Author Topic: Phone cases? (I'm so lame)  (Read 1191 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Phone cases? (I'm so lame)
« on: January 31, 2022, 11:00:29 PM »
I hoped to never see this day, but I'm afraid I need some kind of belt-mounted phone holster.  :facepalm:

My new cell phone is so gargantuan it doesn't fit in the leg pocket of some of my jeans. So I'll have to embrace my inner dork, and do this.  =(

I was thinking something like a pancake style, just for the solidity of the design. Anyone know a maker that does this? Thanks.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Phone cases? (I'm so lame)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 11:08:41 PM »
I've had a fair amount of luck with various flavors of Otter Boxes over the years.  Used them on a couple of iPhones my former employer forced me to use.  Also had them on a Samsung S8+.  All were available with belt clips.  Some had pivoting belt clips that allowed for super dorkiness.
Dorkiness aside, all the Otter Boxes did a good job of protecting their respective phones, even under harsh use.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Blog under construction

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 06:25:14 AM »
For any of you who might have a pacemaker, do not stick your cell phone in your left shirt pocket.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 07:15:38 AM »
I won't buy a phone if I can't comfortably carry it in my left front jeans pocket.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2022, 08:08:53 AM »
I've had this one for my last two phones:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z7TEFZA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

The phone armor is on 100% of the time. The holster is mostly used in warm weather when I'm doing work around the farm. For going to town or whatever, I usually just put the phone in a pocket somewhere since I'm not doing a lot of bending and stuff. In jacket weather the phone just goes in my jacket.

I guess holsters are only dorky depending on where you live. I used one a lot at work because I had two phones, and plenty of people made jokes. Around here, in warm weather pretty much every farmer, rancher, and working stiff uses a phone holster. But it's definitely a rural thing - you don't see many in the city.

The one I linked to is plain black. They don't make the version I have anymore, which I think is pretty cool: It's camo armor (the holster is still black), but there is a "hunter orange" line all around the edge of the armor which has kept me from "losing my phone in plain sight" numerous times without being some gaudy, standout color.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 08:17:34 AM »
I have used various NiteIze phone holsters for years: https://niteize.com/mobile/phone-holsters

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 08:37:30 AM »
Got this one for my S20 FE. Cost me all of 5 bucks at the time. Was lucky to catch it during a special.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WZ5NVZ8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2022, 08:59:24 AM »
I have generally used an Otterbox or something similar.  I have tried using the slimmer cases, but usually a cracked screen sends me back to the heavier cases. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2022, 09:16:35 AM »
So I'll have to embrace my inner dork

Fanny pack.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2022, 09:20:11 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2022, 09:23:28 AM »
I won't buy a phone if I can't comfortably carry it in my left front jeans pocket.
That is the location I have standardized on.  I have tried to use belt clips in the past, but I always end up breaking them when they get caught on something. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2022, 09:29:35 AM »
Some of you guys must wear some baggy pants. There's no way I could put my S9 in my front jeans pocket and do anything that involves bending my body. My back pocket is way easier, and I just toss the phone in the console when I get in the car.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2022, 09:36:19 AM »
Some of you guys must wear some baggy pants. There's no way I could put my S9 in my front jeans pocket and do anything that involves bending my body. My back pocket is way easier, and I just toss the phone in the console when I get in the car.
I don't wear skinny jeans.   =)

I usually do relaxed fit jeans of some type.  Usually wranglers and they have decent sized pockets. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2022, 09:43:08 AM »
I don't wear skinny jeans.   =)

I usually do relaxed fit jeans of some type.  Usually wranglers and they have decent sized pockets.

My S20 FE fits just fine in the front pocket of my Wranglers. I'm not skinny by any means but body form can effect this greatly. Maybe some of you need to lose some weight  :rofl:

I'll be in the bunker
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2022, 09:53:03 AM »
My S20 FE fits just fine in the front pocket of my Wranglers. I'm not skinny by any means but body form can effect this greatly. Maybe some of you need to lose some weight  :rofl:

I'll be in the bunker

The depth of the pocket might affect it as well.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2022, 10:03:48 AM »

My jeans aren't particularly baggy, but I have no problems riding in the car with my phone in my pocket.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 10:08:06 AM »
My jeans aren't particularly baggy, but I have no problems riding in the car with my phone in my pocket.

I think part of it for me is that I already keep a knife, flashlight, and sometimes keyfob in the front pockets, and I'd be worried about pulling out the phone and something else being dragged out with it. I think I've lost at least a couple of knives from when I wasn't paying attention pulling keys or other stuff out of a pocket, and the knife coming along without me realizing it.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2022, 10:13:17 AM »
I keep my phone and a leather fold over case with my ID, credit card, and some cash in my left front pocket.

Right front is my S&W .38.

Don't carry a knife.

Keys I carry on a lanyard around my neck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2022, 10:35:21 AM »

I'm the same, except my right front pocket.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2022, 10:53:01 AM »
I keep my phone and a leather fold over case

Oh, I forgot, yeah, I carry a minimalist wallet in a front pocket when I go to town as well.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2022, 11:59:21 AM »
Left front pants pocket: minimalist metal wallet and pocket knife or multi-tool.  Right front pants pocket: house keys and car keys. Left rear pants pocket: bandana.  Phone: jacket pocket, left rear pants pocket or NiteIze belt holster with phone, pen, flashlight and multi-tool.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2022, 12:16:54 PM »
I carry my wallet in my left rear pocket.

I don't always carry a wallet because I've taken to carrying my license, CCW, and a credit card in my front pocket folder.

Generally I carry my wallet with me in my work jeans during the week. In the evening when I change into my grubbies (my old jeans) I normally don't take my wallet unless I need my primary credit card. I have that card linked on my phone, but there are places where I can't use my phone to purchase stuff, so that's when I take my wallet.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2022, 01:29:48 PM »
OK, I'll take a turn.

Gun is @ 4 o'clock
spare magazine stuffed into the top of my right boot

Right front pocket is for my 2 pocket knives, Carmex, any coinage, and maybe an ink pen.

Left front houses my keys and flashlight.

Back pockets get a handkerchief and wallet. Not a $153 slimline wallet like some weirdos out there. Just a regular, leather-ish bi-fold from Walmart.

Leg pocket holds my phone - if possible.

Car fob is clipped into the collar of my A-shirt.

Oh, and there will be a quiz later...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2022, 01:53:15 PM »
"Gun is @ 4 o'clock"

So, if it's only 2 o'clock, you're going to wait around for a couple of hours?

"Oh, and there will be a quiz later..."

If I didn't do the homework, what makes you think I'll do the quiz?