Author Topic: stick a fork in him  (Read 19023 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: stick a fork in him
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2011, 11:17:42 AM »
 If he was a Demoncat then, then of course he endorsed Al. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »
A Republican president (and Congress? Can't recall) gave us the TSA which molests children and sexually assaults adults every single day.

For the record, I hate all policritters pretty much definitionally. I only care about whether their choices will move us in the right direction, or just slow our descent. Romney would be, at best, the equivalent of a Washington spending cut: a tiny reduction in the bad that parades as a crusade for the good. We've had that too much, and the country can't take it again. I either want a Pres who will work to roll back the machine, or I want gridlock. No more expanding Medicare and bailouts because the Prez is a squishy "R" so Congress doesn't want to say no.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 03:04:34 PM »
If he was a Demoncat then, then of course he endorsed Al. 

:O ;/ [barf]
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »

:O ;/ [barf]

Al Gore in 1988 would not likely get Al Gore of 2000's or Al Gore of 2011's endorsement and Gore88 would likely reciprocate.

In the Dem field at the time, which included these jokers:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Party_%28United_States%29_presidential_primaries,_1988
Gore was the conservative Democrat.

The Dem candidate who beat Al Gore:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRPZQ3UEN_Q&feature=related

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2011, 09:34:58 PM »
I read a great article (when I get back from a parent meeting at my kids' school I'll see if I can track it down) that did a really good job of explaining why RP was a Donk up until the late 80's or early 90's.  Basically TX was so dominated by the Donks that any politician who actually wanted to be elected had to be a Dem back then, regardless of actual political ideology.  And a Dem NEVER endorsed a non-Dem back then.  Once Reps were electable he made the change. 
Formerly sumpnz

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2011, 11:39:03 PM »
FTR, most our non-urban Dems are relatively sane.  It was Gov Richardson, a Dem, who signed the CHL bill.

Perry has his warts, no doubt, but this is weak tea.  How about his position on illegal aliens & the border?  The TTC?  Gov't school funding formulae?  Those are Perry's real soft spots. 

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2011, 11:12:32 AM »
I thought Governor Bush signed the Texas CHL law. 

Gov Anne Richards is one of the main reasons we got a Republican Gov in Bush.  People didn't like her much.  Then later Bill Clinton's antics turned all the state and federal positions into Republican positions.  Democrats candidates since then have gone downhill from Clinton.

However, even now for local stuff, my home town is still mostly Democrat.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2011, 01:05:37 PM »
I thought Governor Bush signed the Texas CHL law. 

Gov Anne Richards is one of the main reasons we got a Republican Gov in Bush.  People didn't like her much.  Then later Bill Clinton's antics turned all the state and federal positions into Republican positions.  Democrats candidates since then have gone downhill from Clinton.

However, even now for local stuff, my home town is still mostly Democrat.

Well, I'll be dipped in apple butter!  You are right.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

HankB

• friend
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2011, 10:36:14 PM »
Well, I'll be dipped in apple butter!  You are right.
IIRC, the biggest single reason Ann Richards lost is because she opposed allowing Texans to have a referendum on CHL . . .

In any case, I do believe Perry has lost my vote for POTUS . . . he just adamantly defended giving in-state tuition to ILLEGAL ALIENS at Texas universities.  :mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:18 AM »
GAH!

And here's the article supporting my conclusion:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/in_focus&id=8354519

Look, Mr. Perry, allow me to quote another politician:

"...I am concerned about the continuing and seemingly inexorable transfer of authority from parents to the state. Not every human problem deserves a law."

Now, as I've said before, Perry is an acceptable candidate. He's not my first choice, and stuff like this only illustrates his negatives for me. (But he is the best of those running right now.)

And here's the immigration side of that.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-perry-gets-into-immigration-scuffle-with-mitt-romney-and-rick-santorum-at-foxgoogle-debate/

To that argument, Perry replied passionately that “you don’t have a heart” if you don’t feel for the children of illegal immigrants.

Compassionate conservatism.  :facepalm:

Still better than a "moderate" like Romney, but I don't want a leader thinking the role of government is compassion.

I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2011, 09:59:51 AM »
I guess that is the rub with me.  If it is Perry vs Romney, I'll pick Perry any day.  We'll have to see if any of the other candidates make a showing in the primaries.  Some of them are worth my attention.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2011, 12:03:27 AM »
Hey, no Perry-poking from CSD for a while.  Roughly as long as Perry has been taking it in the teeth for Perry's support of taxpayer subsidized tuition at state schools and Perry's lack of seriousness on border security.

Perhaps CSD thinks Perry is Growing In Office, before he even wins?  Perhaps CSD has a Strange, New Respect for Perry?

Frankly, I enjoy seeing Perry taking it in the face on this issue.  He deserves every single smack, especially after his "have no heart" comment.  Maybe Perry will learn something from it (sounds like, "from Mitt").

It looks like the front runners are:
1. A big fat liberal northeastern RINO who claims to be born again hard conservative...who wuvs Social Security
2. A southwestern mostly conservative Republican who describes SS honestly, but is just plain awful on illegals & the border

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2011, 01:16:43 AM »
In any case, I do believe Perry has lost my vote for POTUS . . . he just adamantly defended giving in-state tuition to ILLEGAL ALIENS at Texas universities.  :mad:

He's actually just putting them at the base rate for being smart enough to want to stay.  Out-of-state rates are there to penalize the Americans too stupid to actually move to Texas.

Frankly, I never got the "I must go to an out of state college that's not world-famous in my field" mentality.  I mean, going to MIT for engineering or Harvard for law is one thing, but to just pick a school that's maybe in the top 20 for your field sounds more like hiding from mommy and daddy.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2011, 01:18:39 AM »
The Aggie/non-lawyer deal is just icing on the cake.

So where do you rank inspiring a special edition Ruger and owning a custom LaRue Tactical OBR?

Can you tell he's ex-AF?

(EDIT TO ADD: Besides, that degree in animal science might give him an edge in dealing with Congress.)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:43:25 AM by KD5NRH »

birdman

• friend
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2011, 07:32:42 AM »
He's actually just putting them at the base rate for being smart enough to want to stay.  Out-of-state rates are there to penalize the Americans too stupid to actually move to Texas.

Frankly, I never got the "I must go to an out of state college that's not world-famous in my field" mentality.  I mean, going to MIT for engineering or Harvard for law is one thing, but to just pick a school that's maybe in the top 20 for your field sounds more like hiding from mommy and daddy.

A&M is a mouse's whisker below MIT in nuclear, and is extremely good in other areas.  UT has their choice programs as well.  I've met more aggies I'd hire than MIT folk anyway.  Both schools are in the top 10 or 20 in a wide variety of fields, and worth going out of state for.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2011, 10:14:28 AM »
Hey, no Perry-poking from CSD for a while.  Roughly as long as Perry has been taking it in the teeth for Perry's support of taxpayer subsidized tuition at state schools and Perry's lack of seriousness on border security.

Perhaps CSD thinks Perry is Growing In Office, before he even wins?  Perhaps CSD has a Strange, New Respect for Perry?

Frankly, I enjoy seeing Perry taking it in the face on this issue.  He deserves every single smack, especially after his "have no heart" comment.  Maybe Perry will learn something from it (sounds like, "from Mitt").

It looks like the front runners are:
1. A big fat liberal northeastern RINO who claims to be born again hard conservative...who wuvs Social Security
2. A southwestern mostly conservative Republican who describes SS honestly, but is just plain awful on illegals & the border

nah just trying to be nice since texans are sensitive >:D
plus i am trying to digest ron paul becoming more and more palatable to me, and thats not easy
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I