Author Topic: "Repealing and replacing ObamaCare"  (Read 6983 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: "Repealing and replacing ObamaCare"
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »
Eliminate insurance entirely, both public and private. Insurance has eliminated relative value entirely from the health care system, and remains the only hugely profitable part of it. It's nothing but a ponzi scheme. A doctors visit or a triple bypass should have a fair market value, like anything else.

This.

Augmented by:

Back in the olden days it was "Medical Insurance"  It covered you going to the hospital.   For whatever reason.  Need to see the family doc because junior has the sniffles.  Then break out the checkbook, office visit $25, pay the cashier on the way out.  He'll be fine in 2 days.   I distinctly remember my mom paying for office visits.

this.

Ain't no such thing as a free lunch.  Doctors aren't slaves.

You REALLY want your doctor's office and hospital to have the institutional cleanliness and efficiency on par with Child Protective Services, the Welfare Office, or the Post Office?  I don't.  I want some disgustingly rich guy with LOTS of money to have oppulent and clean furnishings, with state of the art equipment, to be sawbone-ing on me.

And I'll pay what it takes to get that.

If that means my [insert X procedure here] costs me the same as a financed new car over 5 years, then so be it. 

I won't let a doctor whose office looks like the local DMV even touch me.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
Re: "Repealing and replacing ObamaCare"
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »
People don't want to pay for what they get.  They have "better" things to spend their money on.  Ask anyone under 40.  Create a society that believes they are entitled to the wealth of others, or, in the case of medical practicioners, the labor of others, and this is where you eventually end up.

If we are going to give "free" medicare to the underclass and illegals compel them to provide free-of-charge services--they and their families--in return.  There is a lot of baloney about "we're all in this together."  I don't remember anyone in the underclass coming to visit/help my mother when she was elderly.  No doubt there were kids with free time, on the dole, who could have made her life easier or just provided companionship.  If we're going to have "one nation" there has to be responsibility and accountability and connection.   It is all just talk, a smokescreen.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.