Author Topic: SEIU invade private property to intimidate bank exec's teenage son  (Read 28387 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: SEIU invade private property to intimidate bank exec's teenage son
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2010, 06:54:49 AM »
Paintball gun?  >:D
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

HankB

• friend
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2010, 07:59:47 AM »
i think the police brass in both areas are lacking in testosterone.  both wanna tip toe through with no waves  law be darned
Police brass is seldom selected based on capability as police officers or police administrators, they are chosen, above all, for their POLITICAL suitability in the eyes of the mayor and/or city council.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
>Except they did call the cops, who showed up and then did nothing.<

That's easy to fix!

Protest Target: "Hello?"

911 operator: "911, what's the nature of your emergency?"

PT: "Yeah... I called about a mob outside my home. I'm at 123 S 4th st"

911: "Yes sir... officers have been dispatched, but they're afraid of doing anything to antagonize the crowd"

PT: "that's fine then. I'm barricaded in the living room with my AR, in case they decide to force entry"

Something tells me that conversation would have police responding, quickly.

The cops would have dispersed the crowd in order to do a forced entry on your home and remove you and your AR.  You would have been considered a "greater threat".
Not that I agree with that, mind you.  I don't.  It's just what I believe would have happened.
At least it would have ended the protest...   ;/
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sanglant

• friend

taurusowner

« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2010, 03:08:08 AM »
In all seriousness, if one decided to sit on their porch with an AR-15 and read a book while this was going on, how likely is it there would be legal repercussions?

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2010, 03:11:54 AM »
moco md?  you are in a world of hurt
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »
In all seriousness, if one decided to sit on their porch with an AR-15 and read a book while this was going on, how likely is it there would be legal repercussions?

In MD!? probably you would go to jail, a friend of mine shot at nazi skinheads breaking into his house in Baltimore during the punk days of the early 80's ... they sent him to jail!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."