Author Topic: Russian Stealth Fighter...  (Read 4477 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Russian Stealth Fighter...
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2010, 09:12:04 AM »
I distinctly remember and article about a MiG-25 or two that were found buried out in the desert.

Here.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2010, 09:16:19 AM »
If I were the man in charge of that crew, I would be operating under the old law of 'finders keepers'.

:D
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
He did, but the guys in the cockpit were no match for ours. 
I definitely agree with that.  That has been the case for some time.  I hope it never changes. 

I would also add that we likely have advantages in avionics and communications, but I doubt that compares to the pilots themselves.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »
No tentacles?
No, no, you're thinking of the Japanese Navy.  =D
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »
Actually, I was reading in the news this morning that Japan is develping a stealth fighter as well. They have a working scale model. I didn't know Japan could have stealth fighters, but I don't know what terms are of the treaties or whatever that they are under.

I think they are OK so long as it turns into a humanoid robot.  =D

And it's supposed to start rampaging through Tokyo, too.  Otherwise it doesn't count.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:56 PM »
It's been said already, but the russians would have better people flying and airborne C&C. I'm sure they are underfunded and underpaid, but let a war get started and they'd get their backs up. Their losses would be horrific, but since when has that kept them from coming out to fight?

Scary is Russian airframes and western avionics/armament ala German MiG-29s.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »
Thank Gawd Uncle Sam owns a bunch of those.

(We bought 21 MiG-29 variants from Moldova in October 1997)
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 07:57:25 AM »
Thank Gawd Uncle Sam owns a bunch of those.

(We bought 21 MiG-29 variants from Moldova in October 1997)
I believe I also saw a program between the US and Germany where we fly and train with/against their MIG 29's.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 11:39:08 AM »
G-98, is the Air Force using those Fulcrums for DACT missions or are they just to look at? Also of interest is we are re-buying F-5s from one of the Scandinavian countries so we can keep our aggressor squadrons flying.

I believe I also saw a program between the US and Germany where we fly and train with/against their MIG 29's.

I'm sure others do it also, but my reserve squadron goes over there every few years to fly against them. Pretty funny seeing F-18s painted like Sukhois flying against German MiGs. My next big goal is of course to get on the next German detachment. Back in the carrier days the Germans flew down to Sardinia and flew with our airwing, Pretty funny to see F-4s in the pattern again or a Mig-29 flying a carrier approach. (Did not fly it to the deck obviously.)
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 01:36:44 PM »

The USMC flys against Indonesian Mig-29s in a cooperative training program with their air force every year.  There is an interesting article about the program in the online Air and Space Smithsonian this month.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
From what I understand, all those USAF MiG-29's were either disassembled for FTD analysis, or simply prepped for static display at various USAF museums and air bases.  One is sitting pretty at Goodfellow AFB near all the other fighters on the student campus there. 
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »
Meh.  Russians.  Media whores.

You won't see what the Chinese have til' they turn it loose.

THAT is something to be concerned over.  We can smack the Ruskies around for fun anyday (Or at least that's the impression I get from reading about them)