Author Topic: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC  (Read 26965 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2013, 02:03:45 PM »
I stood on the SOUTH side of the Potomac 3 years ago with Mike Vanderboegh and a few other notables with a rifle in hand and shouted obscenities across the river at the Capitol and the White House. It wasn't terribly smart then, but I was young, and adventurous. That was when we thought Hussein was a one-termer and the issue du jour was mostly Obamacare. In the current environment , legal issues aside, marching across the river would be considered inciting a rebellion and dealt with as such. Probably not as ruthlessly as the Bonus Army, but very efficiently and with little mercy.

I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2013, 09:19:34 AM »
Just seems like an opportunity for Holder to send in a couple BATFEces scumbags as agents provocateuer to incite a violent incident.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2013, 04:03:39 PM »
in the history i learned dc cops killed first 2.

and number 4 was a kid died of enteritis

I guess you could call it that. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Army#U.S._Army_intervention

After the cavalry charged, the infantry, with fixed bayonets and adamsite gas, an arsenical vomiting agent, entered the camps, evicting veterans, families, and camp followers. The veterans fled across the Anacostia River to their largest camp and President Hoover ordered the assault stopped. However Gen. MacArthur, feeling the Bonus March was an attempt to overthrow the U.S. government, ignored the President and ordered a new attack. Fifty-five veterans were injured and 135 arrested.[11] A veteran's wife miscarried. When 12-week-old Bernard Myers died in the hospital after being caught in the tear gas attack, a government investigation reported he died of enteritis, while a hospital spokesman said the tear gas "didn't do it any good."
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

erictank

• friends
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 04:35:03 PM »
Just seems like an opportunity for Holder to send in a couple BATFEces scumbags as agents provocateuer to incite a violent incident.

This, in spades. The little tinfoil-hat conspiracy theorist at the back of my mind is saying that this would be *JUST* what "they" want.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2013, 06:30:08 AM »
http://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/docs/ANC_Visitors_Rules.pdf

Most of what is proposed violates these.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/docs/Carrying_or_Possession_of_Fireams.pdf

And this says firearms in the cemetary are a big no-no.

http://www.nps.gov/nr/travel/wash/dc69.htm

The bridge is owned/operated by NPS, which follows state law in regards to firearms.  But the bridge passes from Virginia to DC at roughly the mid-point of the span.

Just do not see how he can even get to the bridge via ANC without incurring the ire of MPs who will have no sympathy for his "cause" as it will be seen as high disrespect towards the permanent residents of ANC.  If he figures out how to get his crowd to the bridge via the GW Parkway he will be good to go until he gets mid-span.  Then all depends on whether or not Big Sister sees the event as armed insurrection/rebellion/incitement to riot.  Of course there will then be the DCPD response, but my guess is they will be pushed to the back of the bus, so to speak, when forces limne up to stop the march at the DC line.

Kokesh says he will turn back as soon as he encounters opposition.  That may happen as soon as he steps off on the GW Parkway towards the bridge, as there is a "no pedestrians" rule that I'm willing to bet NPS will enforce.

I agree with his complaint but see no way this will be anything but utter fail by a bufoon, and go down in history (if it ever gets there) as just one more example of idiocy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2013, 11:12:32 AM »
I don't think that this is the rude bridge that he is looking for  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2013, 12:42:47 PM »

No need. A crowd of a thousand like that is perfectly capable of providing their own incident, be it an AD/ND, one nut deciding to get bold and pop a round off at a "fed", etc.

Lets put it this way...if you're deciding to pick up a rifle and follow a shady nutty guy into DC you aint all that bright in the first place. In fact, you're likely to be "that guy" who stands around the guncounter rambling about revolution, conspiracies, and espousing firearm myths...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2013, 01:01:07 PM »
And this says firearms in the cemetary are a big no-no.

Sounds like a zombie conspiracy to me.
 [tinfoil]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 08:09:39 PM »
Not a smart idea, and not one I'd participate in, but I hope it succeeds. It would put the bedwetters in hysterics, which would be great fun to watch.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2013, 08:29:34 PM »
I don't think that this is the rude bridge that he is looking for  =|

I see what you did there.

And you're probably right.

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

It's rare for me to put on too much tin foil, but I must also say that my gut says this is too perfect the opportunity for them to pass up....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2013, 09:45:36 PM »
I don't think any agent provocateuring would end up well for them in the long run. Could set off a chain of events that they won't like, at least I hope it would. [ar15]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2013, 10:30:01 PM »
A better idea would be to start an "Open Arms" march in some small midwestern/western city.

Then move around the country finally moving up to some bigger metropoli.

I would organize it myself except I hate crowds  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 01:25:20 AM »
Granted, I don't know what the laws in MD are, but they could probably march/enter from the East side of Capitol Hill.

Although I suppose nobody would notice a bunch of non-LEO's with firearms there. And might kind of belie the point they're trying to make.

On the bright side, the DCPD responds to a bunch of people with guns on the east side, they could all just scatter, and pretend to sell crack and they'd blend right in.
I promise not to duck.

• friends
Re: Re: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 03:39:24 AM »
entering from the east kokesh would not blend in.

he reminds me of lt keifer in the caine mutiny

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2013, 05:27:03 PM »
Aside from it being Kokesh, and thus presumptively stupid and poorly thought out, you never promote an event, particularly an innovative and legally/logistically shaky event, with numbers you can't guarantee. Even if he got 800 the press would quite properly call it a failure.

Underpromise, over deliver is the only way to not look like a loser. Million Mom March is the ne plus ultra.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

birdman

• friend
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2013, 05:34:28 PM »
But the bridge passes from Virginia to DC at roughly the mid-point of the span.

Not that it really matters to the actual point, but the DC/VA boundary is the waterline on the Virginia side, NOT the mid-span point.  (The river was ceded to MD in the VA constitution, and when DC was created, the river became DC jurisdiction, including bridges).

• friends

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2013, 03:38:04 PM »
a real prince   
http://www.drsharonschuetz.com/the-man-behind-the-open-carry-march/

I don't know Kokesh.  I don't have any reason to like or dislike him from personal experience, or affiliating with any event he has ever attended to my knowledge.

But it's very easy to lip-service slander a libertarian or anarchist or minarchist by saying they've associated with marxists or communists or whatever.

Take Ernie Hancock, for example.  Dude doesn't vote at all, because he thinks we're past the recovery point.  He's all about educating the following generation.  Shaping the mindset of the next generation.  Him, Mark Victor, Ed Vallejo, John Laurie, Alma Sommers, a few other folks here in AZ do some big pushes to put the "freedom before order" message out there.

He's had Cindy Sheehan into his home and studio and as a radio guest several times.  Does that make him a raving marxist like Sheehan?  Is Sheehan even a raving marxist, or is she painted into a corner herself?

We search for the right venue for our message, and move on from groups when the message they have doesn't resonate for us.  I used to hang out with the Minutemen and did patrols with them.  A few more years of thoughtful examination on the issue tells me that the State and its excesses are the root of the problem, not the Mexicans.  Quite a few other former "Minutemen" also came away with the same perspective, and found other groups to associate with. 

I won't condemn the guy for getting the pulse of an activist group and walking away once he decides it's not for him.  And if he peels a few folks away from those same groups, who are also looking for something that fits their perspective better... who can fault that? 

Rather than waiting for someone else to start the group that fits his needs, Kokesh is out there and being who he needs to be to represent himself and like minded folks.

But, hey:  this is just stoopid AZRedhawk44 typing this, so it's wrong by default, right? ;)
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »
Not a smart idea, and not one I'd participate in, but I hope it succeeds. It would put the bedwetters in hysterics, which would be great fun to watch.

Not me. I hope it fizzles out without even a pop.

I'd prefer to keep my guns legally should a time come when such activity does have just cause.

This kind of BS behavior only gives the left more material and actual reason to legislate against us.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2013, 07:36:47 PM »
a real prince   
http://www.drsharonschuetz.com/the-man-behind-the-open-carry-march/

I want to read that piece, but she starts off by saying that the rifles will be slung, then claims that the march involves "brandishing" weapons.  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2013, 08:57:49 AM »
I don't know Kokesh.  I don't have any reason to like or dislike him from personal experience, or affiliating with any event he has ever attended to my knowledge.

But it's very easy to lip-service slander a libertarian or anarchist or minarchist by saying they've associated with marxists or communists or whatever.

Take Ernie Hancock, for example.  Dude doesn't vote at all, because he thinks we're past the recovery point.  He's all about educating the following generation.  Shaping the mindset of the next generation.  Him, Mark Victor, Ed Vallejo, John Laurie, Alma Sommers, a few other folks here in AZ do some big pushes to put the "freedom before order" message out there.

He's had Cindy Sheehan into his home and studio and as a radio guest several times.  Does that make him a raving marxist like Sheehan?  Is Sheehan even a raving marxist, or is she painted into a corner herself?

We search for the right venue for our message, and move on from groups when the message they have doesn't resonate for us.  I used to hang out with the Minutemen and did patrols with them.  A few more years of thoughtful examination on the issue tells me that the State and its excesses are the root of the problem, not the Mexicans.  Quite a few other former "Minutemen" also came away with the same perspective, and found other groups to associate with. 

I won't condemn the guy for getting the pulse of an activist group and walking away once he decides it's not for him.  And if he peels a few folks away from those same groups, who are also looking for something that fits their perspective better... who can fault that? 

Rather than waiting for someone else to start the group that fits his needs, Kokesh is out there and being who he needs to be to represent himself and like minded folks.

But, hey:  this is just stoopid AZRedhawk44 typing this, so it's wrong by default, right? ;)

SSssssshhhhhh.  The best thing to do is let CSAD post links demeaning and in his mind discrediting the OP's topic until he tuckers himself out.  Then we tuck him in to bed and he dreams sweet dreams.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
Re: Re: Adam Kokesh planning loaded rifle protest march into DC
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2013, 09:14:37 AM »
kokesh fanbois? hes like david duke for republicans. or jason christ for "the movement". slightly above jt ready and that lady who did the home invasion homicides while heading up the anti mexican group

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

• friends