Author Topic: Having a son  (Read 4993 times)

brimic

• friends
Having a son
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2006, 07:56:28 PM »
I say do it now, only because I cannot fathom the concept of having it done as a yout' or as a man.
Wouldn't be any different than having your tonsils taken out or a tooth extracted.  Remember, pain is just weakness leaving your body. Smiley
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

jamz

• friend
  • bleem
Having a son
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2006, 10:32:40 AM »
I thought I would have it done to my son, because I am circumcised as are all the males in my family.  

When push came to shove though I couldn't do it, I wanted him to stay au-naturale and he could whack off his own junk if he wanted to.

uh....well that came out sounding funny....
Everybody loves Magical Trevor

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Having a son
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2006, 10:01:36 PM »
Thanks to all for the responses so far.  Haven't discussed it any further with my wife yet, but that is more a matter of being too busy to have time for that conversation yet.  We still can't really agree on a name yet either.  I guess we'll need to sort that one out before we get too excited about the circumcision issue.  If push comes to shove that can wait until a week or two after the boy is born.  Name has to be sussed before we go home with him.

WRT 41mag's article link, we're not Jewish (though my boss is a Jewish carpenter Smiley) so that infection issue is a moot point.  Nobody's going to put their mouth that close to his thingy until he's a teenager at least.  And then it'll (hopefully) be a girl's, not some old man's.

Oh, and Lenny, you're camp chair is still in my garage.  I haven't even used it since the Yuma shoot.  Give me a holler the next time you'll be in the Phx area.
Formerly sumpnz

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
Having a son
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2006, 05:14:29 AM »
I will mention that a mohel (someone certified to do ritual circumcisions, not necessarily a rabbi but often so) is preferable to a doctor for this.  This is all they do and a good mohel has done hundreds, maybe thousands of the procedure.  They will do this for non-Jews as well as long as you explain the circumstances.  The Prince of Wales was circumcised by a mohel.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

M14rick

Having a son
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2006, 10:26:32 AM »
I got a physical some years ago, by a younger female phyician. She had evidently not seen a natual guy, since she held onto my thing almost a little too long, while commenting on it!   I can't say being uncircumsized caused me to get STDs, either. I went through that stage of life long before herpes, etc. became so prevalent.

Having a son
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2006, 02:27:04 PM »
Congratulations on your son.  I have one of my own and have a hard time remembering what it was like before him.  

As far as the issue in question goes, I am cut and had no compunction about having my son undergo the second most unkind cut.  Here's a little story to illustrate why....

Neither of my BIL's were cut at birth.  The older of the two started having hygiene problems at about age 3 despite having an LPN mother that was fastidious about making sure he was clean and about teaching himself to clean everything properly.  At age 4 he had to be circumcised and still remembers it to this day.  It was NOT a pleasant experience to hear him tell it.  I won't take the chance of something like that happening to my son.

BTW-  The younger of the two told me recently that his first sexual experience was extremely awkward because the female involved had never seen an uncut man before.  Again, not a chance I want to take with my son's emotional well-being.

W

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Having a son
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2006, 08:46:56 PM »
Well, my wife and I were just going over what to put in the "Grab and Go" bag, and the subject of circumcision came up.  Seems she's decided to save her energy for other battles and has agreed to it being done.  

Now, if y'all can help figure out who to go to for the procedure, and the pro's/con's of each choice, I'd be appreciative.
Formerly sumpnz

Capteddie

Having a son
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2006, 09:04:17 PM »
We had our son Jack (born 1/18/06) circumcised right there at the hospital the day after he was born, brought him home the next day.  Haven't had any problems.
IIRC the insurance didn't cover it because it was elective though.
Congrats to the new son and good luck with the delivery.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Having a son
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2006, 05:30:55 AM »
I can't remember if insurance covers it or not, but we're intending to have him delivered at the Birth Center.  They don't provide any services for circumcision so we're on our own there.
Formerly sumpnz

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Having a son
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2006, 06:11:17 AM »
According to friends with sons, a lot of insurance companies won't cover circumcision.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

brimic

• friends
Having a son
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2006, 06:28:11 PM »
Insurance covered having our son done but it all depends on your insurance carrier. Good luck.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama