Author Topic: Snowden's fail safe revealed -- maybe  (Read 2716 times)

Waitone

• friend
Snowden's fail safe revealed -- maybe
« on: February 09, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »
Falls into the category of read and wait.  If the story is true one could anticipate a fair amount of angst being generated amongst our governmental and financial overlords.

http://www.turnerradionetwork.com/news/266-pat
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 08:28:01 PM »
Doubtful.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Snowden's fail safe revealed -- maybe
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 08:47:13 PM »
Shades of EF&D  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2014, 08:57:08 PM »
Feh.

Posted on Hal Turner's website...

This makes me think Snowden has nothing, and his having anything at all was a hoax that never happened.  If that goose-stepping moron (Turner) said the sky was blue, I'd assume it had turned plaid.  Alex Jones looks positively rational next to him.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »
The problem with any failsafe is that there is always someone who wants the information public and someone who wants it secret.

You as a whistle blower can't protect yourself from both simultaneously with a deadmans switch; somebody always wants you dead.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 09:27:21 PM »
The problem with any failsafe is that there is always someone who wants the information public and someone who wants it secret.

You as a whistle blower can't protect yourself from both simultaneously with a deadmans switch; somebody always wants you dead.

That would make for a good spy movie/book plot.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 09:35:15 PM »
I did a quick search and it popped up on a few mainstream websites as well, though not with the full list of stuff outlined on the Turner website. It would be quite plausible that he has encrypted cloud caches. Seems like the prudent thing for someone in his position to do.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 11:01:44 PM »
I think I'd like Rev's take on this, before making any conclusions

IF his threats are real, sounds like he has the gooberment by the short hairs
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 11:05:54 PM »
Worthless without a "trigger."

The trigger would need to be something far beyond F&F, with Holder and Obama complicit.  Something that would awaken the anti-Statist dragon in every American heart. 
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2014, 04:49:44 AM »
Worthless without a "trigger."

The trigger would need to be something far beyond F&F, with Holder and Obama complicit.  Something that would awaken the anti-Statist dragon in every American heart. 

Then we're probably good till world series time. About the only way to seriously piss of americans these days would be to start screwing sports on TV. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2014, 08:54:51 PM »
Then we're probably good till world series time. About the only way to seriously piss of americans these days would be to start screwing sports on TV. 

Proof that the gov't is fixing the games so the poli-critters can make money gambling?
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2014, 09:32:48 PM »
I think I'd like Rev's take on this, before making any conclusions

IF his threats are real, sounds like he has the gooberment by the short hairs

Lotta options.

NSA may have an list of where all Americans live and a list of all government employees from the IRS or Social Security. You'd just need to cross reference the two. It would be trivial for the NSA to do so if they wanted. I'm not sure why they would want to do so. It's possible, plausible even. But it's a toss up if whether it's true or a bluff.

The NSA collects blackmail on folks. See Qwest CEO. It's unlikely the Snowden has it. It'd be criminally insane to keep that information in electronic format and connected to any network, even an air gapped one. Basically, pulling a Hoover, who historically came closest to becoming an American Stasi. There's a good reason why the FBI director is limited to one ten-year term.

Snowden snagged a lot of material. And he's been selective in what he released. It is suggestive that the NSA is/was divided over offering an amnesty deal in exchange for silence. Apparently the WH shot that down. The NSA wouldn't have remotely considered amnesty if they didn't believe that he had some bombshells left in the arsenal. So... at a minimum, the NSA believes he has plenty of goodies.

There's ways to handle deadman's switch. Smartest would be a split key. Auto-release if he dies, but a second party that would need to manually release only if it looks like the US pulled the trigger. *shrug* It'd all depend on how much game theory the dude has.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re:
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2014, 09:40:45 PM »
Maybe Anonymous has a copy of the data....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2014, 09:57:52 PM »
That would make for a good spy movie/book plot.

Wasn't that more or less the plot for Three Days of the Condor?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2014, 12:35:26 AM »
I'm gonna guess that if Anonymous had it, it would already be public domain
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 12:46:27 AM »

Snowden snagged a lot of material. And he's been selective in what he released. It is suggestive that the NSA is/was divided over offering an amnesty deal in exchange for silence. Apparently the WH shot that down. The NSA wouldn't have remotely considered amnesty if they didn't believe that he had some bombshells left in the arsenal. So... at a minimum, the NSA believes he has plenty of goodies.

QUoted for truthiness.

The NSA, I believe, has an idea of some of the stuff he has, and is very nervous.

And I applaud him for being selective. That, in my mind, is the chief difference between him and manning, whose leaks led to poorly(if at all) redacted docs getting released with informants, some of whom are probably dead now
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2014, 12:51:50 PM »
QUoted for truthiness.

The NSA, I believe, has an idea of some of the stuff he has, and is very nervous.

And I applaud him for being selective. That, in my mind, is the chief difference between him and manning, whose leaks led to poorly(if at all) redacted docs getting released with informants, some of whom are probably dead now

I don't like Manning much myself, but even the feds going after him admit that no one died because of his leaks.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2014, 01:16:07 PM »
I don't like Manning much myself, but even the feds going after him admit that no one died because of his leaks.

So give Brad-Chel another chance?   :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin