Author Topic: NFL Cheerleaders...  (Read 8313 times)

The Annoyed Man

Re: NFL Cheerleaders...
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 03:16:07 PM »
There's a cheerleader for the Houston Texans. Her name is Summer Williams. She works for NASA as an engineer, and she's a pilot.

The cheerleaders get paid minimum wage, and has to attend 30 charity events during a season, plus practice 3 times a week and attend the home games.

She was featured in AOPA pilot back in Sept. 07.

So not all of them are just eye candy.

There is a cheerleader in hockey for the Panthers - they call themselves the Ice Dancers.  Supposedly she's a family-law attorney.  So, not all of them are just eye-candy.  Unfortunately, many of them are though.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 03:17:32 PM »
So, not all of them are just eye-candy.  Unfortunately, many of them are though.
Unfortunately, most of the eye-candy isn't.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 04:12:52 PM »
I seriously don't get it, though.
They are too far away to look at most of the time.  They don't show 'em much on TV. 
They are hot, but I don't know anyone who watches football for the TnA.

Yo.

Seriously, though, I think they wear a lot less clothing than they did 20 years ago.  That probably has something everything to do with it.

As Jamis knows, Google Images is your friend for TnA action.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 06:03:53 PM »
Yeah I don't know where the stereotype that eye candy girls are JUST eye candy comes from.

I dated and/or was friends with many of the cheerleaders in my high school. Many of them turned down cheerleading/volleyball scholarships because the National Merit, etc, scholarships gave them pretty much a full ride to really good colleges. They were also very nice girls. A couple of them dated me, and I am not exactly a perfect 10 in the looks/brawn category.

A couple of my friends now (who I have known for years) are strippers. They also go to school with me. One is getting her masters in computer science, and is one of the nicest girls I know. And the other is majoring in Classics and understands the ancient Greek and Roman philosophers 10 times better than I do. She tutors me when I have trouble in Latin class. She is also a huge Star Trek/ Star Wars/ Tolkien nerd, a complete sweetheart and my best friend.

I think this stereotype comes from the fact that the majority of guys do not have the confidence to talk to "eye candy" girls even on a casual or friendly basis. They cover for this by convincing themselves that these girls are not worth the time anyway. "I am not missing out because if she is THAT FREAKIN HOT she is probably a dumb shallow skank."

Guess what, you ARE missing out.

Your Results May Vary

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 06:36:12 PM »
I guess I'm getting old. After looking at all 31 images ... I thought most of them were pretty damned unattractive. With two exceptions, the cheerleaders my senior year in high school were better looking.

Image number 19 has to be a transvestite ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 06:44:12 PM »
You're just saying that because you're intimidated by pretty girls.   smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 02:04:19 AM »
I dated and/or was friends with many of the cheerleaders in my high school.

Valid.  In college, I knew a few girls who were very intelligent and also cheerleaders.  One of them was even in the honors program.  So, you're right that stereotypes don't always hold.

They hold enough though that they continue to be repeated.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 05:14:11 AM »
My experience has been totally opposite. I know and have always known just as many dumb ugly girls and dumb pretty girls, and vice versa.

As far as the actual cheerleadrs in question on this thread, yeah, i agree... some of them you probably wouldn't look twice at if it wasnt for the outfit and the makeup.

Which tells me they must have some actual cheerleading/dancing/gymnastic talent  grin

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 05:33:48 AM »
In my experience, the stereotype about pretty girls being dumb holds pretty true. Of course, there are exceptions. I'm married to one. But most of the cheerleaders at my high school and most of the "hot" girls that everyone wanted in college were as dumb as rocks, not to mention extremely arrogant.

The Annoyed Man

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2008, 07:21:51 AM »
I think I may have figured out why I have had a different experience!

I live in south/central Texas.

The girls down here are a little different from the rest of the country  angel

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2008, 09:11:22 AM »
In my experience, the stereotype about pretty girls being dumb holds pretty true. Of course, there are exceptions. I'm married to one. But most of the cheerleaders at my high school and most of the "hot" girls that everyone wanted in college were as dumb as rocks, not to mention extremely arrogant.
Sometimes I think that is partly a result of the ease of getting assistance/attention from guys that brings that on. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »
Sometimes I think that is partly a result of the ease of getting assistance/attention from guys that brings that on. 
I agree. I also have noticed that in my corner of the world, they usually seemed to come from rich families and had never had to work for anything. Daddy provided it all.