Author Topic: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!  (Read 18446 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: GLOBAL WARMING ==> CLIMATE CHANGE ==> GLOOM & DOOM !!!!!
« Reply #200 on: April 06, 2024, 07:51:04 AM »
And not the only one

I experienced my first earthquake in NJ. We never get earthquakes. The climate crisis is real.

The weirdest experience ever.
    — Christina Amira Khalil (@Christina4NJ) April 5, 2024
NJ Senate Candidate on the Earthquake: It's Not the Fault's Fault, It's the Climate Crisis
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp/2024/04/05/nj-candidate-for-senate-blames-earthquake-on-climate-crisis-n2394793
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #201 on: April 06, 2024, 09:41:25 AM »
And not the only one
NJ Senate Candidate on the Earthquake: It's Not the Fault's Fault, It's the Climate Crisis
https://twitchy.com/fuzzychimp/2024/04/05/nj-candidate-for-senate-blames-earthquake-on-climate-crisis-n2394793

I like how in her quote prior to the earthquake she talked about how no candidate that doesn't understand science (in bold letters!) should be put into a position to make laws. In the meantime, her quote here is equivalent to "If we drill holes in their heads, we will release the evil spirits and cure them".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2024, 09:50:18 AM »
Also, from the science side (if you are to give credence to their flawed thesis), with the Earth's water cycle essentially being a closed system, "rising sea levels" are essentially just redistributing the weight of a fixed amount of water over around 0.0001% of the Earth's surface (essentially the continental/marine interface). If that change has some probability of releasing some fault pressure to cause an earthquake, it has an equal probability to stabilize fault pressure and prevent a quake. And again, only over the continental/marine interface.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2024, 05:29:17 PM »
In the meantime, her quote here is equivalent to "If we drill holes in their heads, we will release the evil spirits and cure them".

AKA "trepanation".  Still practiced in some tribal cultures and was used in Europe up into the Middle Ages.

Back in the "dark ages" when I was in college, a geophysical professor showed us evidence that the North American continent had been depressed into the mantle during the "Ice Ages".  Because of that incredible weight, he pointed out that even now, 10,000 years later, the northern parts of the continent were still "rebounding", albeit slowly.  The fractures in the crust that formed when the continent was pushed away from Europe by the forces of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, are also part of what pushed up the Appalachian Mountains.  Quakes on the East Coast also travel further because of the more solid nature of the bedrock as opposed to the softer alluvial strata of the West Coast.  Those softer rocks, frequently sedimentary (shale, sandstone, etc.), absorb the quakes vibrations.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2024, 07:06:09 AM »
 :rofl:

The Babylon Bee Editor-In-Chief Kyle Mann joked, "Gonna have a call with my Babylon Bee writers to figure out how we failed to come up with ‘the earthquake was caused by climate change’ before the libs did."

U.S. Senate candidate goes viral for blaming NY earthquake on climate change, deletes post
https://www.foxnews.com/media/u-s-senate-candidate-viral-blaming-ny-earthquake-climate-change-deletes-post
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 01:45:56 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2024, 01:03:47 PM »
I'm pretty sure I saw this in a TEOTWAWKI movie:

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/04/07/san-francisco-spraying-sodium-chloride-to-combat-global-warming-n2394816

I'm appalled at the hubris of the so-called scientists to just go ahead and do it. They are the same econazis who demand years long environmental impact reports before somebody drills a hole in the ground for oil. Or digs a hole in their backyard, for that matter.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #206 on: April 07, 2024, 01:34:46 PM »

Isn't salt bad for things made of metal?  As in, it causes them to rust?

And I thought it was now "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming".  Or has that changed again?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #207 on: April 07, 2024, 04:34:11 PM »
In a refreshing switch from blaming everything on global warmulating/climate changing, there are now suggestions that Friday's earthquakes in New Jersey may have been caused by the impending solar eclipse:

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/04/05/science/total-solar-eclipse-earthquake.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #208 on: April 07, 2024, 05:09:49 PM »
Or maybe Chris Christie and Lizzo bumped into each other at the desert bar at the buffet trying to get the last slice of cheesecake
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2024, 12:34:32 PM »
Isn't salt bad for things made of metal?  As in, it causes them to rust?

And I thought it was now "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming".  Or has that changed again?
And the rust just causes more corrosion which leads to more mining and metals productions to replace the rusted metal. 

That won't actually affect global warming since it is a myth anyway.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2024, 09:30:57 PM »
 :facepalm:

"The View" co-host Sunny Hostin blamed Monday’s solar eclipse, Friday’s earthquake and the expected cicada breeding season on "climate change."

"All those things together would maybe lead one to believe that either climate change exists, or something is really going on," she said Monday.
The View's Sunny Hostin blames eclipse, earthquake and cicadas on 'climate change'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/the-views-sunny-hostin-blames-eclipse-earthquake-cicadas-climate-change
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2024, 11:03:58 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2024, 07:27:20 AM »
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2024, 06:40:54 PM »
And to continue the stupid when it comes to the moon

Democrat Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee: It's "almost impossible to go near the sun," but the "moon is more manageable" because it's "made up mostly of gases" (it isn't)pic.twitter.com/0t8CPI4QzW
    — RNC Research (@RNCResearch) April 9, 2024

Are they having a contest on saying the stupidest thing of the year?

Only Democrats Can Be This Stupid: Sheila Jackson Lee Says the Moon Is 'Mostly Gases' (Watch)
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/04/09/rep-sheila-jackson-lee-the-moon-is-made-mostly-of-gases-n2394908
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #214 on: April 09, 2024, 07:10:50 PM »
And to continue the stupid when it comes to the moon

Are they having a contest on saying the stupidest thing of the year?

Only Democrats Can Be This Stupid: Sheila Jackson Lee Says the Moon Is 'Mostly Gases' (Watch)
https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/04/09/rep-sheila-jackson-lee-the-moon-is-made-mostly-of-gases-n2394908

That video broke my brain. People actually elected this supermoron, and believe what she said.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #215 on: April 09, 2024, 07:19:00 PM »
Can't wait till she tells us about Uranus
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #216 on: April 09, 2024, 07:22:00 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2024, 08:44:50 PM »
Vying for the Hank Johnson award: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjG958lZ1KI

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2024, 09:04:14 PM »
That video broke my brain. People actually elected this supermoron, and believe what she said.
A few years back, she asked NASA if the Mars probe could see the flag the astronauts planted.  I am not sure which is worse.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2024, 11:33:15 PM »
War is peace
Freedom is slavery
Ignorance is strength

:facepalm: Okay George.  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2024, 07:34:11 AM »
Also, one of Lee's jobs was:

ackson Lee, who once led the House Science Committee’s space subcommittee, made several false statements that stunned a crowd of teenagers at Booker T. Washington High School during Monday’s solar eclipse.

She also responded to criticism by claiming that "Yes, I misspoke and those right wing extremists are making a big deal about it. I meant the sun."  :rofl:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/spaced-out-sheila-jackson-lee-tells-texas-students-planet-moon-made-up-gases

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2024, 07:51:49 AM »
Sheila Jackson Lee Says the Moon Is 'Mostly Gases'
Sheila, with you everything's gas.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2024, 11:19:41 AM »
Y'all a bunch of "foolish thinkers"

Obviously I misspoke and meant to say the sun, but as usual, Republicans are focused on stupid things instead of stuff that really matters.

What can I say though, foolish thinkers lust for stupidity! https://t.co/ABGxUdRqF6
    — Sheila Jackson Lee (@JacksonLeeTX18) April 9, 2024

Coming from someone who's been a never-ending supply of stupidity.
No you didn't misspeak, you repeated it several times.

Sheila Jackson Lee Says Right's 'Lust for Stupidity' to Blame for Mockery of Her Sun/Moon Doozy
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/04/10/sheila-jackson-lee-slams-republicans-for-being-focused-on-stupid-things-like-what-she-said-n2394934
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 11:34:17 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2024, 12:27:04 PM »
Also, one of Lee's jobs was:

She also responded to criticism by claiming that "Yes, I misspoke and those right wing extremists are making a big deal about it. I meant the sun."  :rofl:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/spaced-out-sheila-jackson-lee-tells-texas-students-planet-moon-made-up-gases

Yes, she misspoke (obviously), but she didn't mean the Sun. She mentioned both the Sun and the Moon in her rambling mental dump.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2024, 01:39:30 PM »
Yes, she misspoke (obviously), but she didn't mean the Sun. She mentioned both the Sun and the Moon in her rambling mental dump.

Though the point would be that if she had actually meant the sun, it would be even stupider, since she was saying that humans can live on the moon because of "the gases".