Author Topic: Washing the family Prius  (Read 10821 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Washing the family Prius
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »
But how would it perform in a Montana winter?

Like anything else on a bike; depends on the quality of the tires and rider.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2014, 02:47:41 PM »
Does your van's curb weight include fuel ?   =|

Probably not. I'd run it to one of the scales 'roundabouts to get a baseline on what the actual curb weight is if I were considering running with a load that full. As it is, I've done quite a lot of remodeling on the house using just the minivan for transporting supplies, just buying things as I need them. Few sheets of plywood and drywall here, a bathtub there, etc. The heaviest load it's probably had so far is 8 adults at once.

How drunk were you?

:lol: I'm quite aware what my wife weighs (not much), and no alcohol needed.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2014, 03:10:31 PM »
Probably not. I'd run it to one of the scales 'roundabouts to get a baseline on what the actual curb weight is if I were considering running with a load that full. As it is, I've done quite a lot of remodeling on the house using just the minivan for transporting supplies, just buying things as I need them. Few sheets of plywood and drywall here, a bathtub there, etc. The heaviest load it's probably had so far is 8 adults at once.

:lol: I'm quite aware what my wife weighs (not much), and no alcohol needed.

BUT IF YOU CAN'T HAUL 10 BALES OF HAY, FIFTY SHEETS OF PLYWOOD, A FENCE AND TOW HORSES OVER A MUDDY ROAD YOUR VAN IS WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2014, 03:41:40 PM »
BUT IF YOU CAN'T HAUL 10 BALES OF HAY, FIFTY SHEETS OF PLYWOOD, A FENCE AND TOW HORSES OVER A MUDDY ROAD YOUR VAN IS WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No you spend $55k and buy a fully loaded F-350 4 door dually.

Only rich people live outside the urban areas, at least that is what the liberals always say.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2014, 04:10:18 PM »
No you spend $55k and buy a fully loaded F-350 4 door dually.

Only rich people live outside the urban areas, at least that is what the liberals always say.

They only start out rich  =D

Actually a minivan might be pretty handy to haul hay bales in the rain  =)

Can I borrow yours?  :P
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:22:37 PM by Tallpine »
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2014, 08:54:18 PM »
The bales don't fit very well and it's murder to get the debris outa the carpet and seats. I doubt you could get much over a dozen bales in one even sans seats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2014, 10:30:46 AM »
The bales don't fit very well and it's murder to get the debris outa the carpet and seats. I doubt you could get much over a dozen bales in one even sans seats

Yeah, but if it's not my van then I don't need to clean it out   ;)

Besides, a good hosing should fix it  :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

• friends
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2014, 06:52:57 PM »
My wife was/is pissed

Goats are happy though and it was great hay at 1.50 a bale picked up in the field

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2014, 08:19:21 PM »
My wife was/is pissed

Goats are happy though and it was great hay at 1.50 a bale picked up in the field

Could cut off the body behind the front doors and make a flatbed out of it  =D

• friends
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2014, 09:35:18 PM »
She says hush. Don't give me any ideas

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2014, 10:46:35 AM »
You do realize that a golf cart-size trailer is an easy pull for almost anything, and will hold a lot more hay than a minivan, right?

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2014, 11:00:25 AM »
I saw a Prius with an Obama 08 sticker on in the supermarket parking lot yesterday. It took all I had not to inflict some form of damage on it.  :angel:

I've always wanted to slap one of my " Extremely Rightwing"  stickers from Larue on one of those cars.

I wonder how long it would take them to notice.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2014, 11:06:24 AM »
You do realize that a golf cart-size trailer is an easy pull for almost anything, and will hold a lot more hay than a minivan, right?

The mini-van will pull more than that don't you think ...?

Heck, I know a guy (not me!) who pulled a 14x70 mobile home about 150 miles through the mountains in Colorado with a K-20 Chevy pickup  =D

KD5NRH

• friends
« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2014, 01:53:13 PM »
The mini-van will pull more than that don't you think ...?

Yup, but the golf cart size has the advantage of being able to be pulled behind almost any roadworthy vehicle, and it's usually even light enough to flip on its side for storage.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2014, 02:14:58 PM »
Could cut off the body behind the front doors and make a flatbed out of it  =D

There are a couple of those running around Missoula, one GMC Safari I think and one Ford Windstar.  I find them hilarious.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #65 on: October 13, 2014, 03:17:04 PM »
There are a couple of those running around Missoula, one GMC Safari I think and one Ford Windstar.  I find them hilarious.

I saw one out of a VW Bus, the other day.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2014, 04:06:10 PM »
I saw one out of a VW Bus, the other day.

VW made vehicles like that.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2014, 04:51:25 PM »
Yup, but the golf cart size has the advantage of being able to be pulled behind almost any roadworthy vehicle, and it's usually even light enough to flip on its side for storage.

Not a mini-van, but ....

=D

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2014, 05:11:27 PM »
And there's always the VW 5th wheel:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2014, 08:46:26 PM »
She says hush. Don't give me any ideas

Can you send pics of the conversion from the dog house?   :rofl:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2014, 08:47:49 PM »
As soon as the swelling goes down

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2014, 08:48:41 PM »
Many years ago, Chevy made pickups of a sort out of their Corvair van.  My folks had a Corvair van when I was but a youngster.  Interesting vehicle, but decidedly uncool at the time.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.