach him said, "I am the brother of the poor, armless wretch who fell to his death from this very belfry yesterday. I pray that you honor his life by allowing me to replace him in this duty."
The deacon agreed to give the man an audition, and as the armless man's brother bent down to pick up a mallet to strike the first bell, he groaned, clutched at his chest and died on the spot. Two cops, hearing the deacon's cries of grief at this second tragedy, rushed up the stairs to his side. "What has happened?" the first asked breathlessly. "Who is this man?"

... rimshot ...

"I don't know his name," sighed the distraught deacon, "but he's a dead ringer for his brother."
One night a woman opened her front door to find a huge cockroach on her door step. Before she had time to react, it pushed her over and ran off. Next night, the cockroach appeared again and kicked her hard on her shins. On the third night, it bit her on the hand.
The woman became very distraught at this and went to see her Doctor. "Oh, yes" said the Doctor "I've heard there's a nasty bug going around"

Lost on a rainy night, a nun stumbles across a monastery and requests shelter there. Fortunately, she's just in time for dinner and is treated to the best fish and chips she's ever had. After dinner, she goes into the kitchen to thank the chefs.
She is met by two of the brothers. "Hello, I'm Brother Michael, and this is Brother Charles." "I'm very pleased to meet you. I just wanted to thank you for a wonderful dinner. The fish and chips were the best I've ever tasted. Out ofcuriosity, who cooked what?" Brother Charles replied, "Well, I'm the fish friar." She turns the other brother and says, "Then you must be...?"
"Yes, indeed, I'm the chip monk."

A missionary couple were captured by some decidedly unfriendly natives, tied together with a long piece of leather and left dangling over a large cliff. That evening, the natives danced and chanted around the campfire and as each member passed the leather strap holding the unfortunate missionaries, he gave it a whack with a stick, causing it to weaken a bit more. As the chanting grew louder and louder, the husband looked at his wife romantically and said, "Listen darling. They're fraying our thong!"

Back in one of the old Chinese dynasties the towns had gongs that would be rung every two hours: At 8am once, 10am twice, noon thrice, 2pm four times, etc. The lawyers of the day would stretch out the trials as much they could to make more money. But the judges became extremely bored with the status quo and went to the emperor, getting a proclamation that all trials would have to be concluded at 2pm.
Thereafter all trials ended with a four-gong conclusion.

Somebody stop me!

LawDog

thebaldguy

• friends
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2005, 05:19:19 PM »
This thread is rotten...ok...my turn...

A grizzly bear walks into a bar and asks for a beer. The bartender says, "sorry, I can't serve you".

The grizzly bear says, "why not?"

The bartender says, "read the sign on the wall".

The bear reads the sign. It says:

NO SHIRT!

NO SHOES!

NO SERVICE!

The grizzly bear says, "what's the problem?"

The bartender says, "YOU HAVE BEAR FEET!!!

sorry...I apogolize...

grampster

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2005, 07:03:57 PM »
I'm having chest pains.....someone call 911.

sm:  I hereby revoke your title as Sothrin Gentleman.  You are, sirrah, a scoundrel, through and though; a Son of Michigan; a troll from under the bridge.

Do I have an amen?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2005, 07:52:55 PM »
grampster,

I posted a Disclaimer - didn't ya read it?

'Sides, cannot revoke me being a Southern Gentleman. One of them "Inalienable Rights" Thing-a-ma-jigs.

I am a Rebel. I earned that distinction. Right proud of it too.

tick- Rebel
tick- Outlaw
tick- Rouge
tick- Desperado
tick- Well you get the idea. Always been a place for folks like me - always will be.

Now for the educational part:

What is a pun?

In Italian, 'puntiglio' means "a fine point," hence a verbal quibble, and is most likely the source of the English "punctilious."

A pun is defined by Webster as "the humorous use of a word, or of words which are formed or sounded alike but have different meanings, in such a way as to play on two or more of the possible applications; a play on words."

grampster

• friend
Paging Preacherman...
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2005, 08:07:03 PM »
I failed to note the amen, sm, my friend.  Tongue