Author Topic: Presidential debate thoughts  (Read 15616 times)

dm1333

• friend
Presidential debate thoughts
« on: October 03, 2012, 10:51:45 PM »
I can't decide the best part.  Seeing the look of annoyance on Obama's face, or the way the geeks on MSNBC are crying about the debate. One thing is certain, the MSNBC bias has never been clearer than it is tonight.   [popcorn]

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Re: Presidential debate thoughts
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 10:55:59 PM »
"Truth Squad." We have well stepped through the looking glass into an Orwellian horror.   :facepalm:

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
Mitt B+

Barak D

I promise not to duck.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »
Somebody on MSNBC just said Obama looked and acted presidential.  Annoyed and petulant was my read, but hey, I'm just an average schmoe.   :laugh:

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:01:07 PM »
I'm watching reruns of Big Bang, after watching reruns of Family Guy for the first hour.  Are the "debates" over yet?
"It's good, though..."

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 11:02:37 PM »
New watchword of liberals.  I just heard it.  It was Bush Jim Lehrer's fault!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »
Transcontinental Railroad?

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 11:06:05 PM »
Didn't watch or listen, but I just saw this quip:

"I've got 5 boys. I'm used to people saying something that's not always true but just keep repeating it and ultimately hoping I'll believe it," he added.
http://thehill.com/video/campaign/260147-aggressive-romney-blasts-obama-for-his-qtrickle-down-governmentq

That's how you debate a leftist. Like lying brats who should be put in their place. (Oh, wait, I guess that's racist.  ;/ )
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 11:07:41 PM »
I'm watching reruns of Big Bang, after watching reruns of Family Guy for the first hour.  Are the "debates" over yet?

Yeah. I can't watch them. I just get angry and end up spending half the night writing letters that, if sent, would probably get me sent to Gitmo, and I have too much to do tomorrow to do it sleepless.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 11:08:21 PM »
Governor Romney did a better job than I expected.  There needs to be stronger moderation, though.  Perhaps they should give Jim Lehrer a Taser.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 11:12:37 PM »
I don't agree with the stronger moderation, the press has been playing moderator for years by not bringing up big issues. 

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23:37 PM »
Considering that Romney is the first viable presidential candidate that Obama has ever debated (thanks for the last 4 years, McCain), Obama didn't suck as epically as I thought.....well, yes he did.

As for Romney.....he won't be the conservative FEDGOV-gutter that we need, but he'll be a lot more small-business-friendly than Mr. You-Didn't-Build-That. Romney's biggest win was that he came across as more classy and personable than Obama. That will count.....

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 11:27:06 PM »
Romney won. He came across as earnest, stood his ground, and was animated at the right times.
Obama struck me as stiff, programmed, and snotty. He lost points for his condescending attitude.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »
The Wife reads Dennis Miller on the twiddlerbook thingy who evidently says something to the effect of "He'd better hope a kicked ass is covered under obamacare."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 12:05:25 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 12:06:11 AM »
Mitt sort of impressed me with his ideas of putting a lot of programs into the hands of the states- he turned out to be only 95% as big governmenty as I thought he was.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »
I also hear that Ezra "Journolist" Klein is going to explain exactly what was wrong with Romney's points tonight.  That should be interesting.

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 12:15:32 AM »
I think Romney did a pretty good job.  He faltered a little with health care, but what he said was believable.  Obama ran on "change" 4 years ago.  Change is coming.  The government needs to be better grounded in reality versus pie in the sky ideals.

I suspect that Obama supporters will make excuses for their man; their vote will not change.  I know my two brothers will still vote for Obama and it is beyond me to understand their reasoning.  Both say they are dissatisfied with Obama, but both are bedded in social issues and feel that they are the most important when it comes to making progress.  Their thinking is that the jobs will come regardless and the progressive agenda will remain as serious gains for the people.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 12:23:48 AM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 12:53:54 AM »
I think Romney did a pretty good job; he did talk a bit too fast and interrupted too often.  He did get his message across.

Obama looked pissed at times, uneasy at others; seemed unable to look at Romney, he spent too much time looking at his notes and/or the moderator.

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 12:57:04 AM »

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Oh, that is just awesome!!!
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 12:58:49 AM »
Obama...spent too much time looking at his notes and/or the moderator not being deported to Denmark.

Fixed.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 01:04:38 AM »
Barry is an investor, we just have to keep on giving our money to him so he can invest with it. Education, green jobs, women! :rofl:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 02:21:11 AM »
I watched about half of the damned thing, alternating between:

-being bored to tears by the lack of contrast between them
-hurling feces at the screen when Romney went 100% communist (cut medicare for the rich, give more medicare benefits to the poor) which stank of "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need."  And won't even put a microdent in the budget shortfall (because rich people comprise a micropercentage of the retired public and even cutting their benefits 100% only engages in feel good class warfare).
-hurling more feces at Stephenopolous for being so blatantly biased (Obama gets first and last say so often).
-hurling more feces at Romney for even being there instead of Ron Paul, who would have created STARK and DECISIVE contrast with our Statist Leader.

Just confirmed my intention to not vote at all.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 05:29:21 AM »
Romney made his points and came out strong and stayed that way through the debate. He did a very good job IMO.

Obama, OTOH, crashed and burned.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.